menus change too quickly

When I click on the start menu and attempt to slide the cursor to an item
nested down in the menu, the menu changes so quickly that I often cannot get
to the item. I need a short delay, like I have in Windows 2000.

The same applies to the taskbar My Documents folder.
1 answer Last reply
More about menus change quickly

    ShowMenuDelay

    > > > Navigate to: HKEY CURRENT USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    > > >
    > > > Look in the right pane for a value called MenuShowDelay. This should
    > > be set to about 400. Double click MenuShowDelay and set the value to
    > > about 100, or lower if you prefer. If the value doesn't exist, right
    click
    > > in the right pane and select New, String value. Name it MenuShowDelay.
    > > Adjust it per the instructions above.
    > > >
    > > > If you have TweakUI installed, you can adjust this from the Mouse
    > > > section, as well.
    > > > --
    > > > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
    > > > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > > > http://www.dougknox.com
    > > > -------

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "Walterius" <noway@nohow.nowhere> wrote in message
    > When I click on the start menu and attempt to slide the cursor to an item
    > nested down in the menu, the menu changes so quickly that I often cannot
    get
    > to the item. I need a short delay, like I have in Windows 2000.
    >
    > The same applies to the taskbar My Documents folder.

Windows