Hello,

Ive just brought a load of parts to build a new computer, there listed
below

AMD 64 3500+ winchester socket 939
Asus A8V Deluxe
Nvidia Geforce fx 5900
160GB ATA Hard Drive
512MB DDR PC2700
Philips 17inch TFT
Thermal take Xaser 6000V i think it was. ( case )

Ive installed everything but my computer wont boot, i get 3 fast beeps
and the start then 1 slow, and i get a blank screen saying no signal,
ive checked things out its not the moniter ( only had it 3 days ) its
not the gfx card or the memory, so it must be the motherboard, ive
been reading other posts kinda like this one,

please help me i dont want this to be a waste of 750 pounds !!!

thx

wnxkido@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (C@rl) wrote:

>Ive just brought a load of parts to build a new computer, there
>listed below
>AMD 64 3500+ winchester socket 939
>Asus A8V Deluxe
>Nvidia Geforce fx 5900
>160GB ATA Hard Drive
>512MB DDR PC2700
>Philips 17inch TFT
>Thermal take Xaser 6000V i think it was. ( case )
>Ive installed everything but my computer wont boot, i get 3 fast
>beeps and the start then 1 slow,

Not sure I understand. Try rephrasing that.

> and i get a blank screen saying no signal,
>ive checked things out its not the moniter ( only had it 3 days )
>its not the gfx card or the memory, so it must be the motherboard,
>ive been reading other posts kinda like this one,
>please help me i dont want this to be a waste of 750 pounds !!!

Firstly, try to keep your arms touching the case whenever you're
holding components. Very sharp case edges can be painful but they
are good for grounding you [kidding].

Remove everything except what you need to get into the BIOS. This is
not easy, but it is easier than total failure. Things you need
installed.
.... CPU and fan (always make sure the CPU fan is running,
always)
.... one stick of memory
.... video card

--
Writing the first dynamically timed systemwide macro recorder for
Windows XP. Please see (comp.windows.open-look). Coding help is

In article <Xns9607408C0EA70wisdomfolly@151.164.30.42>, John Doe
says...

> >Ive installed everything but my computer wont boot, i get 3 fast
> >beeps and the start then 1 slow,
>
> Not sure I understand. Try rephrasing that.

Thats because you're stupid. The OP is describing the BIOS error beep
code.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

Conor wrote:
> In article <Xns9607408C0EA70wisdomfolly@151.164.30.42>, John Doe
> says...
>
>>> Ive installed everything but my computer wont boot, i get 3 fast
>>> beeps and the start then 1 slow,
>>
>> Not sure I understand. Try rephrasing that.
>>
> Thats because you're stupid. The OP is describing the BIOS error beep
> code.

I agree with this post! BAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Conor <conor@conorturton.com> wrote:
> John Doe says...
>
>> >Ive installed everything but my computer wont boot, i get 3 fast
>> >beeps and the start then 1 slow,
>>
>> Not sure I understand. Try rephrasing that.
>>
> Thats because you're stupid. The OP is describing the BIOS error beep
> code.

Of course he was, troll, but which beep code?