Realtime backup software

I've been looking at information on software that does
realtime backups of data to another drive or another
computer. All of the reviews seem to be at least two years
old, and some of the products, such as Data Keeper, don't
exist any longer. Anyone have one of these products and
have any comments (pro & con)? The product has to run under
WinME and WinXP.

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about realtime backup software

    I have successfully used Powerquest's DataKeeper, included with their
    Partition Magic 5.0, many years ago.
    DataKeeper should still be available with orphaned copies of PM8.

    OTH, "Adaptec Product Specifications: Symantec DataKeeper"
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/techspecs.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=Symantec_DataKeeper&cat=%2fProduct%2fSymantec_DataKeeper&fromarea=prod

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "Dave Boland" <NODARNSPAMdboland9@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I've been looking at information on software that does
    > realtime backups of data to another drive or another
    > computer. All of the reviews seem to be at least two years
    > old, and some of the products, such as Data Keeper, don't
    > exist any longer. Anyone have one of these products and
    > have any comments (pro & con)? The product has to run under
    > WinME and WinXP.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Of course, there is always RAID 1..........complete and simultaneous backup.
    And, although, not exactly "realtime", Acronis does a wonderful job of
    backups and can be scheduled to automatically do so at your preference. (it
    also has three phases of compression, the ability to partition, will write
    to a variety of media and span disks, amongst other nice features). I have
    been very pleased with it and the email support had a turn around of just a
    few hours....plus, it was complete, understandable and accurate!
    Heirloom, old and use 'em all (well, not
    Raid1)

    >I have successfully used Powerquest's DataKeeper, included with their
    > Partition Magic 5.0, many years ago.
    > DataKeeper should still be available with orphaned copies of PM8.
    >

    > OTH, "Adaptec Product Specifications: Symantec DataKeeper"
    > http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/techspecs.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=Symantec_DataKeeper&cat=%2fProduct%2fSymantec_DataKeeper&fromarea=prod

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "Dave Boland" <NODARNSPAMdboland9@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> I've been looking at information on software that does
    >> realtime backups of data to another drive or another
    >> computer. All of the reviews seem to be at least two years
    >> old, and some of the products, such as Data Keeper, don't
    >> exist any longer. Anyone have one of these products and
    >> have any comments (pro & con)? The product has to run under
    >> WinME and WinXP.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

Software Realtime Windows