IE problems opening programs,help

when on the internet using IE 6.0, i'm unable to open some clickable icons.
I've run scan disk, defrag, Norton Virus Prog. i thought I may have a
virius, but none found...
8 answers Last reply
More about problems opening programs help

    As you do not specify the site you are on or the particular icons in
    question, it would be difficult to determine the solution to your issue.
    Just a swag, I would guess it would be with your firewall, cookie app or IE
    settings. Provide some details and someone may be able to assist.
    Heirloom, old and mine work

    jack wrote:
    > when on the internet using IE 6.0, i'm unable to open some clickable icons.
    > I've run scan disk, defrag, Norton Virus Prog. i thought I may have a
    > virius, but none found...

    Bizarrely I have the same thing occasionally with Ffox browser.

    Take a look at the source code of the page; you'll probably find it's
    Java or Javascript that you don't have installed. Failing that, which
    webpage and icon ?

    Rick

    It would be like responses from ebay on items i have won and to click on an
    icon such as paypal and it does not direct me to the site. It just doesnt
    work. Also on intellicast.com (weather), if i click to animate the
    maps....nothing happens......???

    jack wrote:
    > It would be like responses from ebay on items i have won and to click on an
    > icon such as paypal and it does not direct me to the site. It just doesnt
    > work. Also on intellicast.com (weather), if i click to animate the
    > maps....nothing happens......???

    Any similarities in the source code for those pages ?

    Rick

    > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>jack wrote:
    >>
    >>>when on the internet using IE 6.0, i'm unable to open some clickable
    >
    > icons.
    >
    >>>I've run scan disk, defrag, Norton Virus Prog. i thought I may have a
    >>>virius, but none found...
    >>>

    >>Bizarrely I have the same thing occasionally with Ffox browser.
    >>
    >>Take a look at the source code of the page; you'll probably find it's
    >>Java or Javascript that you don't have installed. Failing that, which
    >>webpage and icon ?
    >>

    >>Rick

    Are you using ZAPro, perhaps? I had the same problem with intellicast and
    the resolution was to make changes in the Privacy, Site List tab for
    Intellicast. Also, I had to set ZAP for accepting cookies from the
    www.intellicast.com site...I was then able to run the 'looped' weather maps.
    Of course, this would apply to any other firewall or cookie handling proggy
    you may have on your machine. Just a thought, I could be wrong.
    Heirloom, old and worked for me

    > jack wrote:
    >> It would be like responses from ebay on items i have won and to click on
    >> an
    >> icon such as paypal and it does not direct me to the site. It just doesnt
    >> work. Also on intellicast.com (weather), if i click to animate the
    >> maps....nothing happens......???
    >
    > Any similarities in the source code for those pages ?
    >

    > Rick
    >

    >> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> icons.

    >>>Bizarrely I have the same thing occasionally with Ffox browser.
    >>>
    >>>Take a look at the source code of the page; you'll probably find it's
    >>>Java or Javascript that you don't have installed. Failing that, which
    >>>webpage and icon ?
    >>>

    >>>Rick

    Jack,

    Be sure that you do not have secure sites blocked somehow. The Paypal and
    eBay problems may be with that. I doubt the weather site would use a secure
    site for just some animated images but that is a possibility also.

    Just a thought.

    "jack" wrote:

    > It would be like responses from ebay on items i have won and to click on an
    > icon such as paypal and it does not direct me to the site. It just doesnt
    > work. Also on intellicast.com (weather), if i click to animate the
    > maps....nothing happens......???
    > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > jack wrote:
    > > > when on the internet using IE 6.0, i'm unable to open some clickable
    > icons.
    > > > I've run scan disk, defrag, Norton Virus Prog. i thought I may have a
    > > > virius, but none found...
    > > >

    > > Bizarrely I have the same thing occasionally with Ffox browser.
    > >
    > > Take a look at the source code of the page; you'll probably find it's
    > > Java or Javascript that you don't have installed. Failing that, which
    > > webpage and icon ?
    > >

    > > Rick

    Me? no, just standard (free) ZA... but thanks, you've given me something
    to check out next time I run into that.

    Rick

    Heirloom wrote:
    > Are you using ZAPro, perhaps? I had the same problem with intellicast and
    > the resolution was to make changes in the Privacy, Site List tab for
    > Intellicast. Also, I had to set ZAP for accepting cookies from the
    > www.intellicast.com site...I was then able to run the 'looped' weather maps.
    > Of course, this would apply to any other firewall or cookie handling proggy
    > you may have on your machine. Just a thought, I could be wrong.
    > Heirloom, old and worked for me
    >
    > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>jack wrote:
    >>
    >>>It would be like responses from ebay on items i have won and to click on
    >>>an
    >>>icon such as paypal and it does not direct me to the site. It just doesnt
    >>>work. Also on intellicast.com (weather), if i click to animate the
    >>>maps....nothing happens......???
    >>
    >>Any similarities in the source code for those pages ?
    >>

    >>Rick
    >>

    >>>"Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>icons.

    Yup, that and your settings for Active X controls.......forgot to mention
    that before. My XP box 'barks' at me to let me know that certain facets of
    the intellicast site might not be shown correctly because of my settings.
    Usually, these are nothing more than the animated ads and such.......nothing
    I care to see anyway.
    Heirloom, old and going to bed now,
    zzzzzzzzzzzz.

    > Me? no, just standard (free) ZA... but thanks, you've given me something
    > to check out next time I run into that.
    >
    > Rick
    >

    > Heirloom wrote:
    >> Are you using ZAPro, perhaps? I had the same problem with intellicast
    >> and the resolution was to make changes in the Privacy, Site List tab for
    >> Intellicast. Also, I had to set ZAP for accepting cookies from the
    >> www.intellicast.com site...I was then able to run the 'looped' weather
    >> maps.
    >> Of course, this would apply to any other firewall or cookie handling
    >> proggy you may have on your machine. Just a thought, I could be wrong.
    >> Heirloom, old and worked for me
    >>
    >> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>Any similarities in the source code for those pages ?
    >>>

    >>>Rick

Internet Explorer Microsoft Internet Windows