Adaware 1.06

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
May 28, 2005 1:47:10 AM

There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in
with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
Joan

More about : adaware

May 28, 2005 1:47:11 AM

Gee......maybe I can move up then.....still at 1.03 due to freezing, as is
Silj.

Cheers.....Heather

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in
> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
> Joan

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 1:47:11 AM

"Joan Archer" wrote:
> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in with
> what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>

Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan issues.
Highlights of the new release; http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855
*Ensure you have a back-up copy of your older - running build *prior*
to installing the new build.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
May 28, 2005 3:23:43 AM

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
all in
> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
> Joan

1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
computer.
Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
Regards Mike.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:23:44 AM

Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
interface causes your crash?
Heirloom, old and curious

"Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
> all in
>> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
>> Joan
>>

> 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
> computer.
> Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
> Regards Mike.

May 28, 2005 6:05:53 AM

My box also crashes with V1.06.

If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs. Not
even the 3 fingered salute helps.

After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.

I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups. But
I suppose no more definitions will be available.

Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?

Delboy

"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
> interface causes your crash?
> Heirloom, old and curious
>
> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
> > all in
> >> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
> >> Joan
> >>

> > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
> > computer.
> > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
> > Regards Mike.

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:05:54 AM

Maybe the difference is that I am not using any of the 'skins.'
Heirloom, old and like he skin I got

"Delboy" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> My box also crashes with V1.06.
>
> If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs.
> Not
> even the 3 fingered salute helps.
>
> After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
> Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.
>
> I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups.
> But
> I suppose no more definitions will be available.
>
> Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?
>
> Delboy
>
> "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
>> Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
>> interface causes your crash?
>> Heirloom, old and curious
>>
>> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> > all in
>> >>

>> > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
>> > computer.
>> > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
>> > Regards Mike.

May 28, 2005 6:05:54 AM

Delboy......I am still running 1.03 and I get the same definitions as you
do. 1.05 had freezing problems and it looks like 1.06 does too......I will
stick with my older *working* version......besides, I never get spyware
anymore since I stopped using IE and only use Firefox.

Cheers....Heather

"Delboy" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> My box also crashes with V1.06.
>
> If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs.
Not
> even the 3 fingered salute helps.
>
> After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
> Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.
>
> I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups.
But
> I suppose no more definitions will be available.
>
> Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?
>
> Delboy
>
> "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> > Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
> > interface causes your crash?
> > Heirloom, old and curious
> >
> > "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > all in
> > >>

> > > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
> > > computer.
> > > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
> > > Regards Mike.

May 28, 2005 12:55:21 PM

I haven't loaded or activated any skins either; it's just a message that
comes up on the loading pane. When it works I don't see that message (or it
comes & goes too quickly)

news:o HE8A9yYFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Maybe the difference is that I am not using any of the 'skins.'
> Heirloom, old and like he skin I got
>
> "Delboy" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > My box also crashes with V1.06.
> >
> > If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs.
> > Not
> > even the 3 fingered salute helps.
> >
> > After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
> > Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.
> >
> > I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups.
> > But
> > I suppose no more definitions will be available.
> >
> > Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?
> >
> > Delboy
> >
> > "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> >> Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
> >> interface causes your crash?
> >> Heirloom, old and curious
> >>
> >> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 2:42:15 PM

I've got versions going back to last May <g> in my program backups.
Joan

siljaline wrote:

> Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan
> issues. Highlights of the new release;
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855 *Ensure you have a back-up
> copy of your older - running build *prior* to installing the new
> build.
> Silj
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:01:42 PM

Thank you for the update, Joan.
Glad to report there were no problems with the installation. Sorry to hear
about the problems with other Systems.
Isn't this new version supposed to take care of it?

Harry

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in
> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
> Joan

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:14:22 PM

"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
> interface causes your crash?
> Heirloom, old and curious
>
> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
> > all in
> >> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
> >> Joan
> >>

> > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
> > computer.
> > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
> > Regards Mike.

I won't be using 1.06 on my machine again, I shall wait for a debugged
version.
Regards Mike.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 4:05:35 PM

I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems at
all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I had before
to see how this new version pans out <g>
Joan
PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>

siljaline wrote:

> Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan
> issues. Highlights of the new release;
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855 *Ensure you have a back-up
> copy of your older - running build *prior* to installing the new
> build.
> Silj
May 28, 2005 5:09:12 PM

What OS are you running?

Alias

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote

> I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems at
> all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I had before
> to see how this new version pans out <g>
> Joan
> PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>
>

> siljaline wrote:
>>
>> Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan
>> issues. Highlights of the new release;
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855 *Ensure you have a back-up
>> copy of your older - running build *prior* to installing the new
>> build.
>> Silj

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 5:09:13 PM

I said in my post XP <g>
Joan

Alias wrote:
> What OS are you running?
>
> Alias
>
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote
>
>> I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems
>> at all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I
>> had before to see how this new version pans out <g>
>> Joan
>> PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>
May 28, 2005 5:19:23 PM

Just woke up, sorry.

Alias

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote

>I said in my post XP <g>
> Joan
>

> Alias wrote:
>> What OS are you running?
>>
>> Alias
>>
>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote
>>
>>> I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems
>>> at all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I
>>> had before to see how this new version pans out <g>
>>> Joan
>>> PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>

May 28, 2005 5:19:24 PM

No probs here on ME (so far). Uninstalled the previous one on the
installer's advice, though it's not something I usually do. Opted to keep
the plugins but wonder what the point was as they're no longer registered.

Shane

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> Just woke up, sorry.
>
> Alias
>
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote
>
> >I said in my post XP <g>
> > Joan
> >

> > Alias wrote:
> >> What OS are you running?
> >>
> >> Alias
> >>
> >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote

May 28, 2005 5:25:03 PM

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> No probs here on ME (so far). Uninstalled the previous one on the
> installer's advice, though it's not something I usually do. Opted to keep
> the plugins but wonder what the point was as they're no longer registered.

Just checked, and that would be because they're no longer there. Still, a
minor detail.

As I type, I'm lavasoftusa.com, where I just hit the plugins
button. AVG Free just alerted on various aawtmp Java byte verify and
insecure.loader type files. But not when I empty the TIF and go back.

Shane
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 9:24:36 PM

Silj:

The only problem I encounter with the new version is,
that the downloaded skins don't install, leaving me with the default.ask and
nothing else to choose from.
What am I doing wrong?

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Joan Archer" wrote:
> > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all
in with
> > what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
>
> Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan issues.
> Highlights of the new release; http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855
> *Ensure you have a back-up copy of your older - running build *prior*
> to installing the new build.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:20:49 PM

"webster72n" wrote:

> Silj:
>
> The only problem I encounter with the new version is,
> that the downloaded skins don't install, leaving me with the default.ask and
> nothing else to choose from.
> What am I doing wrong?

Are you installing the skins to the skins sub-folder, Harry?
Something like this;
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins
Skins FAQ:
http://www.adawareskins.com/installskin.php

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:40:24 AM

"Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
> all in
> > with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
> > Joan
> >

> 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
> computer.
> Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
> Regards Mike.

Well, I've had another go, completely removed 1.05, restarted, installed
1.06, restarted and it seems to be ok now with 1.06 installed.
Regards Mike.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:40:25 AM

Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the XP
box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
happens..........more later.
Heirloom, old and benchmarked

> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
>> all in
>> > with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
>> > Joan
>> >

>> 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
>> computer.
>> Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
>> Regards Mike.
>>
> Well, I've had another go, completely removed 1.05, restarted, installed
> 1.06, restarted and it seems to be ok now with 1.06 installed.
> Regards Mike.

May 29, 2005 12:40:26 AM

Hi, Heirloom,

Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.

Tom

Heirloom wrote:
> Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
> installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
> works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the XP
> box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
> happens..........more later.
> Heirloom, old and benchmarked
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:36:14 AM

Got it now, Silj.
Thank you

> "webster72n" wrote:
> >
> > Silj:
> >
> > The only problem I encounter with the new version is,
> > that the downloaded skins don't install, leaving me with the default.ask
and
> > nothing else to choose from.
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Are you installing the skins to the skins sub-folder, Harry?
> Something like this;
> C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins
> Skins FAQ:
> http://www.adawareskins.com/installskin.php
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

May 29, 2005 8:29:54 AM

Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you uninstall
it manually?

Alias

"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote

> Hi, Heirloom,
>
> Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
> appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.
>
> Tom
>
> Heirloom wrote:
>> Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
>> installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
>> works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the
>> XP box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
>> happens..........more later.
>> Heirloom, old and benchmarked
May 29, 2005 8:29:55 AM

Alias,

I uninstalled 1.05 manually including plugins before installing 1.06.

Tom

Alias wrote:
> Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you uninstall
> it manually?
>
> Alias

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 3:54:26 PM

Once Ad-aware 1.05 was uninstalled manually, the Bld 1.06r1 installation
would not detect the previous installation and would not offer to uninstall
it, as is the usual case.
The new bld is running fine here under two WinME boxes and one XP SP2 Home,
so far.
No problems with System Restore have been noticed yet.

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:o MbdVPAZFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Alias,
>
> I uninstalled 1.05 manually including plugins before installing 1.06.
>
> Tom
>
> Alias wrote:
> > Did you let Ad-aware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
uninstall
> > it manually?
> >
> > Alias

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:40:54 PM

"webster72n" wrote:

> Got it now, Silj.
> Thank you

Good to hear, your welcome.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
May 29, 2005 10:57:55 PM

Jack E Martinelli wrote:
> Once Ad-aware 1.05 was uninstalled manually, the Bld 1.06r1 installation
> would not detect the previous installation and would not offer to uninstall
> it, as is the usual case.
> The new bld is running fine here under two WinME boxes and one XP SP2 Home,
> so far.
> No problems with System Restore have been noticed yet.

Good to hear.

Alias
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 11:21:22 PM

Manual uninstall here.........
Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow boot
problem

> Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
> uninstall it manually?
>
> Alias
>
> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote
>
>> Hi, Heirloom,
>>
>> Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
>> appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> Heirloom wrote:
>>> Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
>>> installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
>>> works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the
>>> XP box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
>>> happens..........more later.
>>> Heirloom, old and
>>> benchmarked

May 30, 2005 7:27:27 AM

Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?

Alias

Heirloom wrote:

> Manual uninstall here.........
> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow boot
> problem
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>
>>Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
>>uninstall it manually?
>>
>>Alias
>>
>>"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote
>>

>>>Hi, Heirloom,
>>>
>>>Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
>>>appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.
>>>
>>>Tom

May 30, 2005 7:27:28 AM

Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs. Had
it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))

Heather

> Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
>
> Alias
>
> Heirloom wrote:
>
> > Manual uninstall here.........
> > Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
boot
> > problem
> >
> > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> >
> >>Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
> >>uninstall it manually?
> >>
> >>Alias
> >>
> >>"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote

It

May 30, 2005 7:50:38 AM

Heather wrote:
> Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs. Had
> it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))
>
> Heather

If I go to Start/All Programs/Lavasoft there is an option to uninstall.
If I download the new one and install it, it will offer to uninstall the
old one as a part of the install. That's the difference I was talking
about. It would seem to me that the former would be an "manual uninstall".

Alias

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>
>>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
>>
>>Alias
>>
>>Heirloom wrote:
>>

>>>Manual uninstall here.........
>>> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
>
> boot
>
>>>problem
>>>
>>>"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> It

> the

May 30, 2005 7:50:39 AM

> Heather wrote:
> > Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs.
Had
> > it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))
> >
> > Heather
>
> If I go to Start/All Programs/Lavasoft there is an option to uninstall.
> If I download the new one and install it, it will offer to uninstall the
> old one as a part of the install. That's the difference I was talking
> about. It would seem to me that the former would be an "manual uninstall".

OK.....I never use the Start/Uninstall method. I usually use the Add/Remove
because it is more complete. To my way of thinking, anyway.....but I am
sure that Heirloom meant the Add/Remove method.

HF
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:43:07 PM

Add/Remove.........
Heirloom, old and worked for me

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
>
> Alias
>
> Heirloom wrote:
>
>> Manual uninstall here.........
>> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
>> boot problem
>>
>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>
>>>Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
>>>uninstall it manually?
>>>
>>>Alias
>>>
>>>"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 5:47:39 PM

I agree, Alias. Had I used the Adaware uninstall, offered during the
install of the new app, I would have considered that as 'auto.' In any
case, 'twas the Add/Remove from Control Panel that I used.......I just
figure Windows would be the more compatible method.
Heirloom, old and still tired
from the weekend

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> Heather wrote:
>> Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs.
>> Had
>> it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))
>>
>> Heather
>
> If I go to Start/All Programs/Lavasoft there is an option to uninstall. If
> I download the new one and install it, it will offer to uninstall the old
> one as a part of the install. That's the difference I was talking about.
> It would seem to me that the former would be an "manual uninstall".
>
> Alias
>>
>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>
>>>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
>>>
>>>Alias

>> boot

>> It

>> the

May 31, 2005 1:53:34 AM

Seems all three methods work ...

Alias
Heirloom wrote:
> Add/Remove.........
> Heirloom, old and worked for me
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>
>>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
>>
>>Alias
>>
>>Heirloom wrote:
>>

>>>Manual uninstall here.........
>>> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
>>>boot problem
>>>
>>>"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

May 31, 2005 3:15:04 AM

I used the installer's uninstall routine.

1.06se Personal installed on two systems, no problem (98se and ME).

1.06se Plus failed to install first time, on two systems (ME and XP). After
reboot setup was run a second time and this time it worked, on both systems.

!