The most incredible sim flying video I've ever seen!

Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I cant
imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but I
guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.

Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this video,
but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
online scrap..

But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
perfect.

This is a must download despite the large file size.

http://tinyurl.com/523ns
47 answers Last reply
More about incredible flying video seen

    Looked in my Oxford for a word to describe this but couldn't...absolutely
    awesome

    Wonder how much and if they will ever have a commercial release of that sim.

    Oscar here is the link http://www.virtualflight.ru/

    Bill

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    > cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    > video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Colin,
    Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow demonstrations
    that I have seen too. Just incredible.....

    Randy L.

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    > cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Thanks for the link, Colin! That was worth waiting for 82MB's to come
    down the wire. Hope someone at MS sees it and then strives to emulate
    it in a forthcoming release.

    Dave

    Colin wrote:
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but I
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Unfortunately that's about the only thing LOMAC is good for . . . making
    movies.

    Hi Colin,
    Thanks for finding this..

    All I can say is... WOW!

    S.

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    > cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    > video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Pretty amazing video - what is the actual URL of this download?

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Great find, Colin. Anyone who hasn't seen this video - get looking!

    Rich

    "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
    > Looked in my Oxford for a word to describe this but couldn't...absolutely
    > awesome
    >
    > Wonder how much and if they will ever have a commercial release of that
    > sim.
    > Bill

    Just for you Bill

    http://www.lo-mac.com/

    Fred

    "Fred" <not@nospamsure.com> wrote in message

    > "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Looked in my Oxford for a word to describe this but couldn't...absolutely
    >> awesome
    >>
    >> Wonder how much and if they will ever have a commercial release of that
    >> sim.
    >> Bill
    >
    > Just for you Bill
    >
    > http://www.lo-mac.com/
    >
    > Fred

    Thanks Fred thats 10-4
    Bill

    > Pretty amazing video - what is the actual URL of this download?

    Oscar, I actually stumbled upon this on a game site this morning by
    accident, but decided to check out SimHQ shortly afterwards, one of the
    Russian guys that flew in this video announced it there yesterday or the day
    before.

    http://tinyurl.com/3m33u

    Tiny URL again, but if I were to post the full URL it would wrap and most
    likely not work for a lot of us, 2 original download links can be found
    there.

    I feel really sorry for the guys on dial up and this 82mb download, but if
    its any re-assurance, even on my old dial up times I managed larger files
    with the help of a download manager, this really is a must see.

    Cheers.

    Stunning, Incredible, Awesome, WOW!!!

    After watching it at least 10 times, I am still awestruck.

    OMG WOW!

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    > cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    > video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Absolutely outstanding!!!! Maybe a challenge for some other people?.......
    ;-)
    --
    Oskar
    (retired captain)

    I have just visited the web site for this program and found some terrible
    news.

    http://www.lo-mac.com/

    Fred

    Simple AWESOME!

    Anyone getting ready to look at this video, don't even bother streaming it.
    Simply just right-click on that Tiny URL and do a "Save As" because you are
    going to want to keep this one!

    All 82 megs download in only a couple minutes at 580 kbs. This video
    justified this month's broadband bill. :^)

    Thanks!!!

    Thanks Colin,

    Actually was able to capture and save to disk the video stream from your
    earlier link - saves me downloading the 82MB over and over again.

    Yes, graphics in LockOn are really outstanding, and the VC's in the LockOn
    planes are as good or better than the best available from FS2004 payware.

    BTW there is a Su-27 Flanker (the plane used in this video) available for
    FS2002 as well, if anybody is interested. By Peter Davies and file is
    flanker.zip. Works (sort of) in FS9.

    Oscar

    > > Pretty amazing video - what is the actual URL of this download?
    >
    > Oscar, I actually stumbled upon this on a game site this morning by
    > accident, but decided to check out SimHQ shortly afterwards, one of the
    > Russian guys that flew in this video announced it there yesterday or the
    day
    > before.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3m33u
    >
    > Tiny URL again, but if I were to post the full URL it would wrap and most
    > likely not work for a lot of us, 2 original download links can be found
    > there.
    >
    > I feel really sorry for the guys on dial up and this 82mb download, but if
    > its any re-assurance, even on my old dial up times I managed larger files
    > with the help of a download manager, this really is a must see.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Quite Nice!

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message news:37ckp8F5a6b2eU1@individual.net...
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but I
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Amazing - fantastic, to quote Airbus F-WWOW!!!!!

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    > cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    > video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Oscar,

    That's what I did, too.

    Are my eyes playing tricks, or are some of those rear-view mirrors
    actually FUNCTIONING in LOMAC???

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Oscar" <asta@la.vista.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks Colin,
    >
    > Actually was able to capture and save to disk the video stream from your
    > earlier link - saves me downloading the 82MB over and over again.
    >
    > Yes, graphics in LockOn are really outstanding, and the VC's in the LockOn
    > planes are as good or better than the best available from FS2004 payware.
    >
    > BTW there is a Su-27 Flanker (the plane used in this video) available for
    > FS2002 as well, if anybody is interested. By Peter Davies and file is
    > flanker.zip. Works (sort of) in FS9.
    >
    > Oscar
    >

    > "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > > > Pretty amazing video - what is the actual URL of this download?
    > >
    > > Oscar, I actually stumbled upon this on a game site this morning by
    > > accident, but decided to check out SimHQ shortly afterwards, one of the
    > > Russian guys that flew in this video announced it there yesterday or the
    > day
    > > before.
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/3m33u
    > >
    > > Tiny URL again, but if I were to post the full URL it would wrap and
    most
    > > likely not work for a lot of us, 2 original download links can be found
    > > there.
    > >
    > > I feel really sorry for the guys on dial up and this 82mb download, but
    if
    > > its any re-assurance, even on my old dial up times I managed larger
    files
    > > with the help of a download manager, this really is a must see.
    > >
    > > Cheers.

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi John,

    Yes, the detail in the Lomac cockpits are quite amazing. I bought the
    package for my son last year, but it is a bit too complex for a 10 year old,
    there are radar and missile combat systems built into each plane and I never
    worked out how it all hangs together.

    But to come back to your question, yes, the rear vision mirrors work and
    there are reflection and raindrops on the glass canopy, etc. All that in a
    pretty detailed VC and you can look around the cockpit using the hat-switch
    on the joystick, just like in a FS2004 VC. Only problem is the baddies are
    shooting at you and unless "immortality" is set a rookie like myself can
    survive only for a few minutes. One day I'll have a closer look at the
    package and try to work out the combat systems, at the moment if I use Lomac
    I just fly around and enjoy the views.

    Here is a screenshot at 1280*1024, but this sim will also work at 1600*1200
    for even greater detail (assuming the computer is powerful enough - CPU and
    GPU requirements are somewhat similar to what FS9 wants)

    http://image28.webshots.com/28/2/55/33/274525533XBjiKL_fs.jpg

    Oscar

    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Oscar,
    >
    > That's what I did, too.
    >
    > Are my eyes playing tricks, or are some of those rear-view mirrors
    > actually FUNCTIONING in LOMAC???
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    > "Oscar" <asta@la.vista.net> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Colin,
    > >
    > > Actually was able to capture and save to disk the video stream from your
    > > earlier link - saves me downloading the 82MB over and over again.
    > >
    > > Yes, graphics in LockOn are really outstanding, and the VC's in the
    LockOn
    > > planes are as good or better than the best available from FS2004
    payware.

    > > BTW there is a Su-27 Flanker (the plane used in this video) available
    for
    > > FS2002 as well, if anybody is interested. By Peter Davies and file is
    > > flanker.zip. Works (sort of) in FS9.
    > >
    > > Oscar
    > >

    > > "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Oscar, I actually stumbled upon this on a game site this morning by
    > > > accident, but decided to check out SimHQ shortly afterwards, one of
    the
    > > > Russian guys that flew in this video announced it there yesterday or
    the
    > > day
    > > > before.
    > > >
    > > > http://tinyurl.com/3m33u
    > > >
    > > > Tiny URL again, but if I were to post the full URL it would wrap and
    > most
    > > > likely not work for a lot of us, 2 original download links can be
    found
    > > > there.
    > > >
    > > > I feel really sorry for the guys on dial up and this 82mb download,
    but
    > if
    > > > its any re-assurance, even on my old dial up times I managed larger
    > files
    > > > with the help of a download manager, this really is a must see.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers.

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Colin,

    I wonder how they record some of those views??

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Thanks Colin. I'm a RL pilot (still in training....) and haven't seen
    anything like this before.

    Visit the site (http://www.lo-mac.com/) though and there is some very
    unfortunate news.

    Cheers,
    Dave (Sydney)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Great video, but what would happen in real life if a following jet plane
    flew in the jet exhaust of a leading plane, would have been nice to see them
    do a group landing, the formation with the 2 aircraft in the knife edge
    position and another inverted was a great shot
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Colin"
    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    I find the flight dynamics impressive... Did you see the SU-27 perform the
    "cobra"?

    The SU-27 has vectored thrust nozzles allowing it to "rear back"... moving
    its center of gravity behind the engines while still maintaining a forward
    direction, then recover to a normal attitude. Its a seemingly impossible
    maneuver.

    The impressive part is that this software could recreate the aerodynamics
    required to do this perfectly. That's what impressed me.

    Dallas
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > The SU-27 has vectored thrust nozzles allowing it to "rear back"... moving
    > its center of gravity behind the engines while still maintaining a forward
    > direction, then recover to a normal attitude. Its a seemingly impossible
    > maneuver.

    Actually, that was the Su-35 Flanker-F. I may be wrong but I think only one
    demonstration type was built and it's now been de-commissioned. I saw it
    perform at Farnborough in '96 and it was spectacular. It even hovered
    before looping in little more than it's own length!

    Si
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Fred" <not@nospamsure.com> wrote in message

    > http://www.lo-mac.com/

    Lock-On: Modern Air Combat (published as Lock On: Air Combat Simulator in
    the UK) is an incredible sim. The "feel" of flying is better than any other
    combat jet sim I've played, and the graphics and 3D sound are incredible if
    you've got the horse-power to run it. Unfortunately the environment just
    feels too stale for me. Scripted missions and largely empty skies lost
    their appeal pretty quickly. A much better option is Falcon 4.0, but it
    takes dedication to learn inside out. With the FreeFalcon3 upgrade it looks
    bang up to date and takes the simulation of the aircraft systems to levels I
    doubt will be equalled for a very long time.

    Si
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:

    > Colin,
    > Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    > have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow demonstrations
    > that I have seen too. Just incredible.....

    >> http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...

    and...

    http://www.virtualflight.ru/

    simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    find the video clip... ;(

    Bill
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:19:37 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

    > Amazing - fantastic, to quote Airbus F-WWOW!!!!!

    Speaking of Airbus...

    Did anyone else watch the "World's Largest Airliner" on TLC (The Learning
    Channel) night before last? It was a one hour documentary on the
    construction of the A380 demonstrator.

    I was simply blown away by the slow-motion video of Rolls-Royce
    deliberately destroying a $16 million engine! They were testing the
    ability of the safety cage to encapsulate a turbine blade failure by
    setting of a small explosive charge.

    The segment on the full-motion simulator was well done also... ;)

    Bill
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Well I'm gonna sue! Injured my jaw when my mouth fell open and struck the
    desktop. These things should have a health warning before being allowed to
    be distributed.
    Stunning!

    "Jittered" <CanSpam@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > Great video, but what would happen in real life if a following jet plane
    > flew in the jet exhaust of a leading plane, would have been nice to see
    > them
    > do a group landing, the formation with the 2 aircraft in the knife edge
    > position and another inverted was a great shot

  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    There a few different vids here

    http://gallery.virtualflight.ru/index_en.php

    Fred

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:
    >
    >> Colin,
    >> Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    >> have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow
    >> demonstrations
    >> that I have seen too. Just incredible.....
    >
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/523ns
    >
    > Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...
    >
    > and...
    >
    > http://www.virtualflight.ru/
    >
    > simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    > find the video clip... ;(
    >
    > Bill
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    There a few different vids here

    http://gallery.virtualflight.ru/index_en.php

    Fred

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:
    >
    >> Colin,
    >> Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    >> have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow
    >> demonstrations
    >> that I have seen too. Just incredible.....
    >
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/523ns
    >
    > Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...
    >
    > and...
    >
    > http://www.virtualflight.ru/
    >
    > simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    > find the video clip... ;(
    >
    > Bill
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    There a few different vids here

    http://gallery.virtualflight.ru/index_en.php

    Fred

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:
    >
    >> Colin,
    >> Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    >> have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow
    >> demonstrations
    >> that I have seen too. Just incredible.....
    >
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/523ns
    >
    > Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...
    >
    > and...
    >
    > http://www.virtualflight.ru/
    >
    > simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    > find the video clip... ;(
    >
    > Bill
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    After watching that, I'm taking up gardening, perhaps I will be able to
    master that instead!
    No-one has commented on the Mig29's knife-edging, I have tried this in MSFS
    but I don't believe it is possible in the sim as it stands today. Maybe this
    is down to individual modelling of a/c I don't know, my knowlege of sim a/c
    design is a black art as far as I can see. Tried & failed!

    On the subject of the Flanker, incredible manoeuvres and such, but have they
    actually ever been tested in anger? I know that historically Soviet a/c
    have not faired well when put up against Nato (and French :-)) a/c. But I am
    unaware of the Su27 (et all) being involved in combat.

    It may be apocryphal but were the USN at one stage evaluating or at least
    looking into the possibility of evaluating the Flanker? I seem to remember
    something along these lines some years ago. But then anything read on the
    internet should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

    Finally what a great video, I have watched it repeatedly and am in awe.
    There seems to be a problem that some folks cannot d/l it - probably
    bandwidth restrictions, they should post it on one or several of the major
    portals. Note, FSplanet has failed to steal this one so far!
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Bill... If you still haven't seen it, I'm trying to upload it on my SBC 760MB file sharing server. Although it isn't taking the file so I split it up into smaller chunks and that ain't uploading either (it claims no more than 15MB worth of files at a shot). Although it claims it is uploading, but only once did one of them show up. I'll keep working on this (a test BMP file upload just fine). But in the mean time, let me know if you got it yet. Thanks!

    Bill

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1hcap0b18csai.w3264szloxs7$.dlg@40tude.net...
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:

    > Colin,
    > Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    > have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow demonstrations
    > that I have seen too. Just incredible.....

    >> http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...

    and...

    http://www.virtualflight.ru/

    simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    find the video clip... ;(

    Bill
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:31:11 GMT, "Oscar" <asta@la.vista.net> wrote:

    >Actually was able to capture and save to disk the video stream from your
    >earlier link - saves me downloading the 82MB over and over again.

    Hi Oskar

    I'm receiving this no matter how I fiddle with my settings.

    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
    adjust your browser settings.

    Is there any chance of you mailing the video to me, assuming you have
    a suitable connection for such a large file, of course?

    Regards
    James
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    James Hodson <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Is there any chance of you mailing the video to me, assuming you have
    > a suitable connection for such a large file, of course?

    I cannot imagine an Internet-connected email system able to accommodate an
    80mb file. You would have better luck if someone posted the video to a
    binary group.

    --
    Peter

  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:22:25 -0500, pr <nope@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I cannot imagine an Internet-connected email system able to accommodate an
    >80mb file. You would have better luck if someone posted the video to a
    >binary group.

    My experience in trying to send even a 2MB attachment should have told
    me that before I posted!

    I'll try the link later and do some more fiddling if necessary.

    Thanks for correcting me, Peter. I deserved that reply :-/

    Ta
    James
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <1hcap0b18csai.w3264szloxs7$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    n4gix@comcast.net says...
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:
    >
    > > Colin,
    > > Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    > > have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow demonstrations
    > > that I have seen too. Just incredible.....
    >
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/523ns
    >
    > Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...
    >
    > and...
    >
    > http://www.virtualflight.ru/
    >
    > simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    > find the video clip... ;(

    Does anyone know where that video is currently located?

    John Black
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Does anyone know where that video is currently located?
    >
    > John Black

    Looks like the servers were getting hammered and they have pulled the link
    for now? but its so good its bound to turn up somewhere else sooner or
    later.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Hi John,
    >
    > Yes, the detail in the Lomac cockpits are quite amazing. I bought the
    > package for my son last year, but it is a bit too complex for a 10 year
    > old

    Sure Oscar - just like I bought my wife a fishing rod and a 10inch circular
    saw!
    Welcome to the Club :)

    Cheers,
    John
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Colin wrote:
    >>Does anyone know where that video is currently located?

    Try here:

    ftp://ftp.redrodgers.com/movie/vftc2004

    RD
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:30 -0700, Randy L. wrote:
    >
    >> Colin,
    >> Without a doubt the most impressive flight simulation demonstration I
    >> have EVER seen! As a matter of fact, it beats most RL airshow
    >> demonstrations
    >> that I have seen too. Just incredible.....
    >
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/523ns
    >
    > Gee, I'd like to see it, but the "tinyurl..." above is broken now...
    >
    > and...
    >
    > http://www.virtualflight.ru/
    >
    > simply takes me to the homepage (in Russian, of course!), with no way to
    > find the video clip... ;(
    >
    > Bill

    Bill - there is an icon to select English at the very top of the page

    Cheers,
    John
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:50:21 +1000, John Ewing wrote:
    > Bill - there is an icon to select English at the very top of the page

    Boy, they sure made it "tiny!" Thanks! ;)

    Bill
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Well it says G8+ on the box .... but yes I get to play with some of his
    reject toys ... :-))

    "John Ewing" <none@needed> wrote in message

    > "Oscar" <asta@la.vista.net> wrote in message
    > > Hi John,
    > >
    > > Yes, the detail in the Lomac cockpits are quite amazing. I bought the
    > > package for my son last year, but it is a bit too complex for a 10 year
    > > old
    >
    > Sure Oscar - just like I bought my wife a fishing rod and a 10inch
    circular
    > saw!
    > Welcome to the Club :)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > John

  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    That was simply put, AWSOME.

    I thought that was FS.

    Lock on is nice but it takes time to master. I allways fall back to
    FS.

    But after seeing this I need to play with lockon.

    Thanks fellas
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Colin" <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not Flight Simulator, so a little off topic, but after watching this I
    > cant
    > imagine anyone being unhappy after watching this. Russian sim pilots using
    > Lock-on v1.1 Flaming Cliffs beta and flying Mig29's and SU27's, 82mb, but
    > guarantee nobody will be disappointed with this download.
    >
    > Hope Dudley at least sees this and comments, I know he has done real life
    > aerobatics. I guess there were a lot of mishaps in the making of this
    > video,
    > but you cant deny these guys are dedicated and extremely skilled in
    > simulation flying, I wouldn't dare go head to head with any of them in an
    > online scrap..
    >
    > But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    > Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    > witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    > perfect.
    >
    > This is a must download despite the large file size.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/523ns

    Definately a keeper. Extremely entertaining and very, very well produced.
    Never knew that LOMAC could record .avi files. That alone would have been
    worth the price in order to create top quality flight sim videos.

    Love the opposing Cobras.

    I really like the "Farvel/Knife Edge" maneuver but, IMO, it's pure fantasy.
    I don't think a tactical jet can maintain knife-edge flight without an
    extreme nose up attitude but the two wingmen in the video seemed to be
    flying pretty neutral in terms of their alpha. Even the F-16 has to pitch
    up before doing a four-point hesitation roll.

    Ok, so now someone needs to set up a Falcon 4 LAN session and respond in
    kind with six T-Bird painted F16s!!!

    Thanks for the link.

    Jay Beckman
    PP-ASEL / Sim Pilot Too
    Chandler, AZ
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:50:13 -0000, "Colin"
    <Colin@NOMAPSkatana1000.plus.com> wrote:

    >But OMG, this is the most incredible video of sim flying I've ever seen.
    >Much better than any of the real life aerobatic formation teams I've
    >witnessed, just incredible flying here and the choice of music is just
    >perfect.

    Hi all

    Thanks to RD and his link to ftp://ftp.redrodgers.com/movie/vftc2004 I
    do believe I have just viewed the most incredible flight simulation
    video I have ever seen.

    I have but one regret: I didn't watch it on the same day I downloaded
    the clip.

    Thanks to whomever first recommended this clip - that's you, Colin -
    and moreso to those who produced it.

    expletive^infinity amazing

    James
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Despite reports of a broken link, I tried it and WOW!! What a video.
    Absolutely amazing. That really must be "As real as it gets". Well done to
    all the Vpilots involved and to the makers of the video for such a
    professional job.

    Dave

Video Video Games