Adaware 1.06

There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in
with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
Joan
37 answers Last reply
More about adaware

    Gee......maybe I can move up then.....still at 1.03 due to freezing, as is
    Silj.

    Cheers.....Heather

    "Joan Archer" wrote:
    > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in with
    > what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>

    Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan issues.
    Highlights of the new release; http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855
    *Ensure you have a back-up copy of your older - running build *prior*
    to installing the new build.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
    all in
    > with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    > Joan

    1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    computer.
    Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    Regards Mike.

    Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
    interface causes your crash?
    Heirloom, old and curious

    "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
    > all in
    >> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    >> Joan
    >>

    > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    > computer.
    > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    > Regards Mike.

    My box also crashes with V1.06.

    If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs. Not
    even the 3 fingered salute helps.

    After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
    Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.

    I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups. But
    I suppose no more definitions will be available.

    Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?

    Delboy

    "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    > Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
    > interface causes your crash?
    > Heirloom, old and curious
    >
    > "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > >> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
    > > all in
    > >> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    > >> Joan
    > >>

    > > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    > > computer.
    > > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    > > Regards Mike.

    Maybe the difference is that I am not using any of the 'skins.'
    Heirloom, old and like he skin I got

    "Delboy" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > My box also crashes with V1.06.
    >
    > If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs.
    > Not
    > even the 3 fingered salute helps.
    >
    > After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
    > Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.
    >
    > I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups.
    > But
    > I suppose no more definitions will be available.
    >
    > Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?
    >
    > Delboy
    >
    > "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    >> Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
    >> interface causes your crash?
    >> Heirloom, old and curious
    >>
    >> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> > all in
    >> >>

    >> > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    >> > computer.
    >> > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    >> > Regards Mike.

    Delboy......I am still running 1.03 and I get the same definitions as you
    do. 1.05 had freezing problems and it looks like 1.06 does too......I will
    stick with my older *working* version......besides, I never get spyware
    anymore since I stopped using IE and only use Firefox.

    Cheers....Heather

    "Delboy" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > My box also crashes with V1.06.
    >
    > If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs.
    Not
    > even the 3 fingered salute helps.
    >
    > After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
    > Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.
    >
    > I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups.
    But
    > I suppose no more definitions will be available.
    >
    > Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?
    >
    > Delboy
    >
    > "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    > > Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
    > > interface causes your crash?
    > > Heirloom, old and curious
    > >
    > > "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > > all in
    > > >>

    > > > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    > > > computer.
    > > > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    > > > Regards Mike.

    I haven't loaded or activated any skins either; it's just a message that
    comes up on the loading pane. When it works I don't see that message (or it
    comes & goes too quickly)

    > Maybe the difference is that I am not using any of the 'skins.'
    > Heirloom, old and like he skin I got
    >
    > "Delboy" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > My box also crashes with V1.06.
    > >
    > > If I "Restore Defaults" in the configuration window; whole system hangs.
    > > Not
    > > even the 3 fingered salute helps.
    > >
    > > After rebooting and trying to re run AdAware, system hangs at "Loading
    > > Skins" message. Only cure appears to be to uninstall and reinstall.
    > >
    > > I also will be keeping V1.05 and reinstalling that if any more hang-ups.
    > > But
    > > I suppose no more definitions will be available.
    > >
    > > Also, where is the forum mentioned in the help file?
    > >
    > > Delboy
    > >
    > > "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    > >> Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
    > >> interface causes your crash?
    > >> Heirloom, old and curious
    > >>
    > >> "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    I've got versions going back to last May <g> in my program backups.
    Joan

    siljaline wrote:

    > Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan
    > issues. Highlights of the new release;
    > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855 *Ensure you have a back-up
    > copy of your older - running build *prior* to installing the new
    > build.
    > Silj

    Thank you for the update, Joan.
    Glad to report there were no problems with the installation. Sorry to hear
    about the problems with other Systems.
    Isn't this new version supposed to take care of it?

    Harry

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all in
    > with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    > Joan

    "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    > Seems to be working fine on my machine...........what changes to the
    > interface causes your crash?
    > Heirloom, old and curious
    >
    > "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > >> There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
    > > all in
    > >> with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    > >> Joan
    > >>

    > > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    > > computer.
    > > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    > > Regards Mike.

    I won't be using 1.06 on my machine again, I shall wait for a debugged
    version.
    Regards Mike.

    I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems at
    all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I had before
    to see how this new version pans out <g>
    Joan
    PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>

    siljaline wrote:

    > Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan
    > issues. Highlights of the new release;
    > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855 *Ensure you have a back-up
    > copy of your older - running build *prior* to installing the new
    > build.
    > Silj

    What OS are you running?

    Alias

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote

    > I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems at
    > all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I had before
    > to see how this new version pans out <g>
    > Joan
    > PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>
    >

    > siljaline wrote:
    >>
    >> Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan
    >> issues. Highlights of the new release;
    >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855 *Ensure you have a back-up
    >> copy of your older - running build *prior* to installing the new
    >> build.
    >> Silj

    I said in my post XP <g>
    Joan

    Alias wrote:
    > What OS are you running?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote
    >
    >> I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems
    >> at all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I
    >> had before to see how this new version pans out <g>
    >> Joan
    >> PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>

    Just woke up, sorry.

    Alias

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote

    >I said in my post XP <g>
    > Joan
    >

    > Alias wrote:
    >> What OS are you running?
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote
    >>
    >>> I've just done a complete system scan on my XP box with no problems
    >>> at all, will probably wait a while before bringing in the skins I
    >>> had before to see how this new version pans out <g>
    >>> Joan
    >>> PS: As usual it didn't find anything <g>

    No probs here on ME (so far). Uninstalled the previous one on the
    installer's advice, though it's not something I usually do. Opted to keep
    the plugins but wonder what the point was as they're no longer registered.

    Shane

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > Just woke up, sorry.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote
    >
    > >I said in my post XP <g>
    > > Joan
    > >

    > > Alias wrote:
    > >> What OS are you running?
    > >>
    > >> Alias
    > >>
    > >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > No probs here on ME (so far). Uninstalled the previous one on the
    > installer's advice, though it's not something I usually do. Opted to keep
    > the plugins but wonder what the point was as they're no longer registered.

    Just checked, and that would be because they're no longer there. Still, a
    minor detail.

    As I type, I'm lavasoftusa.com, where I just hit the plugins
    button. AVG Free just alerted on various aawtmp Java byte verify and
    insecure.loader type files. But not when I empty the TIF and go back.

    Shane
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Silj:

    The only problem I encounter with the new version is,
    that the downloaded skins don't install, leaving me with the default.ask and
    nothing else to choose from.
    What am I doing wrong?

    Harry.

    "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > "Joan Archer" wrote:
    > > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you all
    in with
    > > what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    >
    > Still running v1.03 on my XP boxes, Joan - due to freeze on scan issues.
    > Highlights of the new release; http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13855
    > *Ensure you have a back-up copy of your older - running build *prior*
    > to installing the new build.
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "webster72n" wrote:

    > Silj:
    >
    > The only problem I encounter with the new version is,
    > that the downloaded skins don't install, leaving me with the default.ask and
    > nothing else to choose from.
    > What am I doing wrong?

    Are you installing the skins to the skins sub-folder, Harry?
    Something like this;
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins
    Skins FAQ:
    http://www.adawareskins.com/installskin.php

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
    > all in
    > > with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    > > Joan
    > >

    > 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    > computer.
    > Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    > Regards Mike.

    Well, I've had another go, completely removed 1.05, restarted, installed
    1.06, restarted and it seems to be ok now with 1.06 installed.
    Regards Mike.
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
    installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
    works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the XP
    box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
    happens..........more later.
    Heirloom, old and benchmarked

    > "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> > There's a new version out, I expect Silj will be along and fill you
    >> all in
    >> > with what is new I forgot to copy the relevant info. <g>
    >> > Joan
    >> >

    >> 1.06, when I change the interface settings it completely crashes the
    >> computer.
    >> Fed up & gone back to 1.05, at least that's stable.
    >> Regards Mike.
    >>
    > Well, I've had another go, completely removed 1.05, restarted, installed
    > 1.06, restarted and it seems to be ok now with 1.06 installed.
    > Regards Mike.

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Hi, Heirloom,

    Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
    appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.

    Tom

    Heirloom wrote:
    > Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
    > installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
    > works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the XP
    > box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
    > happens..........more later.
    > Heirloom, old and benchmarked
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Got it now, Silj.
    Thank you

    > "webster72n" wrote:
    > >
    > > Silj:
    > >
    > > The only problem I encounter with the new version is,
    > > that the downloaded skins don't install, leaving me with the default.ask
    and
    > > nothing else to choose from.
    > > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Are you installing the skins to the skins sub-folder, Harry?
    > Something like this;
    > C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins
    > Skins FAQ:
    > http://www.adawareskins.com/installskin.php
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you uninstall
    it manually?

    Alias

    "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote

    > Hi, Heirloom,
    >
    > Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
    > appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > Heirloom wrote:
    >> Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
    >> installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
    >> works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the
    >> XP box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
    >> happens..........more later.
    >> Heirloom, old and benchmarked
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alias,

    I uninstalled 1.05 manually including plugins before installing 1.06.

    Tom

    Alias wrote:
    > Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you uninstall
    > it manually?
    >
    > Alias

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Once Ad-aware 1.05 was uninstalled manually, the Bld 1.06r1 installation
    would not detect the previous installation and would not offer to uninstall
    it, as is the usual case.
    The new bld is running fine here under two WinME boxes and one XP SP2 Home,
    so far.
    No problems with System Restore have been noticed yet.

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Alias,
    >
    > I uninstalled 1.05 manually including plugins before installing 1.06.
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > Alias wrote:
    > > Did you let Ad-aware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
    uninstall
    > > it manually?
    > >
    > > Alias

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "webster72n" wrote:

    > Got it now, Silj.
    > Thank you

    Good to hear, your welcome.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)
  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Jack E Martinelli wrote:
    > Once Ad-aware 1.05 was uninstalled manually, the Bld 1.06r1 installation
    > would not detect the previous installation and would not offer to uninstall
    > it, as is the usual case.
    > The new bld is running fine here under two WinME boxes and one XP SP2 Home,
    > so far.
    > No problems with System Restore have been noticed yet.

    Good to hear.

    Alias
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Manual uninstall here.........
    Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow boot
    problem

    > Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
    > uninstall it manually?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote
    >
    >> Hi, Heirloom,
    >>
    >> Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
    >> appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> Heirloom wrote:
    >>> Maybe that is the difference...........I did uninstall the old before
    >>> installing the new, instead of using the new app to do so. Whatever
    >>> works, mine is running just fine.....er, almost forgot......this is the
    >>> XP box. I'll have to put it on the ol' Me machine and see what
    >>> happens..........more later.
    >>> Heirloom, old and
    >>> benchmarked

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?

    Alias

    Heirloom wrote:

    > Manual uninstall here.........
    > Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow boot
    > problem
    >
    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
    >>uninstall it manually?
    >>
    >>Alias
    >>
    >>"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote
    >>

    >>>Hi, Heirloom,
    >>>
    >>>Same here. I uninstalled first, and then installed the new version. It
    >>>appears to be okay on both WinME and XP Pro.
    >>>
    >>>Tom

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs. Had
    it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))

    Heather

    > Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > Heirloom wrote:
    >
    > > Manual uninstall here.........
    > > Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
    boot
    > > problem
    > >
    > > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
    > >>uninstall it manually?
    > >>
    > >>Alias
    > >>
    > >>"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote

    It

  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Heather wrote:
    > Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs. Had
    > it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))
    >
    > Heather

    If I go to Start/All Programs/Lavasoft there is an option to uninstall.
    If I download the new one and install it, it will offer to uninstall the
    old one as a part of the install. That's the difference I was talking
    about. It would seem to me that the former would be an "manual uninstall".

    Alias

    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
    >>
    >>Alias
    >>
    >>Heirloom wrote:
    >>

    >>>Manual uninstall here.........
    >>> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
    >
    > boot
    >
    >>>problem
    >>>
    >>>"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    > It

    > the

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > Heather wrote:
    > > Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs.
    Had
    > > it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))
    > >
    > > Heather
    >
    > If I go to Start/All Programs/Lavasoft there is an option to uninstall.
    > If I download the new one and install it, it will offer to uninstall the
    > old one as a part of the install. That's the difference I was talking
    > about. It would seem to me that the former would be an "manual uninstall".

    OK.....I never use the Start/Uninstall method. I usually use the Add/Remove
    because it is more complete. To my way of thinking, anyway.....but I am
    sure that Heirloom meant the Add/Remove method.

    HF
  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Add/Remove.........
    Heirloom, old and worked for me

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    > Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > Heirloom wrote:
    >
    >> Manual uninstall here.........
    >> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
    >> boot problem
    >>
    >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Did you let AdAware's 1.06 install program uninstall it or did you
    >>>uninstall it manually?
    >>>
    >>>Alias
    >>>
    >>>"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote

  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I agree, Alias. Had I used the Adaware uninstall, offered during the
    install of the new app, I would have considered that as 'auto.' In any
    case, 'twas the Add/Remove from Control Panel that I used.......I just
    figure Windows would be the more compatible method.
    Heirloom, old and still tired
    from the weekend

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > Heather wrote:
    >> Alias.....a *manual uninstall* is just that. From Add/Remove programs.
    >> Had
    >> it been via AdAware, he would have said so. 8-))
    >>
    >> Heather
    >
    > If I go to Start/All Programs/Lavasoft there is an option to uninstall. If
    > I download the new one and install it, it will offer to uninstall the old
    > one as a part of the install. That's the difference I was talking about.
    > It would seem to me that the former would be an "manual uninstall".
    >
    > Alias
    >>
    >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
    >>>
    >>>Alias

    >> boot

    >> It

    >> the

  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Seems all three methods work ...

    Alias
    Heirloom wrote:
    > Add/Remove.........
    > Heirloom, old and worked for me
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
    >>
    >>Alias
    >>
    >>Heirloom wrote:
    >>

    >>>Manual uninstall here.........
    >>> Heirloom, old and had to figure out a slow
    >>>boot problem
    >>>
    >>>"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I used the installer's uninstall routine.

    1.06se Personal installed on two systems, no problem (98se and ME).

    1.06se Plus failed to install first time, on two systems (ME and XP). After
    reboot setup was run a second time and this time it worked, on both systems.

    > Seems all three methods work ...
    >
    > Alias
    > Heirloom wrote:
    > > Add/Remove.........
    > > Heirloom, old and worked for me
    > >

    > > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Did you use AdAware's uninstall or Add/Remove Programs?
    > >>
    > >>Alias

    It

    Whatever

Microsoft Windows