cannot find rundll32.exe

Hi,
Whenever I try to right clic on my desktop and select properties i get
" Windows cannot find rundll32.exe " similar is the response when i try
"add remove programs " from my control panel, I have already tried
extracting it from windows XP dump. ( I am using windows XP
Professional .. SP1 ).
i tried e:\i386> extract rundll32.ex_ c:\winnt\system32\rundll32.exe
.... and rebooted but dint help ... PLZ SUGGEST !!
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot find rundll32

    Suggest you ask in a more appropriate newsgroup - this one is for Windows
    Millennium Edition questions.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    From: "rookie" <kingdelhi@gmail.com>

    | Hi,
    | Whenever I try to right clic on my desktop and select properties i get
    | " Windows cannot find rundll32.exe " similar is the response when i try
    | "add remove programs " from my control panel, I have already tried
    | extracting it from windows XP dump. ( I am using windows XP
    | Professional .. SP1 ).
    | i tried e:\i386> extract rundll32.ex_ c:\winnt\system32\rundll32.exe
    | ... and rebooted but dint help ... PLZ SUGGEST !!

    As Noel indicated, Windows XP questions should NOT be asked in a Windows Millenium News
    Group.

    However...
    I found RUNDLL32.EXE in both 'c:\winnt' and 'c:\winnt\system32' in addition you use the
    EXPAND is a better utility to use than the EXTRACT utility.

    expand e:\i386\rundll32.ex_ %windir%\rundll32.exe
    expand e:\i386\rundll32.ex_ %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe

    In addition, you should be running Windows XP SP2 !

    In the future don't use Google. Use a News Client such as Outlook Express to access News
    Group as it it is FAR superior in capabilities. Also post in the appropriate News Group
    associated with your query.

    The following URL will take your default News Client to the Windows XP News Group where this
    should have been posted in the first place.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Control Panel Rundll32 Microsoft Windows