activesky fs2002

Last response: in Video Games
February 15, 2005 10:51:26 PM

I am running fs2k2 with activesky, and there is an interesting difference
between AS and FS real weather.... althought AS shows far better wind speeds
and better looking clouds, MSFS shows the actual cloud cover far
better...... i was wondering if AS is not getting a very good weather
report, for my area(Christchurch NZ).

e.g. pouring with rain in RL with total cloud cover, FS with AS pouring with
rain but only a few lone clouds around..... dump AS, load MSFS real weather
i get some rain but lots of cloud cover.... anyone had a similar bug??

cheers Paul

More about : activesky fs2002

February 15, 2005 10:51:27 PM

"Paul R"
> I am running fs2k2 with activesky

Quote from HiFi's website: ActiveSky2004.5 is made exclusively for FS2004

:-/

Dallas
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:51:27 PM

Paul R <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I am running fs2k2 with activesky, and there is an interesting difference
> between AS and FS real weather.... althought AS shows far better wind speeds
> and better looking clouds, MSFS shows the actual cloud cover far
> better...... i was wondering if AS is not getting a very good weather
> report, for my area(Christchurch NZ).

Compliment ActiveSky with FSW's Sky World. This free utility provides
alternate, better looking cloud textures and a front end interface that
makes it very easy to switch between cloud textures (done before launching
FS2002).

Get it here (click the "Download" link, then look for the FS2002 download
section for the appropriate version of Sky World. Get its patch, too,
which is also there):

http://fsw.simflight.com/

--
Peter

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 2:23:25 AM

aaahhhh but running 1.5 downloaded from AVsims fs2k2 util area:-)

> "Paul R"
> > I am running fs2k2 with activesky
>
> Quote from HiFi's website: ActiveSky2004.5 is made exclusively for FS2004
>
> :-/
>
> Dallas

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 12:38:11 AM

thanx i'll check it out now
"pr" <nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Paul R <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > I am running fs2k2 with activesky, and there is an interesting
difference
> > between AS and FS real weather.... althought AS shows far better wind
speeds
> > and better looking clouds, MSFS shows the actual cloud cover far
> > better...... i was wondering if AS is not getting a very good weather
> > report, for my area(Christchurch NZ).
>
> Compliment ActiveSky with FSW's Sky World. This free utility provides
> alternate, better looking cloud textures and a front end interface that
> makes it very easy to switch between cloud textures (done before launching
> FS2002).
>
> Get it here (click the "Download" link, then look for the FS2002 download
> section for the appropriate version of Sky World. Get its patch, too,
> which is also there):
>
> http://fsw.simflight.com/
>

> --
> Peter