Boeing 747-400 pitch angle

Hi!

I have question regarding pitch angle during "normal" flight.

For example: I fly Boeing 747-400 on 33 000 feets at 0.85 mach.

Airplane is on autopilot set on approach to Johannesburg Int.

All the time on "Primary Flight Display" I see pitch above horizontal line for some value, I think 300 - 500 feets but altitude is allways 33000 feets.

When I look plane from outside it looks pretty weard. I dont think this is the way it should fly...maybe I'm wrong....

Any help? If my english is bad I can post a screenshot :-)

Thanks all!
9 answers Last reply
More about boeing pitch angle

    Screenshot would help..

    also how much fuel is in the tanks?

    "Boris Bahes$" <boris.bahes@vk.htnet.hr> wrote in message
    Hi!

    I have question regarding pitch angle during "normal" flight.

    For example: I fly Boeing 747-400 on 33 000 feets at 0.85 mach.

    Airplane is on autopilot set on approach to Johannesburg Int.

    All the time on "Primary Flight Display" I see pitch above horizontal line
    for some value, I think 300 - 500 feets but altitude is allways 33000 feets.

    When I look plane from outside it looks pretty weard. I dont think this is
    the way it should fly...maybe I'm wrong....

    Any help? If my english is bad I can post a screenshot :-)

    Thanks all!

    > All the time on "Primary Flight Display" I see pitch above horizontal line
    for some
    > value, I think 300 - 500 feets but altitude is allways 33000 feets.

    Where is the wife sitting?

    HTH

    Cheers,
    Dave (Sydney)
    (Apologies in advance - work is a little tedious today...)

    :)

    "Boris Bahes$" <boris.bahes@vk.htnet.hr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    Hi!

    I have question regarding pitch angle during "normal" flight.

    For example: I fly Boeing 747-400 on 33 000 feets at 0.85 mach.

    Airplane is on autopilot set on approach to Johannesburg Int.

    All the time on "Primary Flight Display" I see pitch above horizontal line
    for some value, I think 300 - 500 feets but altitude is allways 33000 feets.

    When I look plane from outside it looks pretty weard. I dont think this is
    the way it should fly...maybe I'm wrong....

    Any help? If my english is bad I can post a screenshot :-)

    Thanks all!

    Well, it's not that weird.. ;-) The "real" B747 actually cruises with a
    slight nose-up pitch of up to around 1 degree. However in FS this value is
    sometimes exceeded. But I suggest to leave it as it is. You could of course
    change some of the geometric values in the aircraft.cfg file but this is not
    recommended as it will influence some other aerodynamic issues.
    --
    Oskar
    (retired captain)

    > Well, it's not that weird.. ;-) The "real" B747 actually cruises with a
    > slight nose-up pitch of up to around 1 degree. However in FS this value is
    > sometimes exceeded. But I suggest to leave it as it is. You could of course
    > change some of the geometric values in the aircraft.cfg file but this is not
    > recommended as it will influence some other aerodynamic issues.

    Thanks so much!

    > (retired captain)

    Real pilot? :-)

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:39:54 +0100, Boris Bahes$ wrote:

    >> (retired captain)
    > Real pilot? :-)

    Oskar is a retired Airbus Computer Operator... er, pilot! ;)

    Bill

    "Dave E" <i.am@my.wits.end.with.spam> wrote in message
    >> All the time on "Primary Flight Display" I see pitch above horizontal
    >> line
    > for some
    >> value, I think 300 - 500 feets but altitude is allways 33000 feets.
    >
    > Where is the wife sitting?

    Yes, that could be the problem - move the wife and the fridge nearer the
    aircraft's C of G.

    Cheers,
    John

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:39:54 +0100, Boris Bahes$ wrote:
    >
    >>> (retired captain)
    >> Real pilot? :-)
    >
    > Oskar is a retired Airbus Computer Operator... er, pilot! ;)
    >
    > Bill

    Phew!!! Damn Bill, I still know how to IFR ( I Follow Railway ) a Piper L-4
    (aka J-3) Cub......... ;-)
    despite sooooooo many computers.........
    --

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:19:07 +0100, Oskar Wagner wrote:

    > "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Oskar is a retired Airbus Computer Operator... er, pilot! ;)
    > Phew!!! Damn Bill, I still know how to IFR ( I Follow Railway ) a Piper L-4
    > (aka J-3) Cub......... ;-)
    > despite sooooooo many computers.........

    LOL! I couldn't resist... really, I couldn't! ;)

    I prefer flying GPS (General Position Somewhere!) myself...

    Bill

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:19:07 +0100, Oskar Wagner wrote:
    >
    >> "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>> Oskar is a retired Airbus Computer Operator... er, pilot! ;)
    >> Phew!!! Damn Bill, I still know how to IFR ( I Follow Railway ) a Piper
    >> L-4
    >> despite sooooooo many computers.........
    >
    > LOL! I couldn't resist... really, I couldn't! ;)
    >
    > I prefer flying GPS (General Position Somewhere!) myself...
    >
    > Bill

    though you would be lucky and close enough to have GGL installed Bill...
    (God's Guiding Light) ;-)

    Don

Microsoft Video Games