Tweak the Title bar

Hey who knows how to change the name from Microsoft Ineternet Explorer to
whatever I want, in the title bar on the top! I did it before but can't
remember the registry key. Thanks in advance!

I don't have the registry key "window title" either, I already checked local
machine and current user. Thanks.

"Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> Hey who knows how to change the name from Microsoft Ineternet Explorer to
> whatever I want, in the title bar on the top! I did it before but can't
> remember the registry key. Thanks in advance!

Shane

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Title is
the key. If you don't have that - I suppose it's possible - make a new
String Value called Window Title in

> I don't have the registry key "window title" either, I already checked
local
> machine and current user. Thanks.
>
> "Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> > Hey who knows how to change the name from Microsoft Ineternet Explorer
> > whatever I want, in the title bar on the top! I did it before but can't
> > remember the registry key. Thanks in advance!

Xteq Setup will let you change it to whatever you want......it will also
allow you to make many other customized settings that are normally hard to
get to. Or you could use a little script file from MS-MVP Doug Knox to do
the same thing:
http://www.dougknox.com/cosmetic/scripts_desc/chgietitle.htm
Heirloom, old and more than one way to kill a cat

"Skyman" wrote:
> Hey who knows how to change the name from Microsoft Ineternet Explorer to
> whatever I want, in the title bar on the top! I did it before but can't
> remember the registry key. Thanks in advance!

'How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title'
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176497>
Spyware Blaster has a tweak that does the above as easily as a couple
clicks; http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thanks, silj.........I forgot about the one in Spyware Blaster......been too
busy putting the XP box together. Almost there!!!! Only thing left is the
RAID array.
Heirloom, old and Lightscribe is cool

"heirloom" wrote:
> Thanks, silj.........I forgot about the one in Spyware Blaster......been too
> busy putting the XP box together. Almost there!!!! Only thing left is the
> RAID array.

Good luck with the XP box, Loom!

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Shane

D'yoo know x-setup is no longer freeware, 'Loom. 30 day trial now.

Shane

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> Xteq Setup will let you change it to whatever you want......it will also
> allow you to make many other customized settings that are normally hard to
> get to. Or you could use a little script file from MS-MVP Doug Knox to do
> the same thing:
> http://www.dougknox.com/cosmetic/scripts_desc/chgietitle.htm
> Heirloom, old and more than one way to kill a cat
>

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Title
> is
> > the key. If you don't have that - I suppose it's possible - make a new
> > String Value called Window Title in
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
> >
> > Shane
> >

> > "Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> > > I don't have the registry key "window title" either, I already checked
> > local
> > > machine and current user. Thanks.
> > >
> > > "Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
Explorer
> can't

Yeah, but, I think there are some places you can still get the old version.
I have it stored away.
Heirloom, old and have been wrong before

> D'yoo know x-setup is no longer freeware, 'Loom. 30 day trial now.
>

> Shane
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > Xteq Setup will let you change it to whatever you want......it will also
> > allow you to make many other customized settings that are normally hard
> > get to. Or you could use a little script file from MS-MVP Doug Knox to
do
> > the same thing:
> > http://www.dougknox.com/cosmetic/scripts_desc/chgietitle.htm
> > Heirloom, old and more than one way to kill a cat
> >

> > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window
Title
> > is
> > > the key. If you don't have that - I suppose it's possible - make a new
> > > String Value called Window Title in
> > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
> > >
> > > Shane
> > >

> > > "Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> > > local

> Explorer
> > can't

Got that (*&^%%#$*(_% RAID array working today.......took me all (*&%$ day
to do it!! The manuals aren't that specific and a lot of it was trial and
error in the BIOS, have I mentioned I hate working in the BIOS (almost as
much as painting).
But, the RAID 0 is working, XP is loaded, still need to dl'd SP2 and some
updates and get all my settings right and then start loading programs. BTW,
just from initial work, I can recommend Acronis True Image for backups,
cloning, partioning and secure storage......jury is still out, but, it looks
good so far.
Heirloom, old and when you're here, you're almost
there

> "heirloom" wrote:
> > Thanks, silj.........I forgot about the one in Spyware Blaster......been
too
> > busy putting the XP box together. Almost there!!!! Only thing left is
the
> > RAID array.
>
> Good luck with the XP box, Loom!
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

"partioning", heirloom? Is this something about odd, kinky doings in some
Texas vineyard near you?

FYI, Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks (RAID)
http://www.storagereview.com/guide2000/ref/hdd/perf/raid/

Why RAID 0, and not 1?
In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
> Got that (*&^%%#$*(_% RAID array working today.......took me all (*&%$ day
> to do it!! The manuals aren't that specific and a lot of it was trial and
> error in the BIOS, have I mentioned I hate working in the BIOS (almost as
> much as painting).
> But, the RAID 0 is working, XP is loaded, still need to dl'd SP2 and some
> updates and get all my settings right and then start loading programs.
BTW,
> just from initial work, I can recommend Acronis True Image for backups,
> cloning, partioning and secure storage......jury is still out, but, it
looks
> good so far.
> Heirloom, old and when you're here, you're almost
> there
>
> "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > "heirloom" wrote:
> > > Thanks, silj.........I forgot about the one in Spyware
Blaster......been
> too
> > > busy putting the XP box together. Almost there!!!! Only thing left
is
> the
> > > RAID array.
> >
> > Good luck with the XP box, Loom!
> >
> > Silj
> >
> > --
> > siljaline
> >
> > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> > Security Tools Updates
> > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> >
> > (Reply to group, as return address
> > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

You're working well Heirloom we'll all be blown away when everything is up
and running. Haven't seen you back in XP yet so things must be going OK
there <g> I'm just having fun with my network at the moment <g>
Joan

heirloom wrote:
> Got that (*&^%%#$*(_% RAID array working today.......took me all
> (*&%$ day to do it!! The manuals aren't that specific and a lot of
> it was trial and error in the BIOS, have I mentioned I hate working
> in the BIOS (almost as much as painting).
> But, the RAID 0 is working, XP is loaded, still need to dl'd SP2 and
> some updates and get all my settings right and then start loading
> programs. BTW, just from initial work, I can recommend Acronis True
> Image for backups, cloning, partioning and secure storage......jury
> is still out, but, it looks good so far.
> Heirloom, old and when you're here, you're
> almost there

Raid 0 because of the little bit of, well, maybe lot of, speed gained.
Plus, I have a 300G IDE that is being used just for backup. And.....I have
noticed a significant speed increase over the single 80G I had XP loaded on
to begin with.

Came back here to check some posts from you and Joan.....they came in on the
XP box, Windowsme.general, posted 05/20/2005 @ 9:57am. The XP box picked
them up as having a potential virus.....odd thing is, they don't even show
on the Me box.....maybe eTrust EZ AV didn't dl'd them?? The OP was from
you, Jack, "Re:NEW - Irfanview 3.97 OT...NOD32 AV tool?" with a time of
8:23am.
I am using Avast! AV at the moment on the XP box, seems to be working well.
Let me know if those posts were actually from you and Joan.
Heirloom, old and speedy

> "partioning", heirloom? Is this something about odd, kinky doings in some
> Texas vineyard near you?
>
> FYI, Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks (RAID)
> http://www.storagereview.com/guide2000/ref/hdd/perf/raid/
>
> Why RAID 0, and not 1?
> In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > Got that (*&^%%#$*(_% RAID array working today.......took me all (*&%$
day
> > to do it!! The manuals aren't that specific and a lot of it was trial
and
> > error in the BIOS, have I mentioned I hate working in the BIOS (almost
as
> > much as painting).
> > But, the RAID 0 is working, XP is loaded, still need to dl'd SP2 and
some
> > updates and get all my settings right and then start loading programs.
> BTW,
> > just from initial work, I can recommend Acronis True Image for backups,
> > cloning, partioning and secure storage......jury is still out, but, it
> looks
> > good so far.
> > Heirloom, old and when you're here, you're
almost
> > there
> >
> > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Blaster......been
> > too
> is
> > the
> > >
> > > Good luck with the XP box, Loom!
> > >
> > > Silj
> > >
> > > --
> > > siljaline
> > >
> > > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> > > Security Tools Updates
> > > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> > >
> > > (Reply to group, as return address
> > > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

That did the trick nicely! Thanks again! Skyman!

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> Xteq Setup will let you change it to whatever you want......it will also
> allow you to make many other customized settings that are normally hard to
> get to. Or you could use a little script file from MS-MVP Doug Knox to do
> the same thing:
> http://www.dougknox.com/cosmetic/scripts_desc/chgietitle.htm
> Heirloom, old and more than one way to kill a cat
>

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Title
> is
> > the key. If you don't have that - I suppose it's possible - make a new
> > String Value called Window Title in
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
> >
> > Shane
> >

> > "Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> > > I don't have the registry key "window title" either, I already checked
> > local
> > > machine and current user. Thanks.
> > >
> > > "Skyman" <skyman2112@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
Explorer
> can't

Yes they were Heirloom, on my box the OP was from Jack posted 20/05/2005
2:23PM and my reply was posted 20/05/2005 3:57PM
Joan

heirloom wrote:
> Came back here to check some posts from you and Joan.....they came in
> on the XP box, Windowsme.general, posted 05/20/2005 @ 9:57am. The XP
> box picked them up as having a potential virus.....odd thing is, they
> don't even show on the Me box.....maybe eTrust EZ AV didn't dl'd
> them?? The OP was from you, Jack, "Re:NEW - Irfanview 3.97
> OT...NOD32 AV tool?" with a time of 8:23am.
> I am using Avast! AV at the moment on the XP box, seems to be working
> well. Let me know if those posts were actually from you and Joan.
> Heirloom, old and speedy

That's really odd.......the posts don't show up on my Me box, but, they do
on the XP box. My guess is the difference in the AV's. I am currently
using the 'freebie' Avast! AV on the XP box.....guess it could be a false
positive, but, it still seems odd that the posts don't show on the Me box
with eTrust EZ AV.
Heirloom, old and really tired

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Yes they were Heirloom, on my box the OP was from Jack posted 20/05/2005
> 2:23PM and my reply was posted 20/05/2005 3:57PM
> Joan
>

> heirloom wrote:
> > Came back here to check some posts from you and Joan.....they came in
> > on the XP box, Windowsme.general, posted 05/20/2005 @ 9:57am. The XP
> > box picked them up as having a potential virus.....odd thing is, they
> > don't even show on the Me box.....maybe eTrust EZ AV didn't dl'd
> > them?? The OP was from you, Jack, "Re:NEW - Irfanview 3.97
> > OT...NOD32 AV tool?" with a time of 8:23am.
> > I am using Avast! AV at the moment on the XP box, seems to be working
> > well. Let me know if those posts were actually from you and Joan.
> > Heirloom, old and speedy

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

It is almost 1 am here and I am trying to wrap my mind around this......but
I think the answer must be that once you download posts into XP from your
ISP, there is no copy left on it to download into WinME.

I don't d/l copies of emails with my ISP when using OE......which is what
made me think of this. However, if I read my regular mail with Yahoo, a
copy is left with Rogers.

HTH.....Figgs

> That's really odd.......the posts don't show up on my Me box, but, they do
> on the XP box. My guess is the difference in the AV's. I am currently
> using the 'freebie' Avast! AV on the XP box.....guess it could be a false
> positive, but, it still seems odd that the posts don't show on the Me box
> with eTrust EZ AV.
> Heirloom, old and really tired
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > Yes they were Heirloom, on my box the OP was from Jack posted 20/05/2005
> > 2:23PM and my reply was posted 20/05/2005 3:57PM
> > Joan
> >

> > heirloom wrote:
> > > Came back here to check some posts from you and Joan.....they came in
> > > on the XP box, Windowsme.general, posted 05/20/2005 @ 9:57am. The XP
> > > box picked them up as having a potential virus.....odd thing is, they
> > > don't even show on the Me box.....maybe eTrust EZ AV didn't dl'd
> > > them?? The OP was from you, Jack, "Re:NEW - Irfanview 3.97
> > > OT...NOD32 AV tool?" with a time of 8:23am.
> > > I am using Avast! AV at the moment on the XP box, seems to be working
> > > well. Let me know if those posts were actually from you and Joan.
> > > Heirloom, old and speedy

These aren't emails Heather they are postings in the general ng here.
Joan

Heather wrote:
> It is almost 1 am here and I am trying to wrap my mind around
> this......but I think the answer must be that once you download posts
> into XP from your ISP, there is no copy left on it to download into
> WinME.
>
> I don't d/l copies of emails with my ISP when using OE......which is
> what made me think of this. However, if I read my regular mail with
> Yahoo, a copy is left with Rogers.
>
> HTH.....Figgs

Sorry Heirloom but I haven't a clue what could be wrong as this XP box of
mine is the only one set up with NG's so I can't check with Kelly's WinME
box, not while she's around anyway <g> and she has the free version of
AVG. John has eTrust but that's another XP box.
Joan

heirloom wrote:
> That's really odd.......the posts don't show up on my Me box, but,
> they do on the XP box. My guess is the difference in the AV's. I am
> currently using the 'freebie' Avast! AV on the XP box.....guess it
> could be a false positive, but, it still seems odd that the posts
> don't show on the Me box with eTrust EZ AV.
> Heirloom, old and really tired

Nope, I have ALL the other posts, identical on both machines, except for
those two.
Heirloom, old and has two of almost everything

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> It is almost 1 am here and I am trying to wrap my mind around
this......but
> I think the answer must be that once you download posts into XP from your
> ISP, there is no copy left on it to download into WinME.
>
> I don't d/l copies of emails with my ISP when using OE......which is what
> made me think of this. However, if I read my regular mail with Yahoo, a
> copy is left with Rogers.
>
> HTH.....Figgs
>
> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > That's really odd.......the posts don't show up on my Me box, but, they
do
> > on the XP box. My guess is the difference in the AV's. I am currently
> > using the 'freebie' Avast! AV on the XP box.....guess it could be a
false
> > positive, but, it still seems odd that the posts don't show on the Me
box
> > with eTrust EZ AV.
> > Heirloom, old and really tired
> >

> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes they were Heirloom, on my box the OP was from Jack posted
20/05/2005
> > > 2:23PM and my reply was posted 20/05/2005 3:57PM
> > > Joan

XP

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Oops......well, it was late and I forgot it was posts......mea culpa.

XX Heather

> These aren't emails Heather they are postings in the general ng here.
> Joan
>
> Heather wrote:
> > It is almost 1 am here and I am trying to wrap my mind around
> > this......but I think the answer must be that once you download posts
> > into XP from your ISP, there is no copy left on it to download into
> > WinME.
> >
> > I don't d/l copies of emails with my ISP when using OE......which is
> > what made me think of this. However, if I read my regular mail with
> > Yahoo, a copy is left with Rogers.
> >
> > HTH.....Figgs

I don't know anything about any purported virus originating from here,
heirloom.

AV tool here is the usual NAV 2004 Pro with 5/18/2005 signatures today. I
usually get the latest signatures the first thing at any session. I would
expect that my 5/20 post was done using the same signatures as I have now,
5/23. The NAV Activity log shows no recent threats or errors, and the
Quarantine folder has no items.

So I can only surmise that the most probable explanation is that you have a
"false positive" from Avast.
What was the name of the virus suspect?

Re: the absence of two posts from the ng's in the WinME machine. Perhaps
the AV tool, after detecting them as "infected" and unable to repair, simply
deleted them from the ng list. Look for a log entry reporting same.

Your reported disk access speed increase for your RAID 0 vs. a single IDE
ATAPI HD is usual. So you are now smokin' like your chile, eh?
What does PC PitStop report for the new machine?
> [...]
> > > But, the RAID 0 is working, XP is loaded, still need to dl'd SP2 and
> some
> > > updates and get all my settings right and then start loading programs.
> > BTW,
> > > just from initial work, I can recommend Acronis True Image for
backups,
> > > cloning, partioning and secure storage......jury is still out, but, it
> > looks
> > > good so far.
> > > Heirloom, old and when you're here, you're
> almost
> > > there
> > >
> > > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Blaster......been
> > > too
> > is
> > > the

Shane

> Yeah, but, I think there are some places you can still get the old

I daresay.

> I have it stored away.

Me too.

> Heirloom, old and have been wrong before

Me too. Funny that! Reminds me of a line from Scrubs.

Shane

Shane

> You're working well Heirloom we'll all be blown away when everything is up
> and running.

That'd be the consequence of being behind him.

Shane

ROFL
After one of his chillies <g>
Joan