FS2004 Crashing

Last response: in Video Games
February 15, 2005 12:56:52 PM

When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. etc...).

>From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
games seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 1800
512MB
ATI 9600
DirectX 9c

More about : fs2004 crashing

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:28:53 AM

Have you installed the FS9 upgrade yet?

Bill

Windows 2000
AMD 1200
386MB
GeForce MX400
DirectX 9c

Date: 15 Feb 2005 09:56:52 -0800

When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. etc...).

>From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
games seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 1800
512MB
ATI 9600