  • System Restore
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 18, 2005 12:41:02 AM

4.5 yr old WINME w/Pent III 800 Mhz 512 RAM - After successfully
downloading/installing IE 6 over IE 5.5 this morning, I tried to download
Norton Antivirus 2005 and download failed and can't open Norton - but that's
Symantec's problem. However, this evening I tried to create a "System
restore" point and an error box states I can't and to reboot - but after
rebooting, still can't create a System Restore point. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Johnn9

More about : system restore start

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:11:56 AM

This problem is almost certainly related to your decision to attempt to
install Norton on an ME PC - which is tantamount to murder!

The probability is that the following will fix it -
Close all programs
Go to Start|Run
type

SCANREG /FIX

click OK (or hit the [Enter] key)

Reboot on request
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"johnny9" <johnny9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 4.5 yr old WINME w/Pent III 800 Mhz 512 RAM - After successfully
> downloading/installing IE 6 over IE 5.5 this morning, I tried to download
> Norton Antivirus 2005 and download failed and can't open Norton - but
> that's
> Symantec's problem. However, this evening I tried to create a "System
> restore" point and an error box states I can't and to reboot - but after
> rebooting, still can't create a System Restore point. Any suggestions?
> Thanks, Johnn9
June 18, 2005 8:26:27 PM

If you have Norton's "Go-Back" and did not disable it or remove it, you
won't be able to use System Restore. (And you may not be able to use
Go-Back either.)
!