Security Update(KB828026)

This update popup every day for the last two or three weeks. I have
installed it six times( checked installment history). It has something to
do with Windows Media Player. I see where another person was having the
same problem, but with another security update. Can I used the same
procedure to aleviate my problem

This happens because for some reason another update has installed itself
prior to 828026, and it returns a higher version number than 828026, so the
install fails.

to correct this....

1)Rename the wmp.dll file to wmp.dll.old

2)Go to Windows Update and install the 828026 patch

Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Paja" <jeapia@msn.com> wrote in message
> This update popup every day for the last two or three weeks. I have
> installed it six times( checked installment history). It has something to
> do with Windows Media Player. I see where another person was having the
> same problem, but with another security update. Can I used the same
> procedure to aleviate my problem

TRENDING THREADS