LCD industry cannot make 16- ms response time for 19+ in LCD

LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.

Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
make it.

When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.
15 answers Last reply
More about industry make response time

    angry wrote:

    > LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    > ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    >
    > Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    > 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    > make it.

    How about a Samsung with a response time of 8ms?

    http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=MJ19ESKB&selTab=Specifications

    > When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    I generally feel you're right here, but because of different reasons. LCD's
    cannot display certain colors properly, they often have dead pixels, and
    the picture quality is inferior to a CRT. LCD's also cost an arm and a leg
    compared to a good CRT. However, I think the CRT market is just about over.
    LCD's will be the only monitors available before long.

    --

    Registered Linux user #378193

    4.2 second google response time returned 16,000 hits for LCD's 19 16ms

    why would you rant something without just a 'wee bit' of research?

    "angry" <angry@lcd.com> wrote in message
    > LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    > ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    >
    > Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    > 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    > make it.
    >
    > When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    In article <1fjs01loq0vi6k72t3l77k2hacrdmrvl7v@4ax.com>, angry@lcd.com
    says...

    >Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    >19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    >make it.

    I have a 19 inch VueSonic VX910 LCD that is 16 ms.

    "Ruel Smith" <NoWay@NoWhere.com> wrote in message
    > angry wrote:
    >
    > > LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    > > ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    > >
    > > Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    > > 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    > > make it.
    >
    > How about a Samsung with a response time of 8ms?

    http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=MJ19ESKB&selTab=Specifications

    > > When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.
    >
    > I generally feel you're right here, but because of different reasons.
    LCD's
    > cannot display certain colors properly, they often have dead pixels, and
    > the picture quality is inferior to a CRT. LCD's also cost an arm and a leg
    > compared to a good CRT.

    However, I think the CRT market is just about over.
    > LCD's will be the only monitors available before long.

    you sorta contradicted yourself there "cannot display certain colors
    properly"

    no more CRT's? Not for awhile, CRT / color profiles is the best way to
    produce superior color corrected graphics for printer output.
    > --
    >
    > Registered Linux user #378193

    > no more CRT's? Not for awhile, CRT / color profiles is the best way to
    > produce superior color corrected graphics for printer output.

    It depends. There ARE graphic-grade and video-grade LCDs, but what
    happens most often is people see a 17" LCD for $5400 and wonder why they
    should pay that when there's another one with similar specs for $250.
    Then they buy the cheap one and are convinced you can't get decent
    color-matching on LCDs.

    hmmm, i guess my 20" sharp with 16ms response time was shipped from some
    distant alternate future.

    "angry" <angry@lcd.com> wrote in message
    > LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    > ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    >
    > Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    > 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    > make it.
    >
    > When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    and the (9) 19" and (2) 20.1" with 16ms, availabe at www.newegg.com must all
    come from the same supplier.

    "wooducoodu" <wooducoodu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hmmm, i guess my 20" sharp with 16ms response time was shipped from some
    > distant alternate future.
    >
    > "angry" <angry@lcd.com> wrote in message
    > > LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    > > ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    > >
    > > Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    > > 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    > > make it.
    > >
    > > When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    >>hmmm, i guess my 20" sharp with 16ms response time was shipped from some
    >>distant alternate future.
    >>
    >>"angry" <angry@lcd.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    >>>ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    >>>
    >>>Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    >>>19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    >>>make it.
    >>>
    >>>When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    Apple makes a _30"_ LCD with 16 ms response.

    > Apple makes a _30"_ LCD with 16 ms response.

    Too bad you can't connect that puppy to a computer. -Dave

    Dave C. wrote:
    >>Apple makes a _30"_ LCD with 16 ms response.
    >

    > Too bad you can't connect that puppy to a computer. -Dave

    You're right. I guess the people who buy them use them as folding
    tables for laundry.

    "o-chan" <poda@REMOVEmac.com> wrote in message
    > Dave C. wrote:
    > >>Apple makes a _30"_ LCD with 16 ms response.
    > >

    > > Too bad you can't connect that puppy to a computer. -Dave
    >
    > You're right. I guess the people who buy them use them as folding
    > tables for laundry.

    the puppy or the LCD?

    "angry" <angry@lcd.com> wrote in message
    > LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    > ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    >
    > Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    > 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    > make it.
    >
    > When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    Have a look at the Philips 190S5FG, 12 ms, analog input
    www.philips.com

    Gr. Jan

    This 19" LCD Acer has been sitting in front of me for a month now with 16
    ms response time, no dead pixels, and decent color matching. It came with a
    3 year warranty and the price is one of the cheapest currently on the
    market.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=24-009-022&DEPA=1

    I'll bet the original poster makes LCDs and wanted to drum up some business
    for the market.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
    > 4.2 second google response time returned 16,000 hits for LCD's 19 16ms
    >
    > why would you rant something without just a 'wee bit' of research?
    >

    > "angry" <angry@lcd.com> wrote in message
    >> LCD industry leaders like Samsung and Sony cannot make 16-
    >> ms response time a reality for 19+ in LCD.
    >>
    >> Do you see any LCD with a 16ms response time or better for
    >> 19+ inch LCD from them? No. The industry isn't capable to
    >> make it.
    >>
    >> When coming to 19+ in monitor, buy a CRT.

    Thanks for all the models you suggested. It beats me doing
    the research.

    I've looked up all the models you suggested. The two I like
    the most are 19 inch Sony SDM-HS94. It has a response time
    of 12ms. Samsung 193P has 16mm. The thing turns me off is
    that both has a dot pitch of .294mm.

    Not sure about ViewSonic VX910 as its spec at many sites
    including viewsonic.com doesn't mention its dot pitch.
    Otherwise, none of the 19" LCD has a better dot pitch than
    ..294mm, which is large. If you got one of these models,
    look at your screen closely to see each dot.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    In article <aj6t015jqse5n5mbip8euoo117ruph5vli@4ax.com>, angry@lcd.com
    says...

    >Not sure about ViewSonic VX910 as its spec at many sites
    >including viewsonic.com doesn't mention its dot pitch.
    >Otherwise, none of the 19" LCD has a better dot pitch than
    >.294mm, which is large. If you got one of these models,
    >look at your screen closely to see each dot.

    Your thinking is still screwed up.

    Dot Pitch is a specification of CRT monitors, about the spacing of the
    phosphor dots. This dot pitch spacing is unlikely to match the screen
    signal size in pixels. There is no possible alignment between phosphor
    dots and signal pixels on a CRT monitor, and this causes fuzziness. Each
    signal pixel necessarily straddles a couple of phosphor dots.

    LCD monitors are digital. If the display size is 1280x1024 pixels,
    then that spacing also is the dot pitch, by definition. There is no
    other way to look at it. If the screen size signal matches this diplay
    size (if both are 1280x1024 pixels), then it absolutely must be an 100%
    perfect alignment match. Then there is no other choice possible except
    perfect alignment.

    This is why the LCD display shows tiny text with so much greater clarity
    than is possible for CRT monitors. However the LCD color accuracy is
    likely not as good as a CRT (but they are getting better).

Homebuilt Hardware LCD Systems