Adding Sidewinder 3D Pro

bill

Windows XP Pro. New GA K8NS - 939 M/B. No game port on this so added a
Creative PCI sound card with game port for the Sidewinder.

Unable to load driver for this device as my game port is apparently not
correctly configured.

Under Properties in Device Manager I get this:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
devices on this system.

OK.

Go to Set Configuration Manually. Under Resources I have 3 choices: Current
configuration (automatic), Basic Configuration 0000 and also ditto 0001.

Regardless of what I/O range I select a conflict is always flagged up. If
I ignore the conflict the bloody driver won't load for the same original
reason.

I'm at a loss. Is there any chance that loading FS 2004 will automatically
sort this out or must I get this sorted out before I load Flt Sim 2004?

Help really appreciated here!!

jad

after adding the new hardware did you change 'reset configuration data' to
YES in the bios?

"Bill" <bill@NOSPAMvisit-forres.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Pro. New GA K8NS - 939 M/B. No game port on this so added a
> Creative PCI sound card with game port for the Sidewinder.
>
> Unable to load driver for this device as my game port is apparently not
> correctly configured.
>
> Under Properties in Device Manager I get this:
>
> "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
>
> If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
> devices on this system.
>

> OK.
>
> Go to Set Configuration Manually. Under Resources I have 3 choices:
Current
> configuration (automatic), Basic Configuration 0000 and also ditto 0001.
>
> Regardless of what I/O range I select a conflict is always flagged up.
If
> I ignore the conflict the bloody driver won't load for the same original
> reason.
>
> I'm at a loss. Is there any chance that loading FS 2004 will
automatically
> sort this out or must I get this sorted out before I load Flt Sim 2004?
>
> Help really appreciated here!!

"Bill" <bill@NOSPAMvisit-forres.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Pro. New GA K8NS - 939 M/B. No game port on this so added a
> Creative PCI sound card with game port for the Sidewinder.
>
> Unable to load driver for this device as my game port is apparently not
> correctly configured.
>
> Under Properties in Device Manager I get this:
>
> "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
>
> If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other
> devices on this system.
>

> OK.
>
> Go to Set Configuration Manually. Under Resources I have 3 choices:
Current
> configuration (automatic), Basic Configuration 0000 and also ditto 0001.
>
> Regardless of what I/O range I select a conflict is always flagged up.
If
> I ignore the conflict the bloody driver won't load for the same original
> reason.
>
> I'm at a loss. Is there any chance that loading FS 2004 will
automatically
> sort this out or must I get this sorted out before I load Flt Sim 2004?
>
> Help really appreciated here!!
>
> Which board are you using for sound? If you have onboard sound, disable
it in the BIOS and just use the Creative card.
Mike.

So does it say exactly what the game port is conflicting with? Have
you tried completely removing the card using Device Manager and then
have Windows reinstall the card when it reboots?
Incidentally, I installed a Soundblaster sound card when I built my
computer. I also have a Sidewinder 3D Pro. I discovered that the two
are not a good match. I'd be playing a game and all of a sudden the
joystick would stop responding. I would go into the gameport control
panel and it would say "joystick not found". I researched and found
that this was a common problem with the Soundblaster card. I had to
buy a different brand of sound card (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz). The
sound on some of my older games however would only work with the
Soundblaster card using the drivers installed by Windows XP. The
Soundblaster drivers wouldn't work with the older games either. So
now I have two sound cards in my computer. I had to go into Device
Manager and disable the sound on the Santa Cruz card. Then I had to go
into the gameport control panel and remove the Sidewinder from the
Soundblaster game port and have it reinstalled on the Santa Cruz game
port.

"Bill" <bill@NOSPAMvisit-forres.com> wrote:

>Windows XP Pro. New GA K8NS - 939 M/B. No game port on this so
>added a Creative PCI sound card with game port for the Sidewinder.
>Unable to load driver for this device as my game port is apparently
>not correctly configured.

I don't know whether this matters, but Microsoft hasn't and won't
produce Windows XP drivers for their Sidewinder input devices.

I think Microsoft even stopped making gaming input devices.

Good luck.

--
Writing the first dynamically timed systemwide macro recorder for
Windows XP. Please see (comp.windows.open-look). Coding help is

bill

Yes,

I have tried almost every available trick in the book and have come to the
reluctant conclusion that there is an incompatability here and will now give
up!!

Am building a spare computer from the bits of my old one - maybe I'll get
somthing to work there!!

Thanks guys.