Background lost / problems

I am unable to get my background for my desktop to stay. I see the picture I
have chosen during startup, but it disapears after the icons load. Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about background lost problems

    Try setting yoiur background to "None", did it work? If so, set your
    background to one different than the one that is having an issue, did it
    work? If so, you may have a corrupted file and need to replace it. If none
    of them work, we'll have to wait for a guru or I will research the issue
    when I get home and repost.
    Heirloom, old and use the 'none.'

    "pfd_firemedic" <pfd_firemedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am unable to get my background for my desktop to stay. I see the
    picture I
    > have chosen during startup, but it disapears after the icons load. Any
    ideas?

    I tried setting to none. Didn't work. When I restart my machine I lose the
    background again. It's not just one specific file either...If I try and use
    one of the Windows backgrounds, the same thing occurs. Whenever I restart my
    machine I lose the selected background when the icons load. Thanks for the
    info though. Any one else have any ideas?

    "heirloom" wrote:

    > Try setting yoiur background to "None", did it work? If so, set your
    > background to one different than the one that is having an issue, did it
    > work? If so, you may have a corrupted file and need to replace it. If none
    > of them work, we'll have to wait for a guru or I will research the issue
    > when I get home and repost.
    > Heirloom, old and use the 'none.'
    >
    > "pfd_firemedic" <pfd_firemedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am unable to get my background for my desktop to stay. I see the
    > picture I
    > > have chosen during startup, but it disapears after the icons load. Any
    > ideas?

    Just for the 'halibut'.........try a repair of IE. It won't hurt anything
    and may solve your issue. Do so by opening Start, Settings, Control Panel,
    Add/Remove Programs, select IE. When you click on the remove button, you
    will get another window with the option to repair IE.....click on that and
    follow the prompts.
    Also, if this is a recent issue, have you made any changes to your system,
    i.e. video card, drivers, new apps, etc.? If very recent, have you tried a
    System Restore to a point before the issue started?
    Nice thing about the SR, you can always revert back if it doesn't help.
    Heirloom, old and 'bout ready to move into the
    XP box

    > I tried setting to none. Didn't work. When I restart my machine I lose
    the
    > background again. It's not just one specific file either...If I try and
    use
    > one of the Windows backgrounds, the same thing occurs. Whenever I restart
    my
    > machine I lose the selected background when the icons load. Thanks for
    the
    > info though. Any one else have any ideas?
    >
    > "heirloom" wrote:
    >
    > > Try setting yoiur background to "None", did it work? If so, set your
    > > background to one different than the one that is having an issue, did it
    > > work? If so, you may have a corrupted file and need to replace it. If
    none
    > > of them work, we'll have to wait for a guru or I will research the issue
    > > when I get home and repost.
    > > Heirloom, old and use the 'none.'
    > >
    > > "pfd_firemedic" <pfd_firemedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > > > I am unable to get my background for my desktop to stay. I see the
    > > picture I
    > > > have chosen during startup, but it disapears after the icons load.
    Any
    > > ideas?

    Do you have Active Desktop turned on in Display Properties? If so, turn it
    off.

    "pfd_firemedic" <pfdfiremedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I tried setting to none. Didn't work. When I restart my machine I lose
    >the
    > background again. It's not just one specific file either...If I try and
    > use
    > one of the Windows backgrounds, the same thing occurs. Whenever I restart
    > my
    > machine I lose the selected background when the icons load. Thanks for
    > the
    > info though. Any one else have any ideas?
    >
    > "heirloom" wrote:
    >
    >> Try setting yoiur background to "None", did it work? If so, set your
    >> background to one different than the one that is having an issue, did it
    >> work? If so, you may have a corrupted file and need to replace it. If
    >> none
    >> of them work, we'll have to wait for a guru or I will research the issue
    >> when I get home and repost.
    >> Heirloom, old and use the 'none.'
    >>
    >> "pfd_firemedic" <pfd_firemedic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > I am unable to get my background for my desktop to stay. I see the
    >> picture I
    >> > have chosen during startup, but it disapears after the icons load. Any
    >> ideas?

Desktops Microsoft Icons Windows