After I installed photoshop I am not able to boot up ... all I get is a blank
screen, I don't even see the windows xp sign. How do I go about trying to
dignose the problem?

Your computer should reboot normally if you installed
a legitimate copy of Photoshop.

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Pxour" wrote:

| After I installed photoshop I am not able to boot up ... all I get is a blank
| screen, I don't even see the windows xp sign. How do I go about trying to
| dignose the problem?

Try using Last Known Good Configuration. Start the computer and repeatedly
press the F8 key till you see the Advanced Boot Menu. Select Last Known Good
Configuration and press Enter.

If that doesn't work then try running System Restore. Boot to the Advanced
Boot Menu. Select the option for "Safe Mode with command prompt". At the
command prompt type the following and press Enter.
C:\Windows\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

This will start the System Restore gui where you can go back a day.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp