do any Asrock m./b`s support 400MHz celeron?

so far i`ve tried a P4VT8+ and a P4i45E and neither work with my celeron
cpu. the P4VT8+ only supported Prescott 800MHz chips (not stated on the
website i bought it from and only stated in the cpu support list on ASrock`s
website) and i checked the website for any evidence that the P4i45E didn`t
support the celeron 400MHz chip and i could find none. So, psu works fine,
ram is fine, gfx card fine, cleared cmos. I tried to power up the P4VT8+
@800MHz with 400MHz chip in but didn`t get anywhere. If nothing happened is
the celeron still working?. looks like rma city for me. send it all back and
get a good reliable amd system instead. at least they do what the m/b maual
states they do.. :-(

TIA

Howdy!

"Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> so far i`ve tried a P4VT8+ and a P4i45E and neither work with my celeron
> cpu. the P4VT8+ only supported Prescott 800MHz chips (not stated on the
> website i bought it from and only stated in the cpu support list on
ASrock`s
> website) and i checked the website for any evidence that the P4i45E didn`t
> support the celeron 400MHz chip and i could find none. So, psu works fine,
> ram is fine, gfx card fine, cleared cmos. I tried to power up the P4VT8+
> @800MHz with 400MHz chip in but didn`t get anywhere. If nothing happened
is
> the celeron still working?. looks like rma city for me. send it all back
and
> get a good reliable amd system instead. at least they do what the m/b
maual
> states they do.. :-(

If you can still get it, the M266A does 400Mhz FSB and Celerons
(currently I have a Willamette 2.0GHz P4 in mine ... )

But it doesn't do Prescotts.

Basically, if it does Prescotts, it won't do the Cel 400s.

Now, there's a Foxconn board that does both via a jumper (one way it
does Willamettes, the other it does Prescotts and Northwoods) ... which
might be your better choice.

It's a nice little SiS based board (SiS 648/651 combo), and I'll try
to get the model number for you.

RwP