iexplore/lexplore error

I have a friend running WinME. She's getting an error message stating
""lexplore" has caused an error in kernell32.dll and will now close". I'm
not sure if she's typing the error correctly though.

All virus/malware scans are clean. I've suggested that she turn off
TeaTimer in Spybot. I've also asked that she hit Alt+D if the error comes
back.

Any hints on where we could look or what we could do to identify the
problem?

KB
4 answers Last reply
More about iexplore lexplore error

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q276459/

    http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
    >I have a friend running WinME. She's getting an error message stating
    > ""lexplore" has caused an error in kernell32.dll and will now close". I'm
    > not sure if she's typing the error correctly though.
    >
    > All virus/malware scans are clean. I've suggested that she turn off
    > TeaTimer in Spybot. I've also asked that she hit Alt+D if the error comes
    > back.
    >
    > Any hints on where we could look or what we could do to identify the
    > problem?
    >
    > KB

    Interesting reading. Thanks, Noel.

    KB
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q276459/
    >
    > http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
    > >I have a friend running WinME. She's getting an error message stating
    > > ""lexplore" has caused an error in kernell32.dll and will now close".
    I'm
    > > not sure if she's typing the error correctly though.
    > >
    > > All virus/malware scans are clean. I've suggested that she turn off
    > > TeaTimer in Spybot. I've also asked that she hit Alt+D if the error
    comes
    > > back.
    > >
    > > Any hints on where we could look or what we could do to identify the
    > > problem?
    > >
    > > KB

    Good Luck! - kernel32 errors can be fun to resolve<eg>

    --

    > Interesting reading. Thanks, Noel.
    >
    > KB
    > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q276459/
    >>
    >> http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >>
    >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    >>
    >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
    >>
    >> "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
    >> >I have a friend running WinME. She's getting an error message stating
    >> > ""lexplore" has caused an error in kernell32.dll and will now close".
    > I'm
    >> > not sure if she's typing the error correctly though.
    >> >
    >> > All virus/malware scans are clean. I've suggested that she turn off
    >> > TeaTimer in Spybot. I've also asked that she hit Alt+D if the error
    > comes
    >> > back.
    >> >
    >> > Any hints on where we could look or what we could do to identify the
    >> > problem?
    >> >
    >> > KB

    More help:

    Internet Explorer errors

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/erriexpl.htm

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
    > Interesting reading. Thanks, Noel.
    >
    > KB
    > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q276459/
    > >
    > > http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html
    > >
    > > --
    > > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    > >
    > > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    > > http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    > >
    > > Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
    NG's

    > > "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
    > > >I have a friend running WinME. She's getting an error message stating
    > > > ""lexplore" has caused an error in kernell32.dll and will now close".
    > I'm
    > > > not sure if she's typing the error correctly though.
    > > >
    > > > All virus/malware scans are clean. I've suggested that she turn off
    > > > TeaTimer in Spybot. I've also asked that she hit Alt+D if the error
    > comes
    > > > back.
    > > >
    > > > Any hints on where we could look or what we could do to identify the
    > > > problem?
    > > >
    > > > KB

Windows