Find can't find?

I try to find files with a certain word that I know existing in several files
in a folder but I get nothing as result. The files are normal textfiles
created by notepad.
I have tried this with and without indexing but neither gives any result.
I have all the latest updates installed.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks, Juha

Ucci wrote:
> I try to find files with a certain word that I know existing in several files
> in a folder but I get nothing as result. The files are normal textfiles
> created by notepad.
> I have tried this with and without indexing but neither gives any result.
> I have all the latest updates installed.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Two options. First http://support.telop.org/xpsrch.htm. If that
doesn't work, then this free, superior search tool -
http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE

It seems to me I read somewhere awhile back that Windows
Explorer "Find" has some bugs in that kind of search.
Sorry, but I don't know where to look unless you search
this forum and several others.