Any user having problems to remove the
Symantec/Norton utilities from their
system should have a look here for
SymNRT freware utility.
http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=87&shownews=2058
6 answers Last reply
More about symantec norton programs

    AAH:

    Now that's a quite helpful link for removal of all those problematic Norton
    programs.
    An anonymous thanks.

    H.

    "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    > Any user having problems to remove the
    > Symantec/Norton utilities from their
    > system should have a look here for
    > SymNRT freware utility.
    > http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=87&shownews=2058

    Good info, AAH. I would be curious, however, if you have run a search in
    Regedit for such things as *Norton*, *LU*, *Symantec*, *LiveUpdate*, etc.
    The Symantec stuff is so incredibly invasive. After uninstalling mine,
    running two different Reg cleaners (selectively) and jv16, I still found
    over 280 reg entries, related to Symantec, that had to be manually removed.
    It would be nice if this app you refer to would do an immaculate job of
    cleaning out the detritus.

    Post back and let us know what you find..........
    Heirloom, old and always looking for the easy out

    > AAH:
    >
    > Now that's a quite helpful link for removal of all those problematic
    > Norton
    > programs.
    > An anonymous thanks.
    >
    > H.
    >

    > "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    >> Any user having problems to remove the
    >> Symantec/Norton utilities from their
    >> system should have a look here for
    >> SymNRT freware utility.
    >> http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=87&shownews=2058

    Further More

    SymNRT is distributed by Symantec and is only to be used on 2004/2005
    versions.
    It is NOT TO BE USED on 2003 and earlier.

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    AAH:

    Now that's a quite helpful link for removal of all those problematic Norton
    programs.
    An anonymous thanks.

    H.

    "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    > Any user having problems to remove the
    > Symantec/Norton utilities from their
    > system should have a look here for
    > SymNRT freware utility.
    > http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=87&shownews=2058

    Heirloom
    I have not tried this utility but apart from that
    what you say is correct as far as WinMe os is concerned. I also have to
    clear the registry from these entries by manual search.
    These product just do not match WinMe and
    create problems.

    "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    Good info, AAH. I would be curious, however, if you have run a search in
    Regedit for such things as *Norton*, *LU*, *Symantec*, *LiveUpdate*, etc.
    The Symantec stuff is so incredibly invasive. After uninstalling mine,
    running two different Reg cleaners (selectively) and jv16, I still found
    over 280 reg entries, related to Symantec, that had to be manually removed.
    It would be nice if this app you refer to would do an immaculate job of
    cleaning out the detritus.

    Post back and let us know what you find..........
    Heirloom, old and always looking for the easy out

    > AAH:
    >
    > Now that's a quite helpful link for removal of all those problematic
    > Norton
    > programs.
    > An anonymous thanks.
    >
    > H.
    >

    > "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    >> Any user having problems to remove the
    >> Symantec/Norton utilities from their
    >> system should have a look here for
    >> SymNRT freware utility.
    >> http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=87&shownews=2058

    For earlier versions 2003 and before, there is
    another utility called RNAVE203.EXE
    which deals in details removal of norton
    products. it is worth having look at it.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606?Open&src=&docid=2002061016251406&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

    AAH:

    Now that's a quite helpful link for removal of all those problematic Norton
    programs.
    An anonymous thanks.

    H.

    "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    > Any user having problems to remove the
    > Symantec/Norton utilities from their
    > system should have a look here for
    > SymNRT freware utility.
    > http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=87&shownews=2058

    Unfortunately, from what I've seen, it does a less than perfect job - it is
    however MUCH better than nothing!!

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > For earlier versions 2003 and before, there is
    > another utility called RNAVE203.EXE
    > which deals in details removal of norton
    > products. it is worth having look at it.
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606?Open&src=&docid=2002061016251406&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Norton Symantec Microsoft Windows