new harddrive needs driver???

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 2:10:59 AM

I often plug harddrives into my system to pull data off for people.
Lately, every time I do, I get the hardware wizard and it wants to search
for driver. Obviously, a harddrive doesn't need a driver. I have
discovered
if I disable it, then I can see the drive in My Computer. If I don't
disable,
I can't see the driver to pull off anything. What is causing this?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

More about : harddrive driver

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 12:28:43 PM

"dancer" <dancerjen@bellsouth.net> skrev i melding
> I often plug harddrives into my system to pull data off for people.
> Lately, every time I do, I get the hardware wizard and it wants to search
> for driver. Obviously, a harddrive doesn't need a driver. I have
> discovered
> if I disable it, then I can see the drive in My Computer. If I don't
> disable,
> I can't see the driver to pull off anything. What is causing this?
>
> Anyone know?
>
> Thanks,

Maybe you need to install the chipset diriver for your motherboard. Or, for
some mobo's that uses Intel processor, you can improve the harddrive
efectivity by installing an IDE driver.
!