Canon PIXMA ip3000 "Cassette" ?

Can anyone who has one of these printers tell me ...

Is there a paper cartridge for loading the paper at the back of the
printer unity ?

I see it mentioned in the documentation but mine did not include it.

--
Howard
8 answers Last reply

    "Howard9" <notreal@all.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone who has one of these printers tell me ...
    >
    > Is there a paper cartridge for loading the paper at the back of the
    > printer unity ?
    >
    > I see it mentioned in the documentation but mine did not include it.

    It has a top load sheet feed or front load cassette

    Howard9 wrote:

    >Is there a paper cartridge for loading the paper at the back of the
    >printer unity ?
    >I see it mentioned in the documentation but mine did not include it.

    I don't have one, but I've seen them in the stores. From what I can
    gather, the back just flips open and paper rests in the vertical tray
    that you pull out. A "cartridge" for holding paper is only on the front
    of the unit.

    In article <2bednRxeCfgzUs3cRVn-vA@golden.net>, bill@c.a says...
    > Howard9 wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a paper cartridge for loading the paper at the back of the
    > >printer unity ?
    > >I see it mentioned in the documentation but mine did not include it.
    >
    > I don't have one, but I've seen them in the stores. From what I can
    > gather, the back just flips open and paper rests in the vertical tray
    > that you pull out. A "cartridge" for holding paper is only on the front
    > of the unit.

    Sorry Guys.. Bill and PC Medic... but.....

    I am looking at my grey ip3000 right now and the box has three opening
    apertures:

    The from opens and slides out like other printers to allow outputted
    printed paper to lie.

    The top aperture flips open and allows the normal paper input to sit
    upright against the opened door with no extra fittings.

    The back flips open with a small door incorporating the black curved
    reversing mechanism that enables the duplex printing... but there is no
    extendable or adjustable element to allow the paper to sit on it.

    This is the problem. The literature mentions a "Cassette"....???

    --
    Howard

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:39:21 +0100, Howard9 wrote:
    > In article <2bednRxeCfgzUs3cRVn-vA@golden.net>, bill@c.a says...
    > Sorry Guys.. Bill and PC Medic... but.....
    >
    > I am looking at my grey ip3000 right now and the box has three opening
    > apertures:
    >
    > The from opens and slides out like other printers to allow outputted
    > printed paper to lie.

    Maybe you confuse the sliding out with the cassette?
    The cassette is below.
    Did you oversee the cover on the cassette?

    There's a quick start guide on
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=357&modelid=10238#New%20Window

    .... which should be included for your model as well (this or similiar).
    Page 3 names how to load paper,
    Page 8 shows how to load the Cassette.

    Did you ever check the manuals?

    Regards
    Martin

    On 22 Sep 2004 12:57:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann wrote:
    > Did you ever check the manuals?

    There's a short two-page manual that shows loading the cassette -
    according to Canon it's included for your printer.

    It's interesting to compare the crippled US version and a document that
    shows the uncrippled version

    e.g. ip3000cdrguide_en.pdf, which is available via www.canon.com.au

    There you can see where the CDR tray slides in.

    Regards
    Martin

    In article <slrncl2tla.qfl.t-use@ID-685.user.individual.de>, t-
    use@gmx.net says...
    > On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:39:21 +0100, Howard9 wrote:
    > > In article <2bednRxeCfgzUs3cRVn-vA@golden.net>, bill@c.a says...
    > > Sorry Guys.. Bill and PC Medic... but.....
    > >
    > > I am looking at my grey ip3000 right now and the box has three opening
    > > apertures:
    > >
    > > The from opens and slides out like other printers to allow outputted
    > > printed paper to lie.
    >
    > Maybe you confuse the sliding out with the cassette?
    > The cassette is below.
    > Did you oversee the cover on the cassette?
    >
    > There's a quick start guide on
    > http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=357&modelid=10238#New%20Window
    >
    > ... which should be included for your model as well (this or similiar).
    > Page 3 names how to load paper,
    > Page 8 shows how to load the Cassette.
    >
    > Did you ever check the manuals?

    BINGO Martin.

    Did I check the manuals... ? well.. I read all of the Help files that
    installed automatically and I read through every page of the hard copy
    Quick Start Guide and other materials...

    Admittedly I did not know there was PDF version online - I assumed that
    it would have been included in my installation - I apologise if that was
    dumb of me after all these years.... :-)

    Anyways......... I got the PDF version of the QuickStart Manual at the
    above link and found the instruction. Thanks for going to such trouble.

    As you said (!) it is in FRONT - I was completely confused by this as I
    am not familiar with this kind of setup - I apologise again :)

    So my problem is completely (touch wood) solved and I thank you and Bill
    and PCMedic.

    THANK A LOT GUYS !!

    --
    Howard

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:57:35 +0100, Howard9 wrote:
    > So my problem is completely (touch wood) solved and I thank you and Bill
    > and PCMedic.
    >
    > THANK A LOT GUYS !!

    You're welcome :-)
    Martin

    > In article <2bednRxeCfgzUs3cRVn-vA@golden.net>, bill@c.a says...
    >> Howard9 wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is there a paper cartridge for loading the paper at the back of the
    >> >printer unity ?
    >> >I see it mentioned in the documentation but mine did not include it.
    >>
    >> I don't have one, but I've seen them in the stores. From what I can
    >> gather, the back just flips open and paper rests in the vertical tray
    >> that you pull out. A "cartridge" for holding paper is only on the front
    >> of the unit.
    >>
    > Sorry Guys.. Bill and PC Medic... but.....
    >
    > I am looking at my grey ip3000 right now and the box has three opening
    > apertures:
    >
    > The from opens and slides out like other printers to allow outputted
    > printed paper to lie.

    Look just below this flip down door (before you open it)

    > The top aperture flips open and allows the normal paper input to sit
    > upright against the opened door with no extra fittings.
    >
    > The back flips open with a small door incorporating the black curved
    > reversing mechanism that enables the duplex printing... but there is no
    > extendable or adjustable element to allow the paper to sit on it.

    This back door you refer to is simply to clear a paper jam (should one
    occur) in the duplexing unit.

Printers Pixma Canon Peripherals