menus change too quickly

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 12, 2005 8:07:55 PM

When I click on the start menu and attempt to slide the cursor to an item
nested down in the menu, the menu changes so quickly that I often cannot get
to the item. I need a short delay, like I have in Windows 2000.

The same applies to the taskbar My Documents folder.

More about : menus change quickly

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:25:33 PM

ShowMenuDelay

> > > Navigate to: HKEY CURRENT USER\Control Panel\Desktop
> > >
> > > Look in the right pane for a value called MenuShowDelay. This should
> > be set to about 400. Double click MenuShowDelay and set the value to
> > about 100, or lower if you prefer. If the value doesn't exist, right
click
> > in the right pane and select New, String value. Name it MenuShowDelay.
> > Adjust it per the instructions above.
> > >
> > > If you have TweakUI installed, you can adjust this from the Mouse
> > > section, as well.
> > > --
> > > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
> > > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes