They've all gone to the Angel nightclub..........

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
June 4, 2005 2:57:52 PM

Hmmm.

Smells like a dead cat in here!

Shane

More about : angel nightclub

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:19:25 PM

<lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped with
this reply <vbg>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> Smells like a dead cat in here!
>

> Shane
June 4, 2005 4:29:34 PM

What am *I* on about???

Shane

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> <lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped with
> this reply <vbg>
> Joan
>
> Shane wrote:
> > Hmmm.
> >
> > Smells like a dead cat in here!
> >

> > Shane

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 4:29:35 PM

Earth to Shane and Joan.
Please use your "Universal translator" in your later replies.
In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What am *I* on about???
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > <lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped with
> > this reply <vbg>
> > Joan
> >
> > Shane wrote:
> > > Hmmm.
> > >
> > > Smells like a dead cat in here!
> > >

> > > Shane

June 4, 2005 5:37:38 PM

Who's on First??

Figgs

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What am *I* on about???
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > <lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped with
> > this reply <vbg>
> > Joan
> >
> > Shane wrote:
> > > Hmmm.
> > >
> > > Smells like a dead cat in here!
> > >

> > > Shane

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 8:21:20 PM

<lol> I don't know what's going on Jack, I just clicked on the post by
Shane with this subject and wondered who or what he was going on about <g>
but then again it is Shane we're talking about so it could be anything <g>
Joan

Jack E Martinelli wrote:
> Earth to Shane and Joan.
> Please use your "Universal translator" in your later replies.
>> What am *I* on about???
>>

>> Shane
>>

>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> > <lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped
>> > with this reply <vbg>
>> > Joan

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 8:21:21 PM

Well, I'm not really worried about either of you. Hope you're both having
some fun, even if not together.
BTW, is there some football, or other huge spectator sport, happening just
now in the UK, that might explain this?

news:o sH8OkRaFHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> <lol> I don't know what's going on Jack, I just clicked on the post by
> Shane with this subject and wondered who or what he was going on about <g>
> but then again it is Shane we're talking about so it could be anything <g>
> Joan
>

> Jack E Martinelli wrote:
> > Earth to Shane and Joan.
> > Please use your "Universal translator" in your later replies.
> >> What am *I* on about???
> >>

> >> Shane
> >>

> >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:36:43 PM

It's always fun when Shane's around you should know that by now <g>
The only thing I can think of is today it's the Epsom Derby (horse racing)
Joan

Jack E Martinelli wrote:
> Well, I'm not really worried about either of you. Hope you're both
> having some fun, even if not together.
> BTW, is there some football, or other huge spectator sport, happening
> just now in the UK, that might explain this?

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:13:14 AM

There's the Bangladesh Test Match (cricket), Jack - for once we're beating
someone at our own game!!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> Well, I'm not really worried about either of you. Hope you're both having
> some fun, even if not together.
> BTW, is there some football, or other huge spectator sport, happening just
> now in the UK, that might explain this?

> In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:o sH8OkRaFHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> <lol> I don't know what's going on Jack, I just clicked on the post by
>> Shane with this subject and wondered who or what he was going on about
>> <g>
>> but then again it is Shane we're talking about so it could be anything
>> <g>
>> Joan
>>

>> Jack E Martinelli wrote:
>> > Earth to Shane and Joan.
>> > Please use your "Universal translator" in your later replies.

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:13:49 AM

You??
(bunker on order - delivery promised in time!<g>)

--

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Who's on First??
>
> Figgs
>
> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What am *I* on about???
>>

>> Shane
>>

>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> > <lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped with
>> > this reply <vbg>
>> > Joan

June 5, 2005 12:13:50 AM

LOL!! Got your email and am busy sending our itinerary to folks. Shoot,
forgot to send it to you. On its way!! My next door neighbour is going to
be on call in case either Elayne or ourselves need to be reached for any
reason. Just a precaution.....do it every time we travel.

XX Figgs

> You??
> (bunker on order - delivery promised in time!<g>)
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > Who's on First??
> >
> > Figgs
> >
> > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> What am *I* on about???
> >>

> >> Shane
> >>

> >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 1:31:40 AM

I've tried it and can't smell a thing, Shane.
'you think there's something wrong with my nose???

Harry.

"Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message
> Hmmm.
>
> Smells like a dead cat in here!
>

> Shane

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 1:58:23 AM

Are you sure you know what these deliveries can be like, have you got a
plan B <g>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> You??
> (bunker on order - delivery promised in time!<g>)

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 2:07:38 AM

Yeah - run like hell!
:)

--

> Are you sure you know what these deliveries can be like, have you got a
> plan B <g>
> Joan
>

> Noel Paton wrote:
>> You??
>> (bunker on order - delivery promised in time!<g>)

June 5, 2005 2:07:39 AM

WUSSIE!! (G)

Afraid of a wee girl.....well, um.......nah!!

Mum

> Yeah - run like hell!
> :)
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > Are you sure you know what these deliveries can be like, have you got a
> > plan B <g>
> > Joan
> >

> > Noel Paton wrote:
> >> You??
> >> (bunker on order - delivery promised in time!<g>)

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 5:24:56 AM

So there's only thee and me here then Shane? - Looks like WinMe is dying,
but there's another eight to go.

Mart

"Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message
> Hmmm.
>
> Smells like a dead cat in here!
>

> Shane

June 5, 2005 12:29:31 PM

"Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in
news:o zRPylTaFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> There's the Bangladesh Test Match (cricket), Jack - for once we're
> beating someone at our own game!!

Make the most of it ....... haven't the Aussies just arrived ?

--
Adam and Eve - the worlds happiest couple ever.
Neither had a mother-in-law.

A game developed to ward off malaria, I believe. You drank it with quinine.

Shane

news:o zRPylTaFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> There's the Bangladesh Test Match (cricket), Jack - for once we're beating
> someone at our own game!!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
> > Well, I'm not really worried about either of you. Hope you're both
having
> > some fun, even if not together.
> > BTW, is there some football, or other huge spectator sport, happening
just
> > now in the UK, that might explain this?
> >
> > --
> > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
> > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
> > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...
> > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> > ------
> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > news:o sH8OkRaFHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >> <lol> I don't know what's going on Jack, I just clicked on the post by
> >> Shane with this subject and wondered who or what he was going on about
> >> <g>
> >> but then again it is Shane we're talking about so it could be anything
> >> <g>
> >> Joan

June 5, 2005 1:22:44 PM

Yes.

Shane

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Who's on First??
>
> Figgs
>
> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > What am *I* on about???
> >

> > Shane
> >

> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > <lol> What are you on about Shane, I don't have any posts grouped with
> > > this reply <vbg>
> > > Joan

June 5, 2005 1:27:27 PM

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> So there's only thee and me here then Shane? -

A loaf of wine, a jug of bread and thou.

> Looks like WinMe is dying,
> but there's another eight to go.

I'll get back to you when I've worked that one out, Mart!

Shane
June 5, 2005 1:28:25 PM

Indubitably, sir! But then, you live on the same continent as Heirloom.

Shane

news:o KEyJ5WaFHA.2884@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> I've tried it and can't smell a thing, Shane.
> 'you think there's something wrong with my nose???
>
> Harry.
>

> "Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message
> > Hmmm.
> >
> > Smells like a dead cat in here!
> >

> > Shane

June 5, 2005 1:29:46 PM

Jack, if, when you say football you're not thinking of a bunch of guys
wearing mattresses and throwing a rugby ball, you deserve a knighthood!

Shane

> Well, I'm not really worried about either of you. Hope you're both having
> some fun, even if not together.
> BTW, is there some football, or other huge spectator sport, happening just
> now in the UK, that might explain this?

> In Memorium: Alex Nichol
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:o sH8OkRaFHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > <lol> I don't know what's going on Jack, I just clicked on the post by
> > Shane with this subject and wondered who or what he was going on about
<g>
> > but then again it is Shane we're talking about so it could be anything
<g>
> > Joan
> >

> > Jack E Martinelli wrote:
> > > Earth to Shane and Joan.
> > > Please use your "Universal translator" in your later replies.

June 5, 2005 5:06:08 PM

OK, the penny dropped at last!

Shane

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > So there's only thee and me here then Shane? -
>
> A loaf of wine, a jug of bread and thou.
>
> > Looks like WinMe is dying,
> > but there's another eight to go.
> >

> I'll get back to you when I've worked that one out, Mart!
>

> Shane

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:29:39 PM

Shane:
Wait 'til the 'loom sees this.
His nose is in fairly good shape yet, too, as is mine.
It just refuses to smell the "dead cat" on the internet.
Who needs WinME, anyway.
You think this might bring the cat back to life?
Who knows, maybe it's better off dead.

Sir Harry (I think I like that - or maybe not).

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o BgG9iaaFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Indubitably, sir! But then, you live on the same continent as Heirloom.
>
> Shane
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> news:o KEyJ5WaFHA.2884@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >
> > I've tried it and can't smell a thing, Shane.
> > 'you think there's something wrong with my nose???
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message
> > > Hmmm.
> > >
> > > Smells like a dead cat in here!
> > >

> > > Shane

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 3:03:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

win98.gen_discussion is starting to die fairly quickly too...
"it happened so fast" :)  :)

We should combine groups.. you guys can handle system restore,, we'll field
the boot to dos stuff..

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:eTd5CUWaFHA.2996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> So there's only thee and me here then Shane? - Looks like WinMe is dying, but there's another eight to go.
>
> Mart
>

> "Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message news:%23DRAnvOaFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Hmmm.
>>
>> Smells like a dead cat in here!
>>

>> Shane

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 3:57:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Not a bad idea, Bill.
Win98 and WinME are closely related anyway.
Question is: what will the name of the NG be?
WinCombo doesn't sound too bad, does it?
-Don't throw that snowball, please-

Harry.

"Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
> win98.gen_discussion is starting to die fairly quickly too...
> "it happened so fast" :)  :)
>
> We should combine groups.. you guys can handle system restore,, we'll
field
> the boot to dos stuff..
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > So there's only thee and me here then Shane? - Looks like WinMe is
dying, but there's another eight to go.

> > Mart
> >

> > "Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message
> >> Hmmm.
> >>
> >> Smells like a dead cat in here!
> >>

> >> Shane

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 4:51:05 AM

Ah! - The old "jammed coin slot mechanism" ploy again. HL - and Harry - know
all about that one.

Mart

> OK, the penny dropped at last!
>

> Shane
>

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> > So there's only thee and me here then Shane? -
>>
>> A loaf of wine, a jug of bread and thou.
>>
>> > Looks like WinMe is dying,
>> > but there's another eight to go.
>> >

>> I'll get back to you when I've worked that one out, Mart!
>>

>> Shane

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:14:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Sounds a good idea to me Bill. Perhaps a "win9xMe.series" of groups, I guess
there are still some 95'ers out there too. We've even been known dabble with
3x (and DOS of course) in the WinMe groups too, on occasions. Don't know how
you you'd get MS to set the groups up though. Maybe the MVP's could use some
influence?

Mart

"Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
> win98.gen_discussion is starting to die fairly quickly too...
> "it happened so fast" :)  :)
>
> We should combine groups.. you guys can handle system restore,, we'll
> field
> the boot to dos stuff..
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> So there's only thee and me here then Shane? - Looks like WinMe is dying,
>> but there's another eight to go.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message
>>> Hmmm.
>>>
>>> Smells like a dead cat in here!
>>>

>>> Shane

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:14:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no? (Win95/98/ME)
There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)

I don't see MS doing anything with the re-arrangement though....NNTP groups have so
many mirrors, that once a group begins existence, it lives "forever".
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:o T33P8laFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Sounds a good idea to me Bill. Perhaps a "win9xMe.series" of groups, I guess
> there are still some 95'ers out there too. We've even been known dabble with
> 3x (and DOS of course) in the WinMe groups too, on occasions. Don't know how
> you you'd get MS to set the groups up though. Maybe the MVP's could use some
> influence?
>
> Mart
>

> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
> > win98.gen_discussion is starting to die fairly quickly too...
> > "it happened so fast" :)  :)
> >
> > We should combine groups.. you guys can handle system restore,, we'll
> > field
> > the boot to dos stuff..
> >

> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >> So there's only thee and me here then Shane? - Looks like WinMe is dying,
> >> but there's another eight to go.
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "Shane" <thesunhasgothish@on.hiphiphooray> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:14:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

I didn't know (recall) there was any "wfw_dos", per se. You mean a
different DOS than 3.3 or 5.0 or 6.1?

I can't remember for sure, but I thought some version of DOS was installed
first, followed by Win 3.1. It's been too long - can't remember now.

glee wrote:
> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no?
(Win95/98/ME)
> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)
>
> I don't see MS doing anything with the re-arrangement though....NNTP
groups
> have so many mirrors, that once a group begins existence, it lives
"forever".
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:o T33P8laFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Sounds a good idea to me Bill. Perhaps a "win9xMe.series" of groups, I
guess
>> there are still some 95'ers out there too. We've even been known dabble
with
>> 3x (and DOS of course) in the WinMe groups too, on occasions. Don't know
how
>> you you'd get MS to set the groups up though. Maybe the MVP's could use
some
>> influence?
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
>>> win98.gen_discussion is starting to die fairly quickly too...
>>> "it happened so fast" :)  :)
>>>
>>> We should combine groups.. you guys can handle system restore,, we'll
>>> field
>>> the boot to dos stuff..
>>>

>>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:09:45 PM

Glen wrote:

> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no?
> (Win95/98/ME)

Sure, and that point has had to be explained regularly in these groups <g>

> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)

Not having needed it before, I hadn't even realised that group was there.
And looks interesting enough to subscribe.

> ..once a group begins existence, it lives "forever".

Point taken Glen.

So status quo then I guess, Bill? <bg>

Mart

news:o X5dAKmaFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no?
> (Win95/98/ME)
> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)
>
> I don't see MS doing anything with the re-arrangement though....NNTP
> groups have so
> many mirrors, that once a group begins existence, it lives "forever".
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:o T33P8laFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Sounds a good idea to me Bill. Perhaps a "win9xMe.series" of groups, I
>> guess
>> there are still some 95'ers out there too. We've even been known dabble
>> with
>> 3x (and DOS of course) in the WinMe groups too, on occasions. Don't know
>> how
>> you you'd get MS to set the groups up though. Maybe the MVP's could use
>> some
>> influence?
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
>> > win98.gen_discussion is starting to die fairly quickly too...
>> > "it happened so fast" :)  :)
>> >
>> > We should combine groups.. you guys can handle system restore,, we'll
>> > field
>> > the boot to dos stuff..
>> >

>> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:09:46 PM

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:o 5hV4amaFHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Glen wrote:
>
>> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no? (Win95/98/ME)
>
> Sure, and that point has had to be explained regularly in these groups <g>
>
>> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)
>
> Not having needed it before, I hadn't even realised that group was there. And looks interesting enough to subscribe.
>
>> ..once a group begins existence, it lives "forever".
>
> Point taken Glen.
>
> So status quo then I guess, Bill? <bg>

I guess so.. but somebody needs to
find out where that smell is coming from ;)
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 4:37:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

<lol> Now don't you go setting Shane of again, that's what started this,
me replying to his post <g>
Joan

Bill Blanton wrote:
> I guess so.. but somebody needs to
> find out where that smell is coming from ;)
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:50:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Is someone gonna answer this - about the DOS version?

Bill in Co. wrote:
> I didn't know (recall) there was any "wfw_dos", per se. You mean a
> different DOS than 3.3 or 5.0 or 6.1?
>
> I can't remember for sure, but I thought some version of DOS was installed
> first, followed by Win 3.1. It's been too long - can't remember now.
>
> glee wrote:
>> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no?
(Win95/98/ME)
>> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)
>>
>> I don't see MS doing anything with the re-arrangement though....NNTP
groups
>> have so many mirrors, that once a group begins existence, it lives
"forever".
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> news:o T33P8laFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Sounds a good idea to me Bill. Perhaps a "win9xMe.series" of groups, I
guess
>>> there are still some 95'ers out there too. We've even been known dabble
with
>>> 3x (and DOS of course) in the WinMe groups too, on occasions. Don't know
how
>>> you you'd get MS to set the groups up though. Maybe the MVP's could use
some
>>> influence?
>>>
>>> Mart
>>>

>>> "Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message

June 6, 2005 11:17:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Much as I hate to disappoint, though, Joan, I have to admit this did get to
what I was alluding to.

I was thinking along the lines of merging the ME groups into......I don't
know how many......but *fewer* of them. I reckon a no. could come under the
blanket description of *WindowsME General*. The idea of rather merging 9x
groups hadn't occurred to me but seems like a good idea. I imagine there'd
be a certain amount of resistance to it, but I enjoy the discussion, it
seems to me *constructive*.

Anyway, I'm moving at the weekend (Cotswolds). Don't know when I'll be back
here (or, indeed, here!). So much I still haven't got around to doing!

You may - or may not - like to know about "they've all gone to the Angel
nightclub!"? Well, you see, there's this generic ad shown in the cinemas -
like in the Pearl and Dean interlude? iirc some cartoon character - drawn
like in the Pink Panther cartoons - comes into a room and it's empty and he
wonders where everybody's gone. In Basingstoke, in the glorious '70's, it
was the Angel nightclub. I saw the same ad but for a different commercial
enterprise within the last two or three years here in London. I hadn't,
until then, realised just how generic it was.

"Hmmm........(it) smells like a dead cat in here!" is from the Firesign
Theatre's album "In the next world you're on your own". All-in-all a rather
plagiarised post!

> <lol> Now don't you go setting Shane of again, that's what started this,
> me replying to his post <g>
> Joan
>

> Bill Blanton wrote:
> > I guess so.. but somebody needs to
> > find out where that smell is coming from ;)

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:17:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Shane:

Now you are cooking. Windows9x.general ok.?
All we need is a host.
Do you care to volunteer?
Did you know the "Angel Nightclub" is real and somewhere in Poland or
Russia?
And where will you be going after you'd leave here?
Hard to imagine this place without you.

Harry.

"Shane" <tralalafie@soft.whatacluster!> wrote in message
> Much as I hate to disappoint, though, Joan, I have to admit this did get
> what I was alluding to.
>
> I was thinking along the lines of merging the ME groups into......I don't
> know how many......but *fewer* of them. I reckon a no. could come under
the
> blanket description of *WindowsME General*. The idea of rather merging 9x
> groups hadn't occurred to me but seems like a good idea. I imagine there'd
> be a certain amount of resistance to it, but I enjoy the discussion, it
> seems to me *constructive*.
>
> Anyway, I'm moving at the weekend (Cotswolds). Don't know when I'll be
back
> here (or, indeed, here!). So much I still haven't got around to doing!
>
> You may - or may not - like to know about "they've all gone to the Angel
> nightclub!"? Well, you see, there's this generic ad shown in the cinemas -
> like in the Pearl and Dean interlude? iirc some cartoon character - drawn
> like in the Pink Panther cartoons - comes into a room and it's empty and
he
> wonders where everybody's gone. In Basingstoke, in the glorious '70's, it
> was the Angel nightclub. I saw the same ad but for a different commercial
> enterprise within the last two or three years here in London. I hadn't,
> until then, realised just how generic it was.
>
> "Hmmm........(it) smells like a dead cat in here!" is from the Firesign
> Theatre's album "In the next world you're on your own". All-in-all a
rather
> plagiarised post!
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > <lol> Now don't you go setting Shane of again, that's what started this,
> > me replying to his post <g>
> > Joan
> >

> > Bill Blanton wrote:
> > > I guess so.. but somebody needs to
> > > find out where that smell is coming from ;)

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:06:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Thank you very much for the explanation Shane, it all becomes clear now
<g>
I'm not sure whether to say good luck with the move or sorry to see you
go, but I hope you will keep in touch I would miss not talking to you
occassionally.
Joan

Shane wrote:
> Much as I hate to disappoint, though, Joan, I have to admit this did
> get to what I was alluding to.
>
> I was thinking along the lines of merging the ME groups into......I
> don't know how many......but *fewer* of them. I reckon a no. could
> come under the blanket description of *WindowsME General*. The idea
> of rather merging 9x groups hadn't occurred to me but seems like a
> good idea. I imagine there'd be a certain amount of resistance to it,
> but I enjoy the discussion, it seems to me *constructive*.
>
> Anyway, I'm moving at the weekend (Cotswolds). Don't know when I'll
> be back here (or, indeed, here!). So much I still haven't got around
> to doing!
>
> You may - or may not - like to know about "they've all gone to the
> Angel nightclub!"? Well, you see, there's this generic ad shown in
> the cinemas - like in the Pearl and Dean interlude? iirc some cartoon
> character - drawn like in the Pink Panther cartoons - comes into a
> room and it's empty and he wonders where everybody's gone. In
> Basingstoke, in the glorious '70's, it was the Angel nightclub. I saw
> the same ad but for a different commercial enterprise within the last
> two or three years here in London. I hadn't, until then, realised
> just how generic it was.
>
> "Hmmm........(it) smells like a dead cat in here!" is from the
> Firesign Theatre's album "In the next world you're on your own".
> All-in-all a rather plagiarised post!
>

> Shane
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:18:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

The name of the newsgroup...win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup...refers to the fact that it
covers Windows 3x, Windows For Workgroups (WFW), and DOS.
--

"Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is someone gonna answer this - about the DOS version?
>
> Bill in Co. wrote:
> > I didn't know (recall) there was any "wfw_dos", per se. You mean a
> > different DOS than 3.3 or 5.0 or 6.1?
> >
> > I can't remember for sure, but I thought some version of DOS was installed
> > first, followed by Win 3.1. It's been too long - can't remember now.
> >
> > glee wrote:
> >> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no?
> (Win95/98/ME)
> >> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)
> >>
> >> I don't see MS doing anything with the re-arrangement though....NNTP
> groups
> >> have so many mirrors, that once a group begins existence, it lives
> "forever".
> >> --
> >> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >>

> >> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >> news:o T33P8laFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> guess
> with
> how
> some

> dying,

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:18:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

OK, that clarifies it. Thanks, and I guess I remembered correctly about
having to have had some version of DOS installed, before installing Win 3.1
(still not positive of that - it's been too long).

glee wrote:
> The name of the newsgroup...win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup...refers to the fact
> that it covers Windows 3x, Windows For Workgroups (WFW), and DOS.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Is someone gonna answer this - about the DOS version?
>>
>> Bill in Co. wrote:
>>> I didn't know (recall) there was any "wfw_dos", per se. You mean a
>>> different DOS than 3.3 or 5.0 or 6.1?
>>>
>>> I can't remember for sure, but I thought some version of DOS was
installed
>>> first, followed by Win 3.1. It's been too long - can't remember now.

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:39:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Sorry to hear that you might be leaving us - do try to call by if you can,
at least or until we all get moved off the WinMe (and other Win9x <g>)
groups.

Thanks for the (cryptic) banter - and the more serious technical responses -
over the past few years. It's been appreciated and will be missed.

Good luck with your moving, and the Cotswolds certainly sounds a good place
to move to.

Mart

"Shane" <tralalafie@soft.whatacluster!> wrote in message
> Much as I hate to disappoint, though, Joan, I have to admit this did get
> what I was alluding to.
>
> I was thinking along the lines of merging the ME groups into......I don't
> know how many......but *fewer* of them. I reckon a no. could come under
> the
> blanket description of *WindowsME General*. The idea of rather merging 9x
> groups hadn't occurred to me but seems like a good idea. I imagine there'd
> be a certain amount of resistance to it, but I enjoy the discussion, it
> seems to me *constructive*.
>
> Anyway, I'm moving at the weekend (Cotswolds). Don't know when I'll be
> back
> here (or, indeed, here!). So much I still haven't got around to doing!
>
> You may - or may not - like to know about "they've all gone to the Angel
> nightclub!"? Well, you see, there's this generic ad shown in the cinemas -
> like in the Pearl and Dean interlude? iirc some cartoon character - drawn
> like in the Pink Panther cartoons - comes into a room and it's empty and
> he
> wonders where everybody's gone. In Basingstoke, in the glorious '70's, it
> was the Angel nightclub. I saw the same ad but for a different commercial
> enterprise within the last two or three years here in London. I hadn't,
> until then, realised just how generic it was.
>
> "Hmmm........(it) smells like a dead cat in here!" is from the Firesign
> Theatre's album "In the next world you're on your own". All-in-all a
> rather
> plagiarised post!
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> <lol> Now don't you go setting Shane of again, that's what started this,
>> me replying to his post <g>
>> Joan
>>

>> Bill Blanton wrote:
>> > I guess so.. but somebody needs to
>> > find out where that smell is coming from ;)

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 5:14:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

It's a new group to me Bill, but my 'guess' is that it is for Win3x
(including Windows-for-Workgroups) and DOS (all versions), although there
does appear to be a further 4 DOS related MS Newsgroups - but I'm sure that
someone will enlighten us if I'm wrong <g>

Mart

"Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Is someone gonna answer this - about the DOS version?
>
> Bill in Co. wrote:
>> I didn't know (recall) there was any "wfw_dos", per se. You mean a
>> different DOS than 3.3 or 5.0 or 6.1?
>>
>> I can't remember for sure, but I thought some version of DOS was
>> installed
>> first, followed by Win 3.1. It's been too long - can't remember now.
>>
>> glee wrote:
>>> Since WinME is based on a Win9x kernel, they are all Win9x, no?
> (Win95/98/ME)
>>> There alreay is a win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup, still alive and kicking. ;-)
>>>
>>> I don't see MS doing anything with the re-arrangement though....NNTP
> groups
>>> have so many mirrors, that once a group begins existence, it lives
> "forever".
>>> --
>>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>>

>>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> news:o T33P8laFHA.740@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> guess
> with
> how
> some

> dying,

June 7, 2005 9:07:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Well, yes, it wasn't until Win 95 that Windows came with DOS included.
Win3x/WFWG (WFW too easily confused with Word For Windows!) won't install on
top of MS-DOS 6.22. I re-installed WFWG3.11 just the other day to show
someone Reversi (having forgotten that WFWG didn't come with Reversi!). So I
went through the installing DOS 5.00, then WFWG rigmarole, then DOS 6.22,
then thought what the hell, may as well put 98se back on there. Since when
I've deleted all the 16-bit stuff and am running 98se again.

Shane

> OK, that clarifies it. Thanks, and I guess I remembered correctly about
> having to have had some version of DOS installed, before installing Win
> 3.1
> (still not positive of that - it's been too long).
>
> glee wrote:
>> The name of the newsgroup...win3x_wfw_dos newsgroup...refers to the fact
>> that it covers Windows 3x, Windows For Workgroups (WFW), and DOS.
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Is someone gonna answer this - about the DOS version?

> installed

> lives

> occasions.

June 7, 2005 9:32:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Thanks, Joan,

I guess I'll be a stone's throw from Noel.......it'll be the first time I've
hoped for a garden full of rocks!

> Thank you very much for the explanation Shane, it all becomes clear now
> <g>
> I'm not sure whether to say good luck with the move or sorry to see you
> go, but I hope you will keep in touch I would miss not talking to you
> occassionally.
> Joan
>
> Shane wrote:
>> Much as I hate to disappoint, though, Joan, I have to admit this did
>> get to what I was alluding to.
>>
>> I was thinking along the lines of merging the ME groups into......I
>> don't know how many......but *fewer* of them. I reckon a no. could
>> come under the blanket description of *WindowsME General*. The idea
>> of rather merging 9x groups hadn't occurred to me but seems like a
>> good idea. I imagine there'd be a certain amount of resistance to it,
>> but I enjoy the discussion, it seems to me *constructive*.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm moving at the weekend (Cotswolds). Don't know when I'll
>> be back here (or, indeed, here!). So much I still haven't got around
>> to doing!
>>
>> You may - or may not - like to know about "they've all gone to the
>> Angel nightclub!"? Well, you see, there's this generic ad shown in
>> the cinemas - like in the Pearl and Dean interlude? iirc some cartoon
>> character - drawn like in the Pink Panther cartoons - comes into a
>> room and it's empty and he wonders where everybody's gone. In
>> Basingstoke, in the glorious '70's, it was the Angel nightclub. I saw
>> the same ad but for a different commercial enterprise within the last
>> two or three years here in London. I hadn't, until then, realised
>> just how generic it was.
>>
>> "Hmmm........(it) smells like a dead cat in here!" is from the
>> Firesign Theatre's album "In the next world you're on your own".
>> All-in-all a rather plagiarised post!
>>

>> Shane

June 7, 2005 9:38:30 AM

> Shane:
>
> Now you are cooking. Windows9x.general ok.?

Trouble with that is ME would get a little submerged as 98 always has been -
and probably always will be - more popular.

> All we need is a host.
> Do you care to volunteer?

I'll pass on that. Unless you mean to dish out the drinks.

> Did you know the "Angel Nightclub" is real and somewhere in Poland or
> Russia?

It was real in Basingstoke......at least until you entered it!

> And where will you be going after you'd leave here?
> Hard to imagine this place without you.

Thanks, Harry.

Before I got the computer addiction I spent most of my time
outdoors.............

Shane
June 7, 2005 11:04:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Cheers Mart.

> Sorry to hear that you might be leaving us - do try to call by if you can,
> at least or until we all get moved off the WinMe (and other Win9x <g>)
> groups.

That would be interesting.

> Thanks for the (cryptic) banter - and the more serious technical
> missed.

To think there was a time when I posted prolifically, and, iirc, more often
seriously than not!

> Good luck with your moving, and the Cotswolds certainly sounds a good
> place to move to.

Thanks again, mate. Yeah, great place for walking or riding the bike. London
is fabulous in many respects but seriously lacking in others!

However, when I moved here I was going to leave the groups and I did for
about 5 minutes! So, we'll see.

Shane
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 11:05:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Hoi - I heard that!<g>
Cotswolds? whereabouts? - it's still one heck of a long stone-throw from
here!!
(You middle names aren't 'Jeff Capes', are they??)

--

> Thanks, Joan,
>
> I guess I'll be a stone's throw from Noel.......it'll be the first time
> I've hoped for a garden full of rocks!
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you very much for the explanation Shane, it all becomes clear now
>> <g>
>> I'm not sure whether to say good luck with the move or sorry to see you
>> go, but I hope you will keep in touch I would miss not talking to you
>> occassionally.
>> Joan
>>
>> Shane wrote:
>>> Much as I hate to disappoint, though, Joan, I have to admit this did
>>> get to what I was alluding to.
>>>
>>> I was thinking along the lines of merging the ME groups into......I
>>> don't know how many......but *fewer* of them. I reckon a no. could
>>> come under the blanket description of *WindowsME General*. The idea
>>> of rather merging 9x groups hadn't occurred to me but seems like a
>>> good idea. I imagine there'd be a certain amount of resistance to it,
>>> but I enjoy the discussion, it seems to me *constructive*.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I'm moving at the weekend (Cotswolds). Don't know when I'll
>>> be back here (or, indeed, here!). So much I still haven't got around
>>> to doing!
>>>
>>> You may - or may not - like to know about "they've all gone to the
>>> Angel nightclub!"? Well, you see, there's this generic ad shown in
>>> the cinemas - like in the Pearl and Dean interlude? iirc some cartoon
>>> character - drawn like in the Pink Panther cartoons - comes into a
>>> room and it's empty and he wonders where everybody's gone. In
>>> Basingstoke, in the glorious '70's, it was the Angel nightclub. I saw
>>> the same ad but for a different commercial enterprise within the last
>>> two or three years here in London. I hadn't, until then, realised
>>> just how generic it was.
>>>
>>> "Hmmm........(it) smells like a dead cat in here!" is from the
>>> Firesign Theatre's album "In the next world you're on your own".
>>> All-in-all a rather plagiarised post!
>>>

>>> Shane

June 7, 2005 11:14:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

> Cotswolds? whereabouts?

Cirencester way.

> - it's still one heck of a long stone-throw from here!!

Yeah. I know! :-(

> (You middle names aren't 'Jeff Capes', are they??)

Well, of course, I'll be nearer Joan - but I don't have an urge to throw
stones at her! :-)

Shane
June 7, 2005 11:20:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

btw - a more up-to-date (taken yesterday) pic on the website (though the
site is no nearer finished!). If you guys want to see what these 5 years sat
in front of the computer have done to me:
http://website.lineone.net/~shanebeatson/stuff.htm. There *is* a bit of grey
in the beard. Still, I lose 10 years when I shave it off, so I guess
ultimately I'm getting younger!

Shane

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Kk5pgyaFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Cotswolds? whereabouts?
>
> Cirencester way.
>
>> - it's still one heck of a long stone-throw from here!!
>
> Yeah. I know! :-(
>
>> (You middle names aren't 'Jeff Capes', are they??)
>
> Well, of course, I'll be nearer Joan - but I don't have an urge to throw
> stones at her! :-)
>

> Shane

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:41:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

<lol> I thought it was John Lennon <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> btw - a more up-to-date (taken yesterday) pic on the website (though
> the site is no nearer finished!). If you guys want to see what these
> 5 years sat in front of the computer have done to me:
> http://website.lineone.net/~shanebeatson/stuff.htm. There *is* a bit
> of grey in the beard. Still, I lose 10 years when I shave it off, so
> I guess ultimately I'm getting younger!
>
> Shane
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:56:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Don't go inviting no stone-throwers here with dead pet cats, Blanton!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,

!