new harddrive needs driver???

I often plug harddrives into my system to pull data off for people.
Lately, every time I do, I get the hardware wizard and it wants to search
for driver. Obviously, a harddrive doesn't need a driver. I have
discovered
if I disable it, then I can see the drive in My Computer. If I don't
disable,
I can't see the driver to pull off anything. What is causing this?

Anyone know?

Thanks,
More about harddrive driver

    "dancer" <dancerjen@bellsouth.net> skrev i melding
    > I often plug harddrives into my system to pull data off for people.
    > Lately, every time I do, I get the hardware wizard and it wants to search
    > for driver. Obviously, a harddrive doesn't need a driver. I have
    > discovered
    > if I disable it, then I can see the drive in My Computer. If I don't
    > disable,
    > I can't see the driver to pull off anything. What is causing this?
    >
    > Anyone know?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Maybe you need to install the chipset diriver for your motherboard. Or, for
    some mobo's that uses Intel processor, you can improve the harddrive
    efectivity by installing an IDE driver.

Homebuilt Hardware Hard Drives Systems