Epson 820, H/P 3420, Epson 800

Call me stupid, I bought an Epson 820 photo printer over the net that
was used very little.I think it sat long enuf for the print heads to
dry out. Bought a couple of carts from a reman outfit. I have owned
Epsons before and have used the syringe and tubing thing to force
cleaner through the nozzles. I did the routine with this one as I get
nothing to print not one speck. Finally did the windex version; even
soaked the park pad with windex-nothing. Now I am wondering since
these are reman cartridges does anyone think the chip may not have
been reset? I am running this machine off LPT1 rather than USB; could
this be the problem? Got so mad yesterday I went and bought a 3420 H/P
from Target. Got this one for $26.00 as the box was damaged. It works
great but the inks are expensive. Anyone running reman cartridges on
this one with success?
I have an old Epson 800 workhorse that has been running fine for
years I have refilled it many times and it works ok. Now the black
head seems to have a small clog, I get some fuzzy lines at the top of
all letters can't seem to clear it. Has the print head finally worn
out? It's good enuf for draft work but it would be nice to get it
running again. I use solvent from ink savers.com and windex to clean.
Any suggests on any of these issues will be appreciated.

Cidecar

Hi Tom,

Forcing fluids through Epson ink heads, especially on the newer
machines, and especially if there is a major clog, can be a recipe for
disaster and permanently damage the heads. If, when you do a head
cleaning cycle with the software utility, you see ink in the cleaning
station, but none prints, it is likely the heads have been damaged.

For information on how to unclog Epson heads, usually without damaging
them, email me and I will send you a copy of my copyrighted Epson
Cleaning Manual. It explains how to clean the heads and it warns
against forcing liquid through them, as well.

There is no charge for the manual.

Art

Tom Kauffman wrote:

> Call me stupid, I bought an Epson 820 photo printer over the net that
> was used very little.I think it sat long enuf for the print heads to
> dry out. Bought a couple of carts from a reman outfit. I have owned
> Epsons before and have used the syringe and tubing thing to force
> cleaner through the nozzles. I did the routine with this one as I get
> nothing to print not one speck. Finally did the windex version; even
> soaked the park pad with windex-nothing. Now I am wondering since
> these are reman cartridges does anyone think the chip may not have
> been reset? I am running this machine off LPT1 rather than USB; could
> this be the problem? Got so mad yesterday I went and bought a 3420 H/P
> from Target. Got this one for $26.00 as the box was damaged. It works
> great but the inks are expensive. Anyone running reman cartridges on
> this one with success?
> I have an old Epson 800 workhorse that has been running fine for
> years I have refilled it many times and it works ok. Now the black
> head seems to have a small clog, I get some fuzzy lines at the top of
> all letters can't seem to clear it. Has the print head finally worn
> out? It's good enuf for draft work but it would be nice to get it
> running again. I use solvent from ink savers.com and windex to clean.
> Any suggests on any of these issues will be appreciated.
>
> Cidecar

TRENDING THREADS