System Restore Won't Start

4.5 yr old WINME w/Pent III 800 Mhz 512 RAM - After successfully
downloading/installing IE 6 over IE 5.5 this morning, I tried to download
Norton Antivirus 2005 and download failed and can't open Norton - but that's
Symantec's problem. However, this evening I tried to create a "System
restore" point and an error box states I can't and to reboot - but after
rebooting, still can't create a System Restore point. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Johnn9
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore start

    This problem is almost certainly related to your decision to attempt to
    install Norton on an ME PC - which is tantamount to murder!

    The probability is that the following will fix it -
    Close all programs
    Go to Start|Run
    type

    SCANREG /FIX

    click OK (or hit the [Enter] key)

    Reboot on request
    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "johnny9" <johnny9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > 4.5 yr old WINME w/Pent III 800 Mhz 512 RAM - After successfully
    > downloading/installing IE 6 over IE 5.5 this morning, I tried to download
    > Norton Antivirus 2005 and download failed and can't open Norton - but
    > that's
    > Symantec's problem. However, this evening I tried to create a "System
    > restore" point and an error box states I can't and to reboot - but after
    > rebooting, still can't create a System Restore point. Any suggestions?
    > Thanks, Johnn9

    If you have Norton's "Go-Back" and did not disable it or remove it, you
    won't be able to use System Restore. (And you may not be able to use
    Go-Back either.)
    "johnny9" <johnny9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > 4.5 yr old WINME w/Pent III 800 Mhz 512 RAM - After successfully
    > downloading/installing IE 6 over IE 5.5 this morning, I tried to download
    > Norton Antivirus 2005 and download failed and can't open Norton - but
    that's
    > Symantec's problem. However, this evening I tried to create a "System
    > restore" point and an error box states I can't and to reboot - but after
    > rebooting, still can't create a System Restore point. Any suggestions?
    > Thanks, Johnn9

Internet Explorer System Restore Windows