Adding new sound

I recently formatted my hard drive (too much junk!) and re-installed
Windows ME. Everything's gone smoothly, but there is one thing I
can't remember how to put back. I thought I had written it down, but
can't seem to find it.

I'd like to have windows play a specific .wav file when a download is
complete. I can't remember if I have to create it in the registy, and
if so, what to call it. Or, if it's already a default.

Currently, when a download completes, I get the "ding" sound.

Any help would be appreciated. And.....this time I WILL write it down.
2 answers Last reply
More about adding sound

    To change Windows sounds, right-click on the speaker icon in your system
    tray and choose Properties. I think the one you're looking for is
    "Internet Alert"

    Rick

    elephant wrote:
    > I recently formatted my hard drive (too much junk!) and re-installed
    > Windows ME. Everything's gone smoothly, but there is one thing I
    > can't remember how to put back. I thought I had written it down, but
    > can't seem to find it.
    >
    > I'd like to have windows play a specific .wav file when a download is
    > complete. I can't remember if I have to create it in the registy, and
    > if so, what to call it. Or, if it's already a default.
    >
    > Currently, when a download completes, I get the "ding" sound.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. And.....this time I WILL write it down.

    ..........and if you do not have the speaker icon in your system tray (like
    me), you can open Control Panel (Start, Settings, Control Panel), select
    Sounds and Multimedia (or Sounds and Audio Devices, however yours is
    listed), click on the Sounds tab and make your selections there. As this
    is not a standard Windows sound, you will need to 'Browse' to the location
    of the .wav file and select it from there.
    Heirloom, old and can't hear anyway

    > To change Windows sounds, right-click on the speaker icon in your system
    > tray and choose Properties. I think the one you're looking for is
    > "Internet Alert"
    >
    > Rick
    >

    > elephant wrote:
    >> I recently formatted my hard drive (too much junk!) and re-installed
    >> Windows ME. Everything's gone smoothly, but there is one thing I can't
    >> remember how to put back. I thought I had written it down, but
    >> can't seem to find it.
    >>
    >> I'd like to have windows play a specific .wav file when a download is
    >> complete. I can't remember if I have to create it in the registy, and
    >> if so, what to call it. Or, if it's already a default.
    >>
    >> Currently, when a download completes, I get the "ding" sound.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated. And.....this time I WILL write it down.

Windows