GA-K8NF-9 Memory problem + CPU Setting

I have K8NF-9 board and AMD64 3000+ CPU. I purchased 4 pcs 512 mb
PC3200 memory modules - Generic Memory. The system will only boot
with memory modules installed - the two can be in any DDR1 and 2 or
DDR 3 & 4. The memory being purchased all at one time, I thought
it would be compatible. Question is, is this a memory or M/Brd
problem?

Also notice that the bios lets me change the cpu setting between 200
and 400mhz. Is the FSB?, so would I be corret to change this to 400
if using PC3200 memory?

Been a while since I built a PC - things have changed, so any advice
appreciated!

Thanks

"mossie" <nigel.mossman@virgin-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I have K8NF-9 board and AMD64 3000+ CPU. I purchased 4 pcs 512 mb
> PC3200 memory modules - Generic Memory. The system will only boot
> with memory modules installed - the two can be in any DDR1 and 2 or
> DDR 3 & 4. The memory being purchased all at one time, I thought
> it would be compatible. Question is, is this a memory or M/Brd
> problem?
>
> Also notice that the bios lets me change the cpu setting between 200
> and 400mhz. Is the FSB?, so would I be corret to change this to 400
> if using PC3200 memory?
>
> Been a while since I built a PC - things have changed, so any advice
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks

You buy generic memory, and you have to ASK where the problem is? :)

I'd suggest, if it runs OK with 2 512MB RAM sticks, return the other two for
a refund.

Careful with the fsb. It should be *200* for PC3200. But for the CPU, it
should be either 333 or 400, depending on which version of the chip you
have. -Dave