Safe Mode Boot issue

My pc is booting in safe mode all the time I have not changed or added any
new hardware/software. I have tried to restore from last known good config. I
have also tried all on this link :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273738#XSLTH3157121123120121120120

It is a 633is e machine. I need to get this back to normal boot mode fast.

I do not want to format and reinstall as I will loose alot. Someone please
help me.

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about safe mode boot issue

    This won't be the answer to the problem, but it may suit you. Run
    "msconfig." Press the Advanced tab at the lower right and then check
    "Enable startup menu." Now when you boot up you will get a menu giving you
    the options of going to Normal mode, Safe Mode, etc. Actually, I use this
    as I have trouble getting into Safe Mode otherwise and it only takes a sec
    to press "Enter" when Normal mode (the default mode) is highlighted. If you
    do nothing, the puter will go to Normal mode in 30 seconds.
    "Rob_Safe" <Rob_Safe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My pc is booting in safe mode all the time I have not changed or added any
    > new hardware/software. I have tried to restore from last known good
    config. I
    > have also tried all on this link :

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273738#XSLTH3157121123120121120120

    > It is a 633is e machine. I need to get this back to normal boot mode fast.
    >
    > I do not want to format and reinstall as I will loose alot. Someone please
    > help me.
    >
    > Thanks

    Rob
    I'm confused (not unusual, I know) - you say you're running ME, but ME has
    no such thing as a 'Last known good configuration' boot option - this is
    only present in Windows 2K and Windows XP!

    Which version do you have??

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Rob_Safe" <Rob_Safe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My pc is booting in safe mode all the time I have not changed or added any
    > new hardware/software. I have tried to restore from last known good
    > config. I
    > have also tried all on this link :
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273738#XSLTH3157121123120121120120
    >
    > It is a 633is e machine. I need to get this back to normal boot mode fast.
    >
    > I do not want to format and reinstall as I will loose alot. Someone please
    > help me.
    >
    > Thanks

    I have windows Me. I just got confused I did a restore. No luck.

    Help

    "Noel Paton" wrote:

    > Rob
    > I'm confused (not unusual, I know) - you say you're running ME, but ME has
    > no such thing as a 'Last known good configuration' boot option - this is
    > only present in Windows 2K and Windows XP!
    >
    > Which version do you have??
    >

    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Rob_Safe" <Rob_Safe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My pc is booting in safe mode all the time I have not changed or added any
    > > new hardware/software. I have tried to restore from last known good
    > > config. I
    > > have also tried all on this link :
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273738#XSLTH3157121123120121120120
    > >
    > > It is a 633is e machine. I need to get this back to normal boot mode fast.
    > >
    > > I do not want to format and reinstall as I will loose alot. Someone please
    > > help me.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    This article refers to Windows 98, but applies to ME also.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q306615/

    "Rob_Safe" <Rob_Safe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB5B2071-F1D1-4A93-A612-95962588C8FB@microsoft.com...
    > My pc is booting in safe mode all the time I have not changed or added any
    > new hardware/software. I have tried to restore from last known good config. I
    > have also tried all on this link :
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273738#XSLTH3157121123120121120120
    >
    > It is a 633is e machine. I need to get this back to normal boot mode fast.
    >
    > I do not want to format and reinstall as I will loose alot. Someone please
    > help me.
    >
    > Thanks

    As Bill says, try looking in the msdos.sys file for a line "BootSafe=1" - if
    it's not there, then that's not your problem and we need to look elsewhere
    (try looking in Device Manager while in Safe Mode - are any devices
    duplicated? are any flagged with errors??).

    --

    Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost on how to post messages to NG's

    Someone <someone@comcast.net> wrote:

    > This won't be the answer to the problem, but it may suit you. Run
    > "msconfig." Press the Advanced tab at the lower right and then check
    > "Enable startup menu." Now when you boot up you will get a menu
    > giving you the options of going to Normal mode, Safe Mode, etc.
    > Actually, I use this as I have trouble getting into Safe Mode
    > otherwise and it only takes a sec to press "Enter" when Normal mode
    > (the default mode) is highlighted. If you do nothing, the puter will
    > go to Normal mode in 30 seconds. "Rob_Safe"

    If you would prefer to have a shorter time interval before booting into
    the default mode such as say 5 seconds rather than 30 add the line
    BootMenuDelay=5
    to the [Options] section of the file msdos.sys
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

Safe Mode Boot Windows