Windows explorer folder tree

My folder tree (left pane) in Windows explorer has disappeared. Does anyone
know how to restore it?
Background to this is a clear out of start-up programs after persistant "low
system resources" messages. What have I removed that I shouldn't have done
and how do I put it back.
TIA for any advice
Mag
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer folder tree

    Explorer's Folder View:

    This particular problem is often the result of a damaged IE (usually IE6)
    install or update, usually caused by doing so with either Norton or McAfee
    AV running at the time. Yes I do realise you are talking about Windows
    Explorer rather than Internet Explorer but the two are linked.

    The first thing to try is to re-register the file shdocvw.dll. Do this by
    typing the following command in the Run box (Start | Run)
    REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW.DLL
    and then click OK

    If that doesn't fix the problem then try repairing IE. Do this using
    Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and highlight Microsoft Internet
    Explorer, click Add/Remove and then on the next screen select "Repair
    Internet Explorer" and then OK.

    If you don't have an entry for Microsoft Internet Explorer but rather it
    reads something like Internet Explorer Q?????? don't worry. This is
    because you have installed a cumulative update for Internet Explorer. You
    will need to uninstall the update, then go back into Add/Remove Programs,
    look again for Microsoft Internet Explorer, repair it and then reinstall
    the latest cumulative update.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Magnus <Magnus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > My folder tree (left pane) in Windows explorer has disappeared. Does
    > anyone know how to restore it?
    > Background to this is a clear out of start-up programs after
    > persistant "low system resources" messages. What have I removed that
    > I shouldn't have done and how do I put it back.
    > TIA for any advice
    > Mag

    Thanks Mike - I'll try that

    "Magnus" wrote:

    > My folder tree (left pane) in Windows explorer has disappeared. Does anyone
    > know how to restore it?
    > Background to this is a clear out of start-up programs after persistant "low
    > system resources" messages. What have I removed that I shouldn't have done
    > and how do I put it back.
    > TIA for any advice
    > Mag

Windows Explorer Microsoft Windows