keyboard stops working

i ran aprogram called x-setup and shortly after, my keyboard stopped working.
now iam using a virtual keyboard. i can clear the cmos and it will work
again for a couple of hours, then stop again. resetting the cmos is the only
thing that fixes the problem. does anyone have any ideas\ when i ran
x-setup i went through some wizards bt i didn't change anything. ican be
more specific if necessary. i scanned for viruses and spyware-nothing. my
sys restore was off, so i can't go back before.

If you mean JV16 power tools X-Setup, that's a pretty decent program, so
you should post your problems on their boards.

If that isn't an option (ie: you're using the older freeware XTeq) then
give a shot at the following:

- open up ControlPanel/System/DeviceManager and delete the entry for
keyboard. Restart Windows (should detect the "New Hardware" and
reinstall the proper driver)

Rick