Correcting OE Extraction Error II

Hope I didn't get you guys on your time off.

Wondering where I can get the download of IE6? Can I get it from an AOL CD?
Having problems with the one I did download. Error says "there are files
missing from the installation directory."

This is actually a continuation of a thread with a similar title. Thought
you might have missed my additional post to that one.

Thanks,
Kevin

> Wondering where I can get the download of IE6?

The Windows Update site ((http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com) is always
a good place to start when looking for downloads for Win Me with the
Windows Update Catalogue
(http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp) being a
good fallback.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Kevin22 <Kevin22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hope I didn't get you guys on your time off.
>
> Wondering where I can get the download of IE6? Can I get it from an
> AOL CD? Having problems with the one I did download. Error says
> "there are files missing from the installation directory."
>
> This is actually a continuation of a thread with a similar title.
> Thought you might have missed my additional post to that one.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Did the download from that web page to a thumb drive then tried to install
from that on to the computer with the setup problem.

Having the same problem. Still says there are files missing from the
installation directory.

Could there be a problem in the steps I'm taking?

Thanks,
Kevin

"Mike M" wrote:

> > Wondering where I can get the download of IE6?
>
> The Windows Update site ((http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com) is always
> a good place to start when looking for downloads for Win Me with the
> Windows Update Catalogue
> (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp) being a
> good fallback.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Kevin22 <Kevin22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hope I didn't get you guys on your time off.
> >
> > Wondering where I can get the download of IE6? Can I get it from an
> > AOL CD? Having problems with the one I did download. Error says
> > "there are files missing from the installation directory."
> >
> > This is actually a continuation of a thread with a similar title.
> > Thought you might have missed my additional post to that one.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin

Kevin,

Not having read your previous posts I haven't a clue. Note though that
the IE6 file from Windows Update is only a stub file and to complete the
update the target system has to be connected to the internet.

You could perhaps help yourself and those who might try and help by giving
the full error message (perhaps you have in which case my apologies) such
as details of the missing files if known.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Kevin22 <Kevin22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Did the download from that web page to a thumb drive then tried to
> install from that on to the computer with the setup problem.
>
> Having the same problem. Still says there are files missing from the
> installation directory.
>
> Could there be a problem in the steps I'm taking?

Steps are at http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/ReInIE.htm

Was finally able to do the installation of IE6 from an AOL CD.

Next step was to go to 'Windows Update' to get all critical updates. In
trying to install SP1 I chose a Custom installation and I am back at the
error message "Setup cannot continue because files are missing from the
installation directory. Please run Setup again and choose Resume Setup. This
will download the missing files and continue." I do that and it puts me in a
loop. Not sure how to find the files it is looking for.

I know I am getting to Windows Update through the Internet. Is there a
problem with this directory at Microsoft?

Thanks again,
Kevin

"Mike M" wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Not having read your previous posts I haven't a clue. Note though that
> the IE6 file from Windows Update is only a stub file and to complete the
> update the target system has to be connected to the internet.
>
> You could perhaps help yourself and those who might try and help by giving
> the full error message (perhaps you have in which case my apologies) such
> as details of the missing files if known.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Kevin22 <Kevin22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Did the download from that web page to a thumb drive then tried to
> > install from that on to the computer with the setup problem.
> >
> > Having the same problem. Still says there are files missing from the
> > installation directory.
> >
> > Could there be a problem in the steps I'm taking?

> I know I am getting to Windows Update through the Internet. Is there a
> problem with this directory at Microsoft?

No. See my reply posted to your identical question in another thread.

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance of
http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/ReInIE.htm to any problems you might be
experiencing.