spybot time out

I tried updating defs today and keep getting an error message that the
connection timed out. I then tried to access the Spybot home page and
got the same message. I am using v.1.4. Anyone else with this problem?

richard kelly wrote:
> I tried updating defs today and keep getting an error message that the
> connection timed out. I then tried to access the Spybot home page and
> got the same message. I am using v.1.4. Anyone else with this problem?

No problem downloading (2005-06-10 from Safer Networking #2 Europe); I'm
using 1.3... how do I get 1.4 ?

Rick

I got mine here: security.kolla.de/
But, as I said, I am unable to access that site today, nor can I get
into safer-networking for a mirror site. Maybe you will be luckier.

Rick T wrote:
> richard kelly wrote:
>
>> I tried updating defs today and keep getting an error message that the
>> connection timed out. I then tried to access the Spybot home page and
>> got the same message. I am using v.1.4. Anyone else with this problem?
>

> No problem downloading (2005-06-10 from Safer Networking #2 Europe); I'm
> using 1.3... how do I get 1.4 ?
>

> Rick

I am having the same problem. I just downloaded and tried to install Spybot
on a new computer but I can't connect to the web site to get the latest
update. I tried to go to the home page and couldn't do that either. I will
try tomorrow..

"richard kelly" wrote:
>I tried updating defs today and keep getting an error message that the connection
>timed out. I then tried to access the Spybot home page and got the same message. I
>am using v.1.4. Anyone else with this problem?

Yes, me and many others - it's a server issue that the SpyBot folks are trying
to fix since it's causing erroneous error messages and much user distress.

Post back to this thread if your issue continues.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

I had no trouble DL'ing Spybot 1.4 setup file, installing it, obtaining the
latest signatures, and immunizing against 1995 problems today.

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------

"Jack E Martinelli" wrote:
>I had no trouble DL'ing Spybot 1.4 setup file, installing it, obtaining the
> latest signatures, and immunizing against 1995 problems today.

The server issue appears to have been cleared, SpyBot is now showing
updates, such as the ~Beta Reference File and the Skins for color-blind
folks. Case Closed :)

Silj