Any place on the Web that can help me calculate power cons..

Are there any sites on the Web that can help me to figure out exactly
how much power my system is consuming? I can estimate by looking up
power ratings for individual components but it takes a long time and
sometimes it's hard to find numbers for components that don't
specifically say how much power they require. It would be nice if they
were all in a single place.

More about place calculate power cons

    I recently learned about http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

    Don't know how accurate are their estimates.

    May be other such calculators.

    --
    http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
    "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Are there any sites on the Web that can help me to figure out exactly
    > how much power my system is consuming? I can estimate by looking up
    > power ratings for individual components but it takes a long time and
    > sometimes it's hard to find numbers for components that don't
    > specifically say how much power they require. It would be nice if they
    > were all in a single place.
    >
    > --
    > Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.

    Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Are there any sites on the Web that can help me to figure out
    >exactly how much power my system is consuming? I can estimate by
    >looking up power ratings for individual components but it takes a
    >long time and sometimes it's hard to find numbers for components
    >that don't specifically say how much power they require. It would
    >be nice if they were all in a single place.

    If you haven't already thought of this, who knows, but the best
    solution might be to use one of those AC wire current meters on your
    power supply cable. Yes that means all of the quiescent current will
    be included, but at least you could compare it to another system and
    it wouldn't be like pulling teeth.

    You might get some excellent answers from other regulars here. My
    answer isn't the beginning or the end, I realize it probably won't
    solve your problem.

    Good luck.

    --
    To participate in an open-source Windows macro recorder project,
    please see the unmoderated group (comp.windows.open-look). Coding

    In article <Xns95FA1576D4188wisdomfolly@151.164.30.48>,
    John Doe <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing.com> wrote:
    >Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Are there any sites on the Web that can help me to figure out
    >>exactly how much power my system is consuming? I can estimate by
    >>looking up power ratings for individual components but it takes a
    >>long time and sometimes it's hard to find numbers for components
    >>that don't specifically say how much power they require. It would
    >>be nice if they were all in a single place.
    >
    >If you haven't already thought of this, who knows, but the best
    >solution might be to use one of those AC wire current meters on your
    >power supply cable. Yes that means all of the quiescent current will
    >be included, but at least you could compare it to another system and
    >it wouldn't be like pulling teeth.
    >
    >You might get some excellent answers from other regulars here. My
    >answer isn't the beginning or the end, I realize it probably won't
    >solve your problem.
    >
    >Good luck.
    >

    >--
    >To participate in an open-source Windows macro recorder project,
    >please see the unmoderated group (comp.windows.open-look). Coding
    >help is needed. Using VC++ 7. The project files or the program files
    >will be provided to programmers or expert Windows users, just ask.

    Here's another one:

    http://takaman.jp/D/?english

    These are interesting, but I don't know if the calcuate startup surge,
    so a PSU has to be 2x the running power.

    My big desktop PS has been measured as drawing 160W/213VA at the plug
    and a very rough runthru the caclulator on the above URL comes out at
    209W, but I was guessing about some component models.

    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    In article <Xns95FA1576D4188wisdomfolly@151.164.30.48>,
    John Doe <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing.com> wrote:
    >Mxsmanic <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Are there any sites on the Web that can help me to figure out
    >>exactly how much power my system is consuming? I can estimate by
    >>looking up power ratings for individual components but it takes a
    >>long time and sometimes it's hard to find numbers for components
    >>that don't specifically say how much power they require. It would
    >>be nice if they were all in a single place.
    >
    >If you haven't already thought of this, who knows, but the best
    >solution might be to use one of those AC wire current meters on your
    >power supply cable. Yes that means all of the quiescent current will
    >be included, but at least you could compare it to another system and
    >it wouldn't be like pulling teeth.
    >
    >You might get some excellent answers from other regulars here. My
    >answer isn't the beginning or the end, I realize it probably won't
    >solve your problem.
    >
    >Good luck.
    >

    >--
    >To participate in an open-source Windows macro recorder project,
    >please see the unmoderated group (comp.windows.open-look). Coding
    >help is needed. Using VC++ 7. The project files or the program files
    >will be provided to programmers or expert Windows users, just ask.

    kill-a-watt

    http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/killawatt-review.html

    About $30.

    --

    Al Dykes writes:

    > Here's another one:
    >

    > http://takaman.jp/D/?english

    Excellent!

    > These are interesting, but I don't know if the calcuate startup surge,
    > so a PSU has to be 2x the running power.

    Well, my total is 320W according to this calculator, with everything
    running at 100% utilization. It's 300W with 80% utilization.

    The PSU is 525W, so hopefully I'm safe and I have a generous margin.

    > My big desktop PS has been measured as drawing 160W/213VA at the plug
    > and a very rough runthru the caclulator on the above URL comes out at
    > 209W, but I was guessing about some component models.

    At 80% utilization?

Homebuilt Power Components Systems