FS2004 Crashing

When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. etc...).

>From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
games seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 1800
512MB
ATI 9600
DirectX 9c

Have you installed the FS9 upgrade yet?

Bill

Windows 2000
AMD 1200
386MB
GeForce MX400
DirectX 9c

Date: 15 Feb 2005 09:56:52 -0800

When playing FS2004 intermittently about 30 minutes into a flight the
screen will go black, my system churns away for a bit, and I have to
eventually end the process in the task manager. The event viewer shows
an event ID of 1000 (The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source (
Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. etc...).

>From other posts I have read I tried updating to latest BIOS/video
drivers/chipsets drivers, etc. and have the same problem. A friend says
since I recently switched from Nvidia card to ATI I might have to
reinstall the OS. I don't want to if I don't have to - other DirectX
games seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help, my system configuration is below.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 1800
512MB
ATI 9600