How does one get support

August 6, 2004 4:19:54 PM

I am so frustrated with Microsoft. I've just spent over 1 hour trying to get
support. I filled in all their questions to no avail. I hope someone here
can answer my question and hopefully help me.

I have WindowsXPhome O.E.I.E.6, I keep getting a blank page with the words
"please wait" and at the top bar Microsoft Internet Explorer. This page pops
up at any and every web site. I would appreciate it if someone could advise
me. I have run Ad-Aware but found nothing. Also did a Norton scan. Has
anyone else encountered this problem?.
Thank you for any help,
Lucia.

More about : support

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:19:55 PM

Lucia,

Verify that you have no proxy settings setup in IE. To do this, in Internet
Explorer, click on Tools>Internet Options. Go to the Connections Tab then
click on the LAN Settings button. The top two check boxes are related to
proxy settings. If you are a home user, make sure that both boxes are
unchecked (if you are on a corporate network, it is possible that you do
have a proxy server and you need to check with your administrator before
doing anything with these check boxes). OK your way out and close IE. Open
IE again and see if that resolves your issues.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Partner