Deleting Program Remnants

Adam

Hi:

Bits and pieces of Visioneer's Paperport migrated onto my WinMe harddrive
during file transfers from a Win 95 computer to this WinMe computer. Before
the Welcome to MS screen appears, I get a warning that Paperport drivers are
not installed correctly, etc., etc. I did SEARCHES for any file that has
Visioneer, paperport and Scansoft, looked in the Registry, used the
Add/Remove from Control Panel. but with each reboot comes the Paperport
driver warning. Any other secret hiding places in order to remove remnants of
an un-needed program? I also used CCleaner to look at my system, but nothing
was found.

Thanks.

Adam

Well, if the thing's plugged in then you'd want to install the drivers.

But if it isn't then go to

ControlPanel/System/DeviceManager
and delete any reference to it

also...
Start/Run/msconfig.exe |startup list(tab)
might contain an unwanted starttask

Rick

adam wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Bits and pieces of Visioneer's Paperport migrated onto my WinMe harddrive
> during file transfers from a Win 95 computer to this WinMe computer. Before
> the Welcome to MS screen appears, I get a warning that Paperport drivers are
> not installed correctly, etc., etc. I did SEARCHES for any file that has
> Visioneer, paperport and Scansoft, looked in the Registry, used the
> Add/Remove from Control Panel. but with each reboot comes the Paperport
> driver warning. Any other secret hiding places in order to remove remnants of
> an un-needed program? I also used CCleaner to look at my system, but nothing
> was found.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

Adam

Hi Rick:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The System.ini tab (and
not the Startup List tab) had a single Paperport driver. I unchecked the box,
rebooted, and voila!

Thank you.

Adam

adam wrote:
> Hi Rick:
>
> Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The System.ini tab (and
> not the Startup List tab) had a single Paperport driver. I unchecked the box,
> rebooted, and voila!

Super!

Rick