Add-Aware update or upgrade??

I'm using SE1R49 31.05.3005, Core application: 1.05 Pers.

When I click on the "check for updates now" I'm told there is an upgrade to
1.06 available. When going onto the site its not clear
if this is a free update to 1.05 or an upgrade independant to 1.05??
Paul
--
cogito ergo sum

Just go to lavasoft (http://www.lavasoft.de/ ) and download 1.06. Then
install it.

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm using SE1R49 31.05.3005, Core application: 1.05 Pers.
>
> When I click on the "check for updates now" I'm told there is an upgrade
> 1.06 available. When going onto the site its not clear
> if this is a free update to 1.05 or an upgrade independant to 1.05??
> Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum

hi there
i uninst. the old ver.,then ins. the new one......beware the auto skin
changer mode, it froze me up.....works fine with manually ins. skins.....ins
last wk, great so far.....bob

"PAT (Paul)" wrote:

> I'm using SE1R49 31.05.3005, Core application: 1.05 Pers.
>
> When I click on the "check for updates now" I'm told there is an upgrade to
> 1.06 available. When going onto the site its not clear
> if this is a free update to 1.05 or an upgrade independant to 1.05??
> Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All Ad-Aware updates are free.

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm using SE1R49 31.05.3005, Core application: 1.05 Pers.
>
> When I click on the "check for updates now" I'm told there is an upgrade
> 1.06 available. When going onto the site its not clear
> if this is a free update to 1.05 or an upgrade independant to 1.05??
> Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum

The definitions updates are free, Jerry, but the "upgrade" is not. It will
cost you $24.95.
The link which points you to the Ad-Aware download site tells you so.
The updating to build 1.06 can be done from their website, as has been
mentioned already.
And that, of course, is free also.
Any difficulties with the download site must be delt with individually and
may involve contacting the site itself or Lavasoft, for that matter.

Harry.

> All Ad-Aware updates are free.
>
> "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I'm using SE1R49 31.05.3005, Core application: 1.05 Pers.
> >
> > When I click on the "check for updates now" I'm told there is an upgrade
> > 1.06 available. When going onto the site its not clear
> > if this is a free update to 1.05 or an upgrade independant to 1.05??
> > Paul
> > --
> > cogito ergo sum

Paul:

When you get to their website, click on "Downloads" under "Resources" in the
menu on the left.
That will take you right to where you want to be and make the appropriate
choices.

Harry.

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm using SE1R49 31.05.3005, Core application: 1.05 Pers.
>
> When I click on the "check for updates now" I'm told there is an upgrade
> 1.06 available. When going onto the site its not clear
> if this is a free update to 1.05 or an upgrade independant to 1.05??
> Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum

Just so there is no misunderstanding.

Lavasoft.de is still offering a free version of Ad-aware 1.06r1, available
in the USA through DownLoad.com.
The ongoing signature updates are free, also.
This version is running just fine here under WinME.

There are several versions of Ad-aware, so read carefully.
The Ad-aware Plus version, which offers real-time, active malware
protection, and other features, costs $US 24.95, as Harry mentioned.
IMO, this is a real bargain for the casual user.
In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------