Installation for wireless network adapter

I have been trying to install the software for Linksys wireless network
adapter.When I installed it, it says that the installation was successful but
the icon doesn't appear.When I go to the start button and open up from
there,I keep having the error messages :

Wusb54gv4 has caused an error in <unknown>.Wusb54gv4 will now close.

Wusb54gv4 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.
Wusb54gv4 will now close.

I have already reinstall my windows but it still doesn't work.
2 answers Last reply
More about installation wireless network adapter

    Look for a driver update from linksys page. That should help.

    --
    Jonybrv

    "kaliben" wrote:

    > I have been trying to install the software for Linksys wireless network
    > adapter.When I installed it, it says that the installation was successful but
    > the icon doesn't appear.When I go to the start button and open up from
    > there,I keep having the error messages :
    >
    > Wusb54gv4 has caused an error in <unknown>.Wusb54gv4 will now close.
    >
    > Wusb54gv4 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.
    > Wusb54gv4 will now close.
    >
    > I have already reinstall my windows but it still doesn't work.

    IIUYC, see the lists for

    WUSB54G - Wireless-G USB Network Adapter version 4
    at http://www.linksys.com/download/default.asp

    Uninstall and reinstall the new DL'd driver, and possibly the firmware.

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "kaliben" <kaliben @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have been trying to install the software for Linksys wireless network
    > adapter.When I installed it, it says that the installation was successful
    but
    > the icon doesn't appear.When I go to the start button and open up from
    > there,I keep having the error messages :
    >
    > Wusb54gv4 has caused an error in <unknown>.Wusb54gv4 will now close.
    >
    > Wusb54gv4 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.
    > Wusb54gv4 will now close.
    >
    > I have already reinstall my windows but it still doesn't work.

Wireless Network Microsoft Windows