New computer errors

Recently I decided to start a new project and get a new computer, so I
went cheap and got a PC CHIPS mobo.

Here's the build:

PCCHIPS Mobo
AMD Duron 1.8
256pc 2700x1
GeForce4 480mx (64meg agp)
80Gig hd (from old computer).

I install it all, hook everything up (properly) and start booting into
windows. I get an error, win32k.sys (accompied with bluescreen of
death). So I decide to just go ahead and reload XP. After getting it
reloaded, I start going into setup and it keeps locking up (blue
screen) and telling me different files have caused it to crash. After
a few tries with the installation I get the HD working on the
computer, and it starts to automatically load the drivers, after
about 10 minutes on the computer, Blue screen. I'm guessing one of
the drivers with the motherboard, or video card are screwing it up
and making it lock up. I'm very lost,

Some of the errors that come up are " irq_not_less_or_equal" or that
MOUNTMGR.sys has caused system dump. win32k.sys,..Just stuff like
that. I would love some help if you guys can invite me to your wisdom
7 answers Last reply
More about computer errors

    "D3V" <d3v87@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Recently I decided to start a new project and get a new computer, so I
    > went cheap and got a PC CHIPS mobo.
    >
    > Here's the build:
    >
    > PCCHIPS Mobo
    > AMD Duron 1.8
    > 256pc 2700x1
    > GeForce4 480mx (64meg agp)
    > 80Gig hd (from old computer).
    >
    > I install it all, hook everything up (properly) and start booting into
    > windows. I get an error, win32k.sys (accompied with bluescreen of
    > death). So I decide to just go ahead and reload XP. After getting it
    > reloaded, I start going into setup and it keeps locking up (blue
    > screen) and telling me different files have caused it to crash. After
    > a few tries with the installation I get the HD working on the
    > computer, and it starts to automatically load the drivers, after
    > about 10 minutes on the computer, Blue screen. I'm guessing one of
    > the drivers with the motherboard, or video card are screwing it up
    > and making it lock up. I'm very lost,

    PC Chips makes soem bad mobo's
    if you did a clean install and it does not work...
    try underclocking the machine

    are you trying to load windows from the hard drive.......previously
    installed on that drive?

    you dont make this clear

    if so then you will have to do a repair install

    better still reformat the hd and do a clean install of windows

    In article <421f87ac$1_2@alt.athenanews.com>, D3V says...
    > Recently I decided to start a new project and get a new computer, so I
    > went cheap and got a PC CHIPS mobo.
    >
    > Here's the build:
    >
    > PCCHIPS Mobo
    > AMD Duron 1.8
    > 256pc 2700x1
    > GeForce4 480mx (64meg agp)
    > 80Gig hd (from old computer).
    >
    > I install it all, hook everything up (properly) and start booting into
    > windows. I get an error, win32k.sys (accompied with bluescreen of
    > death). So I decide to just go ahead and reload XP. After getting it
    > reloaded, I start going into setup and it keeps locking up (blue
    > screen) and telling me different files have caused it to crash. After
    > a few tries with the installation I get the HD working on the
    > computer, and it starts to automatically load the drivers, after
    > about 10 minutes on the computer, Blue screen. I'm guessing one of
    > the drivers with the motherboard, or video card are screwing it up
    > and making it lock up. I'm very lost,
    >
    > Some of the errors that come up are " irq_not_less_or_equal" or that
    > MOUNTMGR.sys has caused system dump. win32k.sys,..Just stuff like
    > that. I would love some help if you guys can invite me to your wisdom

    Dodgy or incompatible RAM at a guess .

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    D3V wrote:

    > Recently I decided to start a new project and get a new computer, so I
    > went cheap and got a PC CHIPS mobo.
    >
    > Here's the build:
    >
    > PCCHIPS Mobo
    > AMD Duron 1.8
    > 256pc 2700x1
    > GeForce4 480mx (64meg agp)
    > 80Gig hd (from old computer).
    >
    > I install it all, hook everything up (properly) and start booting into
    > windows. I get an error, win32k.sys (accompied with bluescreen of
    > death).

    If you were trying to boot Xp that had been installed on another computer
    it wasn't going to work anyway. You either have to do a repair install or a
    fresh install.

    > So I decide to just go ahead and reload XP. After getting it
    > reloaded, I start going into setup and it keeps locking up (blue
    > screen) and telling me different files have caused it to crash. After
    > a few tries with the installation I get the HD working on the
    > computer, and it starts to automatically load the drivers, after
    > about 10 minutes on the computer, Blue screen. I'm guessing one of
    > the drivers with the motherboard, or video card are screwing it up
    > and making it lock up. I'm very lost,
    >
    > Some of the errors that come up are " irq_not_less_or_equal" or that
    > MOUNTMGR.sys has caused system dump. win32k.sys,..Just stuff like
    > that. I would love some help if you guys can invite me to your wisdom

    That sounds like a memory problem but an improperly installed heatsink will
    do the same thing as the CPU will overheat and cause all kinds of problems.

    The most common error is installing the heatsink backwards. The undercut on
    the bottom side should be oriented over the socket shoulder where the lever
    hinge is. Of course, the fan should be plugged in and running too.

    If it's not the heatsink then go into BIOS and put it to 'safe' settings.
    And set memory to CAS3.

    Ok sorry for not making it clear, I was rushing.

    I had an 80GIG HD in my other computer I used to use. Now that i've
    got the new hardware, I swapped the HD over. It had XP previously
    installed on it, and I tried loading it with all of the new hardware,
    and I got an error.

    So I formatted the HD through the windows disk, ntfs and all. XP back
    on there, and I got it up running. After a few minutes of it
    searching for the drivers which it won't read off of the cd that came
    in the motherboard box, it locks up. So basically I took my old hard
    drive away from my old build, put it on the pcchips mobo new ram and
    new processor. I get the errors when I get onto windows. Sometimes it
    will lock up before it gets into windows, and sometimes while its in
    the middle of windows.

    I'm guessing one of the drivers for the motherboard is making it
    lockup, the model number for the PCCHIPS mobo is M863G it is a SiS
    741GX/963.

    I did underclock the mobo to 1.35ghz, I've tried everything that I can
    think of, I'm lost, very lost. I'm thinking about trying to sell this
    mobo on ebay or something and going asus or something.

    Edit: Nah I checked the heatsink before in got in on there, its right,
    the cuts line up. And my system only runs at like 92 degrees
    faranheit, and the cpu runs at around 110 farenheit.

    "D3V" <d3v87@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Recently I decided to start a new project and get a new computer, so I
    > went cheap and got a PC CHIPS mobo.
    >
    > Here's the build:
    >
    > PCCHIPS Mobo
    > AMD Duron 1.8
    > 256pc 2700x1
    > GeForce4 480mx (64meg agp)
    > 80Gig hd (from old computer).
    >
    > I install it all, hook everything up (properly) and start booting into
    > windows. I get an error, win32k.sys (accompied with bluescreen of
    > death). So I decide to just go ahead and reload XP. After getting it
    > reloaded, I start going into setup and it keeps locking up (blue
    > screen) and telling me different files have caused it to crash. After
    > a few tries with the installation I get the HD working on the
    > computer, and it starts to automatically load the drivers, after
    > about 10 minutes on the computer, Blue screen. I'm guessing one of
    > the drivers with the motherboard, or video card are screwing it up
    > and making it lock up. I'm very lost,
    >
    > Some of the errors that come up are " irq_not_less_or_equal" or that
    > MOUNTMGR.sys has caused system dump. win32k.sys,..Just stuff like
    > that. I would love some help if you guys can invite me to your wisdom

    The first thing *I'd* suspect if it were my machine would be a bad stick of
    RAM (although that's not to say that it *couldn't* be the power supply or
    motherboard itself). Get another stick, swap it out, and see for yourself if
    that fixes the problem. Yes, PCCHIPS had a reputation at one time for having
    a high failure rate, although at that time, if you managed to get a
    motherboard that worked, it was a reliable workhorse that never gave any
    trouble. I don't think that their *quality* has ever been in question, but
    rather their quality control... too many bad ones slipped out to the
    marketplace. The company seems to be going out of its way to overcome this
    reputation and has apparently tightened up its quality control procedures so
    that a much smaller percentage of marginal boards don't make it out the
    door. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a single problem with
    them myself.

    EDIT I'm guessing its just the PCCHIPS mobo, not sure.

Homebuilt Computer Systems