Deleting Program Remnants

Hi:

Bits and pieces of Visioneer's Paperport migrated onto my WinMe harddrive
during file transfers from a Win 95 computer to this WinMe computer. Before
the Welcome to MS screen appears, I get a warning that Paperport drivers are
not installed correctly, etc., etc. I did SEARCHES for any file that has
Visioneer, paperport and Scansoft, looked in the Registry, used the
Add/Remove from Control Panel. but with each reboot comes the Paperport
driver warning. Any other secret hiding places in order to remove remnants of
an un-needed program? I also used CCleaner to look at my system, but nothing
was found.

Thanks.

Adam
3 answers Last reply
More about deleting program remnants

    Well, if the thing's plugged in then you'd want to install the drivers.

    But if it isn't then go to

    ControlPanel/System/DeviceManager
    and delete any reference to it

    also...
    Start/Run/msconfig.exe |startup list(tab)
    might contain an unwanted starttask

    Rick

    adam wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > Bits and pieces of Visioneer's Paperport migrated onto my WinMe harddrive
    > during file transfers from a Win 95 computer to this WinMe computer. Before
    > the Welcome to MS screen appears, I get a warning that Paperport drivers are
    > not installed correctly, etc., etc. I did SEARCHES for any file that has
    > Visioneer, paperport and Scansoft, looked in the Registry, used the
    > Add/Remove from Control Panel. but with each reboot comes the Paperport
    > driver warning. Any other secret hiding places in order to remove remnants of
    > an un-needed program? I also used CCleaner to look at my system, but nothing
    > was found.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Adam

    Hi Rick:

    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The System.ini tab (and
    not the Startup List tab) had a single Paperport driver. I unchecked the box,
    rebooted, and voila!

    Thank you.

    Adam

    adam wrote:
    > Hi Rick:
    >
    > Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The System.ini tab (and
    > not the Startup List tab) had a single Paperport driver. I unchecked the box,
    > rebooted, and voila!

    Super!

    Rick

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Adam
    >
    > "Rick T" wrote:
    >

    >>Well, if the thing's plugged in then you'd want to install the drivers.
    >>
    >>But if it isn't then go to
    >>
    >>ControlPanel/System/DeviceManager
    >>and delete any reference to it
    >>
    >>also...
    >>Start/Run/msconfig.exe |startup list(tab)
    >>might contain an unwanted starttask
    >>

    >>Rick
    >>

    >>adam wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi:
    >>>
    >>>Bits and pieces of Visioneer's Paperport migrated onto my WinMe harddrive
    >>>during file transfers from a Win 95 computer to this WinMe computer. Before
    >>>the Welcome to MS screen appears, I get a warning that Paperport drivers are
    >>>not installed correctly, etc., etc. I did SEARCHES for any file that has
    >>>Visioneer, paperport and Scansoft, looked in the Registry, used the
    >>>Add/Remove from Control Panel. but with each reboot comes the Paperport
    >>>driver warning. Any other secret hiding places in order to remove remnants of
    >>>an un-needed program? I also used CCleaner to look at my system, but nothing
    >>>was found.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>Adam

Computers Visioneer Windows