msvcrt.dll Error

Moses

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002

I've been using a word processing program (not MS Word) for 4 years with no
problems, but now every time I open up this program I get the message that it
has caused an error in msvcrt.dll and it closes the program.
I lost the original disk for this program.
What is this file, and how do I get rid of this error?

Chances are that some other program that you've recently installed has
changed teh version of the msvcrt.dll file - and your older program doesn't
understand it.

Try this.....

Do a Search for Files named "MSVCRT" - see what comes up

RENAME ALL versions of the file found (except those found in the C:\Windows
folder tree) to MSVCRT.DLL.OLD then reboot, and see what happens.

If the problem persists - what are the versions found and where???, what
program are you using? (we're all aware of the real world here, so don't be
coy! <G>)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi