VX2

webster72n wrote:
> No details necessary, Tom.
> Thank you.
>
> Harry.
>

> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:OGBA%23YCcFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>>Details unavailable.

Couldn't get mine from the GUI Updater..........had to dl'd the .zip file
from the Lavasoft site and replace the defs.ref file manually. I did notice
that the new file is smaller than the old one.....they must have done some
house cleaning??
Heirloom, old and now it's only 470Kb, was
471Kb

> Hot off the press. ;)
>
> Updated definitions:
> ====================
> AdBlaster
> Adintelligence.AproposToolbar
> BargainBuddy +4
> CoolWebSearch
> DyFuCA
> Gigatech SuperBar
> IBIS Toolbar +2
> ISTbar +4
> Powerscan
> Promulgate
> Sidefind +2
> VX2
>
> webster72n wrote:
>> No details necessary, Tom.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Harry.
>>

>> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Details unavailable.

Heirloom:

Oddly, my file size is 481 Kb.
But then my latest version is 1.06r1, is that what you have?
It escapes me why you should have problems with it.
Is this still WinME in your case?
We'll have to get you fixed up.

Harry.

"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> Couldn't get mine from the GUI Updater..........had to dl'd the .zip file
> from the Lavasoft site and replace the defs.ref file manually. I did
notice
> that the new file is smaller than the old one.....they must have done some
> house cleaning??
> Heirloom, old and now it's only 470Kb, was
> 471Kb
>

> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Hot off the press. ;)
> >
> > Updated definitions:
> > ====================
> > AdBlaster
> > Adintelligence.AproposToolbar
> > BargainBuddy +4
> > CoolWebSearch
> > DyFuCA
> > Gigatech SuperBar
> > IBIS Toolbar +2
> > ISTbar +4
> > Powerscan
> > Promulgate
> > Sidefind +2
> > VX2
> >
> > webster72n wrote:
> >> No details necessary, Tom.
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Harry.
> >>

> >> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message

Yep, Web.........using 1.06r1, and got the dl'd from the Lavasoft site.
Just looked again to make sure I didn't misread something and it is, in
fact, 470Kb. Properties shows size on disk as 472Kb. And, no, this is on
the XP box, but, don't think that should make any difference.
Joanie, what is the size of your defs.ref file?? Oooooooo, hang
on.....this is too weird. I just looked at the Details of the defs from the
Adaware GUI and it shows to be 481Kb, like yours, Harry. What does yours
show in Win Explorer??
Heirloom, old and admittedly confused

> Heirloom:
>
> Oddly, my file size is 481 Kb.
> But then my latest version is 1.06r1, is that what you have?
> It escapes me why you should have problems with it.
> Is this still WinME in your case?
> We'll have to get you fixed up.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
>> Couldn't get mine from the GUI Updater..........had to dl'd the .zip file
>> from the Lavasoft site and replace the defs.ref file manually. I did
> notice
>> that the new file is smaller than the old one.....they must have done
>> some
>> house cleaning??
>> Heirloom, old and now it's only 470Kb,
>> was
>> 471Kb
>>

>> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> > Hot off the press. ;)
>> >
>> > Updated definitions:
>> > ====================
>> > AdBlaster
>> > Adintelligence.AproposToolbar
>> > BargainBuddy +4
>> > CoolWebSearch
>> > DyFuCA
>> > Gigatech SuperBar
>> > IBIS Toolbar +2
>> > ISTbar +4
>> > Powerscan
>> > Promulgate
>> > Sidefind +2
>> > VX2

Heirloom:

What exactly happened, when you tried updating via GUI?
If there's a problem, wouldn't it have something to do with a somewhat
botched upgrade of the build version to 1.06r1?
Someone in this circle must have an explanation for you.
If not, we'll get the experts (just kidding!).

> Yep, Web.........using 1.06r1, and got the dl'd from the Lavasoft site.
> Just looked again to make sure I didn't misread something and it is, in
> fact, 470Kb. Properties shows size on disk as 472Kb. And, no, this is
on
> the XP box, but, don't think that should make any difference.
> Joanie, what is the size of your defs.ref file?? Oooooooo, hang
> on.....this is too weird. I just looked at the Details of the defs from
the
> Adaware GUI and it shows to be 481Kb, like yours, Harry. What does yours
> show in Win Explorer??
> Heirloom, old and admittedly confused
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Heirloom:
> >
> > Oddly, my file size is 481 Kb.
> > But then my latest version is 1.06r1, is that what you have?
> > It escapes me why you should have problems with it.
> > Is this still WinME in your case?
> > We'll have to get you fixed up.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> >> Couldn't get mine from the GUI Updater..........had to dl'd the .zip
file
> >> from the Lavasoft site and replace the defs.ref file manually. I did
> > notice
> >> that the new file is smaller than the old one.....they must have done
> >> some
> >> house cleaning??
> >> Heirloom, old and now it's only 470Kb,
> >> was
> >> 471Kb
> >>

> >> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message

TomV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002

Hi, Heirloom,

This the file info:

Reference Number : SE1R50 13.06.2005
Internal build : 58
File size : 481146 Bytes
Total size : 1456012 Bytes
Signature data size : 1427935 Bytes
Reference data size : 27565 Bytes
Signatures total : 40456
CSI Fingerprints total : 904
CSI data size : 31134 Bytes
Target categories : 15
Target families : 692

The size of defs.ref shows as 469KB (481,146 bytes) and size on disk as
472KB (483,328 bytes) on WinME and XP Pro. Are you looking at the file
properties rather than the size displayed in Windows Explorer? The size
reflected in Windows Explorer is 470KB.

Tom

Heirloom wrote:
> Yep, Web.........using 1.06r1, and got the dl'd from the Lavasoft site.
> Just looked again to make sure I didn't misread something and it is, in
> fact, 470Kb. Properties shows size on disk as 472Kb. And, no, this is on
> the XP box, but, don't think that should make any difference.
> Joanie, what is the size of your defs.ref file?? Oooooooo, hang
> on.....this is too weird. I just looked at the Details of the defs from the
> Adaware GUI and it shows to be 481Kb, like yours, Harry. What does yours
> show in Win Explorer??
> Heirloom, old and admittedly confused

Did mine from the program itself but it was slow, got to 5% then stopped
went back to the beginning and then downloaded but slower than usual.
But at least it's installed <g> that's in XP
Joan

Heirloom wrote:
> Couldn't get mine from the GUI Updater..........had to dl'd the .zip
> file from the Lavasoft site and replace the defs.ref file manually. I
> did notice that the new file is smaller than the old one.....they
> must have done some house cleaning??
> Heirloom, old and now it's only 470Kb,
> was 471Kb

Thanks TomV,
All is well, everything matches what you posted. Just faked me out
when I dl'd the file from the Lavasoft site and Win Explorer showed the file
size as 470Kb and everyone else was talking about 481Kb. First thought was
that I had a bad dl'd.
No, Harry, the GUI is working fine.......I suspect there was some problem
(probably overload) at their end. I made a connection, it showed an update
available, but, would never get past 5% on the dl'd. The manual dl'd
worked just fine....thanks for your concern.
Heirloom, old and can highly recommend
Acronis for backup...their support is superior.

> Hi, Heirloom,
>
> This the file info:
>
> Reference Number : SE1R50 13.06.2005
> Internal build : 58
> File size : 481146 Bytes
> Total size : 1456012 Bytes
> Signature data size : 1427935 Bytes
> Reference data size : 27565 Bytes
> Signatures total : 40456
> CSI Fingerprints total : 904
> CSI data size : 31134 Bytes
> Target categories : 15
> Target families : 692
>
> The size of defs.ref shows as 469KB (481,146 bytes) and size on disk as
> 472KB (483,328 bytes) on WinME and XP Pro. Are you looking at the file
> properties rather than the size displayed in Windows Explorer? The size
> reflected in Windows Explorer is 470KB.
>
> Tom
>
> Heirloom wrote:
>> Yep, Web.........using 1.06r1, and got the dl'd from the Lavasoft site.
>> Just looked again to make sure I didn't misread something and it is, in
>> fact, 470Kb. Properties shows size on disk as 472Kb. And, no, this is
>> on the XP box, but, don't think that should make any difference.
>> Joanie, what is the size of your defs.ref file?? Oooooooo, hang
>> on.....this is too weird. I just looked at the Details of the defs from
>> the Adaware GUI and it shows to be 481Kb, like yours, Harry. What does
>> yours show in Win Explorer??
>> Heirloom, old and admittedly confused

Heirloom:

Sure glad everything is working out at your end now.
Every once in a while things happen with pc's and you deal with them as they
come.
Should I look into Acronis?
I probably will.