Boot menu problem

A friend's computer always boots to a menu of Normal Mode, Safe Mode, Logged
Mode, etc. (something like that). Someone changed something to make it do
this and he's gone now. How can we make it just boot to normal Win ME and
skip this menu? I couldn't find anything in the BIOS setup screens.

thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about boot menu problem

    Open MSConfig (Start, Run, enter MSConfig in the box and click OK), click
    the General tab and then click the Advanced button and uncheck the box
    "Enable Start Menu". Now Apply and OK out. Now on rebooting you
    shouldn't see the boot menu.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    wheat66 <wheat66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > A friend's computer always boots to a menu of Normal Mode, Safe
    > Mode, Logged Mode, etc. (something like that). Someone changed
    > something to make it do this and he's gone now. How can we make it
    > just boot to normal Win ME and skip this menu? I couldn't find
    > anything in the BIOS setup screens.
    >
    > thanks.

Boot Microsoft Windows