FS2004 Crashing

When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. etc...).

>From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
games seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 1800
512MB
ATI 9600
DirectX 9c
2 answers Last reply
More about fs2004 crashing

    Have you installed the FS9 upgrade yet?

    Bill

    Windows 2000
    AMD 1200
    386MB
    GeForce MX400
    DirectX 9c

    Date: 15 Feb 2005 09:56:52 -0800

    When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
    screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
    eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
    an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
    may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
    display messages from a remote computer. etc...).

    >From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
    drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
    since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
    reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
    games seem to work fine.

    Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.

    Windows XP
    AMD Athlon 1800
    512MB
    ATI 9600
    DirectX 9c

    Did you turn DAC Snoop off in BIOS?

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "slunk" <slunkster@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1108490212.463619.162740@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
    > screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
    > eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
    > an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
    > Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
    > may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
    > display messages from a remote computer. etc...).
    >
    >>From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
    > drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
    > since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
    > reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
    > games seem to work fine.
    >
    > Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.
    >
    > Windows XP
    > AMD Athlon 1800
    > 512MB
    > ATI 9600