Adding new sound

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 17, 2005 11:25:59 AM

I recently formatted my hard drive (too much junk!) and re-installed
Windows ME. Everything's gone smoothly, but there is one thing I
can't remember how to put back. I thought I had written it down, but
can't seem to find it.

I'd like to have windows play a specific .wav file when a download is
complete. I can't remember if I have to create it in the registy, and
if so, what to call it. Or, if it's already a default.

Currently, when a download completes, I get the "ding" sound.

Any help would be appreciated. And.....this time I WILL write it down.

More about : adding sound

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:35:21 PM

To change Windows sounds, right-click on the speaker icon in your system
tray and choose Properties. I think the one you're looking for is
"Internet Alert"

Rick

elephant wrote:
> I recently formatted my hard drive (too much junk!) and re-installed
> Windows ME. Everything's gone smoothly, but there is one thing I
> can't remember how to put back. I thought I had written it down, but
> can't seem to find it.
>
> I'd like to have windows play a specific .wav file when a download is
> complete. I can't remember if I have to create it in the registy, and
> if so, what to call it. Or, if it's already a default.
>
> Currently, when a download completes, I get the "ding" sound.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. And.....this time I WILL write it down.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 4:08:05 PM

..........and if you do not have the speaker icon in your system tray (like
me), you can open Control Panel (Start, Settings, Control Panel), select
Sounds and Multimedia (or Sounds and Audio Devices, however yours is
listed), click on the Sounds tab and make your selections there. As this
is not a standard Windows sound, you will need to 'Browse' to the location
of the .wav file and select it from there.
Heirloom, old and can't hear anyway

news:o Kz8Yl0cFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!