saving passwords?

When visiting websites I am a member of, I use to be able to just click OK
and log into the members area without having to type my username and password
because I checked the box that says, "save this password in your password
list" in the enter network password pop-up screen, but now for some odd
reason(s) everytime I want to log into these websites I have to type and
retype my username and password. This is a real hastle since I've never had
to enter a username or password for so long. I guess I've gotten lazy, but I
don't know what's wrong, can anyone help?

Hi,
Were login boxes popping up? Was Autocomplete filling in the name and
password for you? Or, was it the case, at these sites, that you stayed
logged in if you didn't deliberately log out?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"ptl2003" wrote in message
> When visiting websites I am a member of, I use to be able to just click OK
> and log into the members area without having to type my username and
password
> because I checked the box that says, "save this password in your password
> list" in the enter network password pop-up screen, but now for some odd
> reason(s) everytime I want to log into these websites I have to type and
> retype my username and password. This is a real hastle since I've never
had
> to enter a username or password for so long. I guess I've gotten lazy, but
> don't know what's wrong, can anyone help?

The enter network password box would pop up, I would enter my username and
password and check the box that says "save this password in your password
list" so that the next time I visit the website I don't have to enter my
username and password again, but the last few days my log in info aren't
saved I would have to type and retype the username and password even though I

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Were login boxes popping up? Was Autocomplete filling in the name and
> password for you? Or, was it the case, at these sites, that you stayed
> logged in if you didn't deliberately log out?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE/OE]
>
> "ptl2003" wrote in message
> > When visiting websites I am a member of, I use to be able to just click OK
> > and log into the members area without having to type my username and
> password
> > because I checked the box that says, "save this password in your password
> > list" in the enter network password pop-up screen, but now for some odd
> > reason(s) everytime I want to log into these websites I have to type and
> > retype my username and password. This is a real hastle since I've never
> had
> > to enter a username or password for so long. I guess I've gotten lazy, but
> > don't know what's wrong, can anyone help?

Hi,
I was wondering if this was a cookies problem. Sites like EBay , Yahoo, etc
have an option to keep you logged in unless you deliberately log out. This
doesn't sound like that situation, but check your cookies folder to make
sure that cookies are being kept and updated.

Run Protected Storage PassView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html to
recover all cached passwords. Save as a text file. Go to Internet Options>
Content> Autocomplete and clear all passwords.

If that doesn't work, with no programs open,
Run REGEDIT and make your way to this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft Internet Explorer
IntelliForms
SPW
Export that key (Registry> Export- just in case you wish to undo the
change) then delete it- just the SPW key.
Restart the computer.

Another possibility... are you logging in to Windows? It isn't necessary
with WinME, but it is necessary for Autocomplete to work. To check this, are
your cookies listed as your_name@somesite.com or as anyuser@somesite.com?

Help with establishing a login:
152104 - How to Prevent a Logon Prompt at Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152104

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"ptl2003" wrote in message
> The enter network password box would pop up, I would enter my username and
> password and check the box that says "save this password in your password
> list" so that the next time I visit the website I don't have to enter my
> username and password again, but the last few days my log in info aren't
> saved I would have to type and retype the username and password even
though I
> checked the box that says "save this password in your password list".

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
> > Were login boxes popping up? Was Autocomplete filling in the name and
> > password for you? Or, was it the case, at these sites, that you stayed
> > logged in if you didn't deliberately log out?

> > "ptl2003" wrote in message
> > > When visiting websites I am a member of, I use to be able to just
click OK
> > > and log into the members area without having to type my username and
> > password
> > > because I checked the box that says, "save this password in your
password
> > > list" in the enter network password pop-up screen, but now for some
odd
> > > reason(s) everytime I want to log into these websites I have to type
and
> > > retype my username and password. This is a real hastle since I've
never
> > had
> > > to enter a username or password for so long. I guess I've gotten lazy,
but
> > > I don't know what's wrong, can anyone help?

Using Firefox by any chance ?

Rick