Sounds being played too fast

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I have just started having a play with the latest alpha, and found
that around 50% of the time, the sound effects are being played
too fast - at what sounds like double pitch and double speed. Has
anyone else found this? Is it a bug or something I've done wrong?

Thanks.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:02:27 +0000, Tom Cumming wrote:

> I have just started having a play with the latest alpha, and found
> that around 50% of the time, the sound effects are being played
> too fast - at what sounds like double pitch and double speed. Has
> anyone else found this? Is it a bug or something I've done wrong?

That's the newsounds feature. These sounds have that speed setting in the
sample.cat, and the new sound dll just plays them at that speed. TTD
however ignored the speed and always played it at 11 kHz.

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/