defrag

figaro

I have just uninstalled Norton antivirus and installed zone alarm anti virus
and firewall. Now when I try to defrag with the windows defrager it goes a
while then says disc information has changed or something to that effect then
starts over again. It keeps doing this. When I try the norton utilities
defrager the same thing happens- just keeps starting over and over. Any ideas
why? Thanks

yup, you have something running that is writing, or attempting to write, to
disk. Easiest solution would be to boot into the Safe Mode and perform your
defrag from there.
Heirloom, old and the new Sony cd-dvd +-RW is
working fine