wjview error

Karen

At startup, I've recently been getting this message

ERROR: Could not execute Main : The system cannot find the file specified.

Searching for this I found a fix for XP, but I'm running ME (and not anxious
to edit the registry so hopeful it's something else).

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems (at least that I'm aware of) but
it is just an irritating reminder that I don't know enough to keep the
system running smoothly.
Thanks for your help!
karen

Found this, right off, in Google Groups. I'm betting you will find your
solution in the following:
The most common cause is "WebSavings" adware....see here:
"WJView Error at Startup":
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/­WJViewError.htm

eBates MoneyMaker:
http://www.pestpatrol.com/Pest­Info/e/ebates_moneymaker.asp

If not found, then look for other similar entries, such as CouponsandOffers,
and use
the following for troubleshooting:

WJView is a Java command line tool.

Click Start>Run, type MSCONFIG and click OK.
Click the Startup tab.
Look for any reference to WJVIEW in the listed entries, uncheck the box, and
click
OK.
If none are found, look for a reference in the list to any files with .jar
or .jre
extensions, and do the same to them.

Also, have a look here:
http://groups.google.com/group­s?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&­th=b200ea...
=1

Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

There is spyware/adware that uses Wjview.exe to run Java-based advertising
on your
machine. When you look in msconfig>startup tab, you should see a program
name
associated with the wjview entry there (such as CouponsandOffers, and
others).

Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/down­loads31.html
http://www.spywareinfo.com/dow­nloads/tools/CWShredder.exe
http://aumha.org/downloads/cws­hredder.zip

In addition, install Ad-Aware 6 free edition, start it, click its 'Check for
Updates' link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your
system, and
remove what it finds.
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/sup­port/download/

Install, update and run SpyBot Search & Destroy, scan your system, and then
remove
the items in RED only.
SpyBot S&D:
http://www.safer-networking.or­g/index.php?page=download
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Yes, I know Mr. Ventura is MS-MVP for Win95/98 Systems.....but, keep in mind
that Me is a 98 based system.

Heirloom, old and oughta work

"Karen" <nospamforklgtopp@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> At startup, I've recently been getting this message
>
> ERROR: Could not execute Main : The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> Searching for this I found a fix for XP, but I'm running ME (and not
> anxious
> to edit the registry so hopeful it's something else).
>
> It doesn't seem to be causing any problems (at least that I'm aware of)
> but
> it is just an irritating reminder that I don't know enough to keep the
> system running smoothly.
> Thanks for your help!
> karen

Very nicely done, Heirloom.
In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------

====

> Yes, I know Mr. Ventura is MS-MVP for Win95/98 Systems.....but, keep in
mind
> that Me is a 98 based system.
>
> Heirloom, old and oughta work
>

> "Karen" <nospamforklgtopp@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> > At startup, I've recently been getting this message
> >
> > ERROR: Could not execute Main : The system cannot find the file
specified.

> > Searching for this I found a fix for XP, but I'm running ME (and not
> > anxious
> > to edit the registry so hopeful it's something else).
> >
> > It doesn't seem to be causing any problems (at least that I'm aware of)
> > but
> > it is just an irritating reminder that I don't know enough to keep the
> > system running smoothly.
> > Thanks for your help!
> > karen

'tweren't me..........thanks go to Mr. Ventura, MS-MVP...........
Heirloom, old and the world would be lost
without MS-MVP's

> [...]
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> ====
>>
>> Yes, I know Mr. Ventura is MS-MVP for Win95/98 Systems.....but, keep in
> mind
>> that Me is a 98 based system.
>>
>> Heirloom, old and oughta work
>>

>> "Karen" <nospamforklgtopp@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> > At startup, I've recently been getting this message
>> >
>> > ERROR: Could not execute Main : The system cannot find the file
> specified.
>> >
>> > Searching for this I found a fix for XP, but I'm running ME (and not
>> > anxious
>> > to edit the registry so hopeful it's something else).
>> >
>> > It doesn't seem to be causing any problems (at least that I'm aware of)
>> > but
>> > it is just an irritating reminder that I don't know enough to keep the

Karen

Ad-aware didn't catch it, but I'm sure this other stuff will. Thanks!!

====