Realtime backup software

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 15, 2005 7:10:45 PM

I've been looking at information on software that does
realtime backups of data to another drive or another
computer. All of the reviews seem to be at least two years
old, and some of the products, such as Data Keeper, don't
exist any longer. Anyone have one of these products and
have any comments (pro & con)? The product has to run under
WinME and WinXP.

Thanks,
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:10:46 PM

I have successfully used Powerquest's DataKeeper, included with their
Partition Magic 5.0, many years ago.
DataKeeper should still be available with orphaned copies of PM8.

OTH, "Adaptec Product Specifications: Symantec DataKeeper"
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/techspecs.jsp?...

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Dave Boland" <NODARNSPAMdboland9@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've been looking at information on software that does
> realtime backups of data to another drive or another
> computer. All of the reviews seem to be at least two years
> old, and some of the products, such as Data Keeper, don't
> exist any longer. Anyone have one of these products and
> have any comments (pro & con)? The product has to run under
> WinME and WinXP.
>
> Thanks,

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:10:47 PM

Of course, there is always RAID 1..........complete and simultaneous backup.
And, although, not exactly "realtime", Acronis does a wonderful job of
backups and can be scheduled to automatically do so at your preference. (it
also has three phases of compression, the ability to partition, will write
to a variety of media and span disks, amongst other nice features). I have
been very pleased with it and the email support had a turn around of just a
few hours....plus, it was complete, understandable and accurate!
Heirloom, old and use 'em all (well, not
Raid1)

!