Hi all,
my problem is that if i connect a usb device to my laptop running
windows XP
when it has booted it won't show up. but if i connect it before
booting it shows up fine.. this is really annoying because if i
forget to plug it in before booting i have to reboot machine for it
to work...
does anybody have a solution or maybe it has happened to somebody b4.
thanking you in advance

Laptop make: Advent 7056
Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
512 RAM
Windows XP Professional no SP
USB1

A number of usb issues were addressed with Sp1. Maybe you could look into
that.

Bob Troll

Before you go to too much trouble try plugging it in & then going into
device manager & highlight the name of the computer (top entry in list) &
select "Scan for ....... " up above it or just right click it & "Scan for
Any better?
I find the same applies with a serial port modem.