Real men fly little planes...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 15, 2005 8:53:51 AM

Quote for the day:

"A copilot during serious instrument flight is a necessity - not required by
regulation, but without a doubt, flying instruments without a copilot is a
very tough job. I've flown small aircraft in serious weather, on
instruments, alone and it's much more difficult than flying a 747 with a
crew."

-- Robert N. Buck, retired TWA captain, Weather Flying, pages 91 and 102

More about : real men fly planes

February 15, 2005 11:18:48 AM

God is my co-pilot...(I didn't make that up). In view of this, I have no
problems with the instruments...my No. 1 just changes the weather : )

Arthur

news:p 7gQd.777$IU.303@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Quote for the day:
>
> "A copilot during serious instrument flight is a necessity - not required
> by
> regulation, but without a doubt, flying instruments without a copilot is a
> very tough job. I've flown small aircraft in serious weather, on
> instruments, alone and it's much more difficult than flying a 747 with a
> crew."
>
> -- Robert N. Buck, retired TWA captain, Weather Flying, pages 91 and 102

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:11:01 PM

Dallas <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

> "A copilot during serious instrument flight is a necessity - not required by
> regulation, but without a doubt, flying instruments without a copilot is a
> very tough job. I've flown small aircraft in serious weather, on
> instruments, alone and it's much more difficult than flying a 747 with a
> crew."

That's why the avionics gods made dual-axis autopilots.

--
Peter

February 15, 2005 2:36:53 PM

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote :

> "A copilot during serious instrument flight is a necessity - not required
> by
> regulation, but without a doubt, flying instruments without a copilot is a
> very tough job. I've flown small aircraft in serious weather, on
> instruments, alone and it's much more difficult than flying a 747 with a
> crew."
>
> -- Robert N. Buck, retired TWA captain, Weather Flying, pages 91 and 102

Try to play flight simulator online with ivao or vatsim without your crew,
Robert, then after you first succesfull land and parking at gates
you uniform guys come here talk to us ;)
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:04:34 PM

Underworld Are my co-pilot, they give me great tunes while bezzing around
the skies

--
www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
news:p 7gQd.777$IU.303@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Quote for the day:
>
> "A copilot during serious instrument flight is a necessity - not required
> by
> regulation, but without a doubt, flying instruments without a copilot is a
> very tough job. I've flown small aircraft in serious weather, on
> instruments, alone and it's much more difficult than flying a 747 with a
> crew."
>
> -- Robert N. Buck, retired TWA captain, Weather Flying, pages 91 and 102

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:24:11 AM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:18:48 -0500, Arthur wrote:

> God is my co-pilot...(I didn't make that up).

That line was also used in the movie The Cannonball Run.

Scene: Dean Martin and Sammi Davis Jr. are dressed up as priests, they're
juiced up themselves, driving a red Ferrari 288 GTO (I think it was a 288
GTO).

Sammi: "God is our co-pilot."
Dean: "God is our co-pilot? Remember our car? It's got two seats! Where's
He gonna sit?"

:-)

--

Marcel
(If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to

"Marcel Kuijper"
> That line was also used in the movie The Cannonball Run.

So... that's your idea of intellectual stimulation, Cannonball Run? ;-P

I believe the original was:
http://www.philipahn.com/gimc.html

Dallas
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:24:12 AM

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:18:48 -0500, Arthur wrote:
>

>>God is my co-pilot...(I didn't make that up).
>

> That line was also used in the movie The Cannonball Run.
>
> Scene: Dean Martin and Sammi Davis Jr. are dressed up as priests, they're
> juiced up themselves, driving a red Ferrari 288 GTO (I think it was a 288
> GTO).
>
> Sammi: "God is our co-pilot."
> Dean: "God is our co-pilot? Remember our car? It's got two seats! Where's
> He gonna sit?"
>
> :-)

You kids don't remember that that phrase not only was in a movie- it was
the name of a very well known WW2 movie (and book) in the forties.

Perk (:>)

--
NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
To respond to me personally please use the following :

Hi Dallas,

QED.

Regards,
John Ward
news:p 7gQd.777$IU.303@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Quote for the day:
>
> "A copilot during serious instrument flight is a necessity - not required
by
> regulation, but without a doubt, flying instruments without a copilot is a
> very tough job. I've flown small aircraft in serious weather, on
> instruments, alone and it's much more difficult than flying a 747 with a
> crew."
>
> -- Robert N. Buck, retired TWA captain, Weather Flying, pages 91 and 102

February 16, 2005 12:30:40 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:18:48 -0500, Arthur wrote:

> God is my co-pilot...(I didn't make that up). In view of this, I have no
> problems with the instruments...my No. 1 just changes the weather : )
>
> Arthur

How true is that? :D

--
Jafar Calley
Livewire. The World's biggest VA.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:18:48 -0500, Arthur wrote:

> God is my co-pilot...(I didn't make that up)

"God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat
Him."

I didn't make this one up either, just remember it from a humanist/atheist
website somewhere!

Brian
!