lmouse.drv error! Help.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Guys looking for any help with this. Have Windows 98/ME and am getting the
following.

Error loading lmouse.drv error. Reinstall windows.

Can start under safe mode, but computer will not do a safe recovery restore
to an earlier date, nor will it restart using the recovery disk.

Which? 98 or Me?

Try removing the Logitech mouse reference.

If Win98, in safe mode, try start-run-sysedit and edit system.ini
Remove the line:
mouse.drv=lmouse.vxd

If WinMe, you may not have sysedit (depending on your upgrade path) so
edit system.ini in Notepad.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "GMAN"
<GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Guys looking for any help with this. Have Windows 98/ME and am getting the
>following.
>
>Error loading lmouse.drv error. Reinstall windows.
>
>Can start under safe mode, but computer will not do a safe recovery restore
>to an earlier date, nor will it restart using the recovery disk.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Alan,

Is Windows ME, was pre installed when I purchased it 4 years ago.

So in ME, edit the line in system.ini the same as noted for 98?

Ta

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Which? 98 or Me?
>
> Try removing the Logitech mouse reference.
>
> If Win98, in safe mode, try start-run-sysedit and edit system.ini
> Remove the line:
> mouse.drv=lmouse.vxd
>
> If WinMe, you may not have sysedit (depending on your upgrade path) so
> edit system.ini in Notepad.
>
> ....Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>

> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "GMAN"
> <GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Guys looking for any help with this. Have Windows 98/ME and am getting the
> >following.
> >
> >Error loading lmouse.drv error. Reinstall windows.
> >
> >Can start under safe mode, but computer will not do a safe recovery restore
> >to an earlier date, nor will it restart using the recovery disk.

You probably will not have sysedit.exe if you did not upgrade from
Wun98 so just edit system.ini in Notepad.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "GMAN"
<GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Alan,
>
>Is Windows ME, was pre installed when I purchased it 4 years ago.
>
>So in ME, edit the line in system.ini the same as noted for 98?
>
>Ta
>
>"Alan Edwards" wrote:
>
>> Which? 98 or Me?
>>
>> Try removing the Logitech mouse reference.
>>
>> If Win98, in safe mode, try start-run-sysedit and edit system.ini
>> Remove the line:
>> mouse.drv=lmouse.vxd
>>
>> If WinMe, you may not have sysedit (depending on your upgrade path) so
>> edit system.ini in Notepad.
>>
>> ....Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>

>> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "GMAN"
>> <GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Guys looking for any help with this. Have Windows 98/ME and am getting the
>> >following.
>> >
>> >Error loading lmouse.drv error. Reinstall windows.
>> >
>> >Can start under safe mode, but computer will not do a safe recovery restore
>> >to an earlier date, nor will it restart using the recovery disk.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Alan, I take it I simply remove the line, do I need to put in a
replacement?

No.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "GMAN"
<GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Alan, I take it I simply remove the line, do I need to put in a
>replacement?
>
>"Alan Edwards" wrote:
>
>> You probably will not have sysedit.exe if you did not upgrade from
>> Win98 so just edit system.ini in Notepad.
>>
>> ....Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "GMAN"
>> <GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks Alan,
>> >
>> >Is Windows ME, was pre installed when I purchased it 4 years ago.
>> >
>> >So in ME, edit the line in system.ini the same as noted for 98?
>> >
>> >Ta

You have this resolved yet ??

On Thu, 26 May 2005 00:50:01 -0700, "GMAN"
<GMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Guys looking for any help with this. Have Windows 98/ME and am getting the
>following.
>
>Error loading lmouse.drv error. Reinstall windows.
>
>Can start under safe mode, but computer will not do a safe recovery restore
>to an earlier date, nor will it restart using the recovery disk.

-- Keyboard not detected
Press F1 to continue