BigJim

they are both about the same as far as speed and buffer goes.
I have used both Seagate and WD, I would always opt for the cheaper one.

"Damon" <yadda@yadda.com> wrote in message
> Western Digital 120 GB
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-118&depa=0
>
> OR
>
> Seagate 120 GB
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-022&depa=0
>

> It will be running in a removable HD rack. Does one run hotter? TIA

I have not used Seagate but WD's tech support is excellent.

"Damon" <yadda@yadda.com> wrote in message
> Western Digital 120 GB
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-118&depa=0
>
> OR
>
> Seagate 120 GB
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-022&depa=0
>

> It will be running in a removable HD rack. Does one run hotter? TIA

Hello, Damon!
You wrote on Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:12:50 -0500:

Fortunately for me WD tech support has been grand. They've replaced a drive
I bought about 6 years ago every other year w/o a problem. Of course, I
would have preferred a drive that didn't fail every two years or so.

Limited (and old data) on Seagate.

I've never had a Maxtor drive fail until five minutes after I send this
note. <g>

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip@removethespambigfoot.com

D> Western Digital 120 GB

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-118&depa=0

D> OR

D> Seagate 120 GB

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-022&depa=0

D> It will be running in a removable HD rack. Does one run hotter? TIA

"Damon" <yadda@yadda.com> wrote in message
> Western Digital 120 GB
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-118&depa=0
>
> OR
>
> Seagate 120 GB
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-022&depa=0
>

> It will be running in a removable HD rack. Does one run hotter? TIA

Most of my systems now have Seagate drives in them and I'm quite happy. I've
only had one Seagate go bad and getting it exchanged in warranty took about a
week. My experience has been that I tend to outgrow them before they wear out.

--
James T. White