blue screen error

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

When i restart my computer i get the following message:
OE: 016F: BFF7834F
Many thanks.

See if anything here helps.
Joan

http://www.aumha.org/kberrmsg.htm

"ERROR: OE" or "ERROR: OD"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308366

How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages [Q149962]
http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q149962

Here's a whole page on Windows Protection Errors, with a description, some
key general articles for approaching them, and many articles focusing on
specific situations: http://aumha.org/win4/kbewpe.htm

"How to Examine Detailed Error Messages in Windows Millennium Edition"
;264938]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];264938

Sandy wrote:
> When i restart my computer i get the following message:
> OE: 016F: BFF7834F
> Many thanks.

What changes have recently been made to your system? For example have you
changed video or sound drivers since such errors are often a sign of
driver problems, especially video drivers? Can you boot into Safe Mode?
If so you may then want to try using system restore to roll your system
back to the state it was in before these problem started provided that
that was not more than just a few days ago.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Sandy <sandalwoodbythebay@rogers.com> wrote:

> When i restart my computer i get the following message:
> OE: 016F: BFF7834F
> Many thanks.

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

The only change I have made was to uninstall Nav and install AVG as per ur
suggestion Mike. Since uninstalling AVG I have not had any problems so there
is a conflict somewhere. Perhaps its with my firewall program. I use
Outpost.
> What changes have recently been made to your system? For example have you
> changed video or sound drivers since such errors are often a sign of
> driver problems, especially video drivers? Can you boot into Safe Mode?
> If so you may then want to try using system restore to roll your system
> back to the state it was in before these problem started provided that
> that was not more than just a few days ago.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Sandy <sandalwoodbythebay@rogers.com> wrote:
>
> > When i restart my computer i get the following message:
> > OE: 016F: BFF7834F
> > Many thanks.

Following on from Mike's suggestion - KB article no. 304555 mentions a Blue
screen error OE: 016F..... and goes on to suggest possible video driver
issues. May not be the cause in your case, of course, but...

As Mike already asked, "Can you boot into Safe Mode?"

Might also be worth 'Removing' and re-installing your video drivers.

Mart